Community
Wiki Posts
Search

crystal Park rc club members info from reesso

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

When SoCal RC closed everyone thought that would be the end but now there is WCRC which is way better.

If CP closes it will be said but not the end because there is still GLARC and hopefully there may be another new track to open that will be better. There's too much momentum in RC for it to die out. Someone will eventually come out with a new facility to profit from us.

Who knows? With all the empty real estate out there, someone is bound to come out with another facility.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
When SoCal RC closed everyone thought that would be the end but now there is WCRC which is way better.

If CP closes it will be said but not the end because there is still GLARC and hopefully there may be another new track to open that will be better. There's too much momentum in RC for it to die out. Someone will eventually come out with a new facility to profit from us.

Who knows? With all the empty real estate out there, someone is bound to come out with another facility.
Not to be negative, but there is a reason for all of the undeveloped real estate, and empty buildings.
The economy is in the shitter, people are losing their buisnesses right and left, and I would have to say, that if someone had the means to open a track, they would most likely put that money to use some where else.Like a buisness that would most likely be successful
When the economy is in the toilet, hobbies are the last thing on peoples minds.
I wish some one would open a nice stable track, but I dont see it happening
Old 03-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 92 (99%+)

What is the latest news? I stop by today and looked
Old 03-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by atomapapa
What is the latest news? I stop by today and looked
I haven't heard any current news regarding Crystal Park.

I wanted to tell James Thank you for the thirteen years of service he gave So Cal Nitro on road racers, no matter what happen in the furture in regards to the track; Thanks for giving us a place to race.

Brian Thomas
just my 2 cents
Old 03-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike jones
I haven't heard any current news regarding Crystal Park.

I wanted to tell James Thank you for the thirteen years of service he gave So Cal Nitro on road racers, no matter what happen in the furture in regards to the track; Thanks for giving us a place to race.

Brian Thomas
just my 2 cents
Amen to that.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well at least I can say I got to run on that track.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert R
Well at least I can say I got to run on that track.
From what i hear they turned it into parking lot no more track
Old 03-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

this is some sad news , it's the last and only permanent onroad we have in socal ...
Old 03-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default good luck Reeso and thank you

Originally Posted by gotmotor
From what i hear they turned it into parking lot no more track
Drove by the track last week, seems we won't be racing there anytime soon..
Trailer is gone....4x4's barriers no longer there..work benches just outside the entry gate..bits and pieces of garbage strewn around...race control tent still up...drivers stand and canopy still up...painted borders still shaded green...
13 years of tire marks very visible...very gloomy sight..this was a loved and hated track I'm not too sure why....but I surely did had so much fun here..made a lot of friends here...made a lot of fun memories here....even tho' the mediocre kind of racing..I SURE HAD SO MUCH FUN...Wish you the best James Reeso...wish I could say we're coming back to race here....

Your friend
Joel E
Old 03-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Really!! CP closing?? Like many guys from the LA region. There was time that I had 3 permament track available to me. Sun Valley Raceway, Revelations, and CP. SV was the first to close, Revelation close down the on-road kept the off-road track. Now CP!!! I would think that GLARC would keep it open cuz they used to run at the Mall west of CP! They're running a Transit parking lot. Few year back CP held National Sedan Championship, debuting the Serpent 733. SV even ran 1/5 scale nationchampionship early when thay were open.

Oh! Well!! Moved from the LA region now I'm stuck with Siver Bowl Raceway in Vegas. Just wish they would resurface. Hint! Hint!!! JK!!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by morook
Drove by the track last week, seems we won't be racing there anytime soon..
Trailer is gone....4x4's barriers no longer there..work benches just outside the entry gate..bits and pieces of garbage strewn around...race control tent still up...drivers stand and canopy still up...painted borders still shaded green...
13 years of tire marks very visible...very gloomy sight..this was a loved and hated track I'm not too sure why....but I surely did had so much fun here..made a lot of friends here...made a lot of fun memories here....even tho' the mediocre kind of racing..I SURE HAD SO MUCH FUN...Wish you the best James Reeso...wish I could say we're coming back to race here....

Your friend
Joel E
Originally Posted by Geezatec
Really!! CP closing?? Like many guys from the LA region. There was time that I had 3 permament track available to me. Sun Valley Raceway, Revelations, and CP. SV was the first to close, Revelation close down the on-road kept the off-road track. Now CP!!! I would think that GLARC would keep it open cuz they used to run at the Mall west of CP! They're running a Transit parking lot. Few year back CP held National Sedan Championship, debuting the Serpent 733. SV even ran 1/5 scale nationchampionship early when thay were open.

Oh! Well!! Moved from the LA region now I'm stuck with Siver Bowl Raceway in Vegas. Just wish they would resurface. Hint! Hint!!! JK!!
On a brighter note you guys can always come up to rams thats rams-rc.com this weekend for 1/8 1/10 and 1/5
Old 03-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

well I am wondering what the official word is on how things are going. Cause I would really like to come back down for a two day...
Old 03-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

I wish it wasnt such long drive.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert R
I wish it wasnt such long drive.
I'll fly you and 5 friends out from the crazy horse
Old 03-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gotmotor
On a brighter note you guys can always come up to rams thats rams-rc.com this weekend for 1/8 1/10 and 1/5
You know im always down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.