R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-21-2010, 01:29 AM   #16
Tech Adept

if you realy want to keep up with the guys running kyosho and mugen you need to get yourself a kyosho or mugen, then it comes down to driving after that. have you tryed camparing weights between your car and the other guys in your club?. i would of tought that your car weighs alot more.
ugglasdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:49 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugglasdav View Post
if you realy want to keep up with the guys running kyosho and mugen you need to get yourself a kyosho or mugen, then it comes down to driving after that. have you tryed camparing weights between your car and the other guys in your club?. i would of tought that your car weighs alot more.
The other guys are right buy the time you make all those changes you could buy a new car.if its price you are worried about then an edam spirit si a good bet.good parts back up in usa and the car is starting to make a name for its self
Ballistik Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Default Need help with GPX4rtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistik Mods View Post
The other guys are right buy the time you make all those changes you could buy a new car.if its price you are worried about then an edam spirit si a good bet.good parts back up in usa and the car is starting to make a name for its self

Just got this car and I'm having some trouble. I am not new at this but I'm not an expert either.

After getting through the centax adjustment issues and tightening all chassis screws and adjusting some linkages that were hitting the reciever box, I finally got to break in the engine. It is on tank 4 now.

I am running Jaco foam tires shore 35 all around for now.
The problem is this. The car is all over the place. Cannot accelerate hard, it will just skoot to the side and spin out. Even on moderate acceleration it is almost uncontrollable. I have added rear negative tow in about 1 degree, although I know this is not the problem. I picked the car off the bench and when I spin one back wheel the front wheels dont' move. Also if I hold the one back wheel and turn the other it moves to easily. I think my differentials are too loose. Either built with no silicon grease or just not enough grease or too light of a grease.

Questions: Do you think that's the problem and if so can I add grease without taking the diffs out of the car. Can I take off the set screw and add grease or what?
I want to keep this car basically stock, it should be much better than it is with the soft Jaco tires.

Thanks
Jim
authorjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #19
Tech Regular

if i remember correctly the diffs are greased filled. it will be a good thing to fill them up with some sillicon oil. my suggestion would be 50,000 cst on the front and 10,000 cst or lower in the rear. the set screw on the diff is not for filling the diffs up without removing them. i just know that if you screw the bolt down the diff will lock up. this was a nice thing as you can have a "solid axle" in the front in just seconds. also check for any binding on the drivetrain, check your belts, and let us know.

Last edited by Nitro-Racer*; 04-09-2010 at 05:15 AM.
Nitro-Racer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Default GPX4 RTR Scooting around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer* View Post
if i remember correctly the diffs are greased filled. it will be a good thing to fill them up with some sillicon oil. my suggestion would be 50,000 cst on the front and 10,000 cst or lower in the rear. the set screw on the diff is not for filling the diffs up without removing them. i just know that if you screw the bolt down the diff will lock up. this was a nice thing as you can have a "solid axle" in the front in just seconds. also check for any binding on the drivetrain, check your belts, and let as know.
So I quess if I don't find anything else wrong with the car I will have to take it apart to add oil to the diffs. Thanks for the help. I take it from your response that a lack of oil in the diffs could cause this problem.

If the set screw locks the diff maybe I will lock them just to see if it goes in a straight line, realizing that it won't go around turns too well.
jim
authorjim is offline   Reply With Quote