R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #16
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

James,

Is the city holding -up your conditional use permit until the improvements are done? Or are they allowing you to run on a temporary while you are getting it fixed?

As part of the commercialization of the track, will you be selling products to further the support the track? If so what will it be?
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Corona Ca.
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Crystal Park

Does anyoe know for sure if the track is now closed, or will it be open this weekend.
I have heard so many different stories, I dont know what to believe.
Some say closed, some say open to members only.
Anyone know the real truth?
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT][/COLOR]BRC358http://www.kamikazercracing.com
nearest barstool
brc358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc358 View Post
Does anyoe know for sure if the track is now closed, or will it be open this weekend.
I have heard so many different stories, I dont know what to believe.
Some say closed, some say open to members only.
Anyone know the real truth?
Based on what James said, they are no longer allowed to operate as a club. In other words they have to run as a business. Because its a business, they are required to have a conditional use permit. For them to obtain the permit they must comply with the city's requirements of restroom and trash facilities.

Until that is done they don't have a permit to operate, club members or not. What is going to take for them to re-open is time and money. Don't be surprised if fees go up after they re-open.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #19
Tag
Tech Master
 
Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arcadia CA
Posts: 1,589
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

is the track now closed ? thinking about going down there this weekened
__________________
* Serpent 966 TE Novarossi 35+21, Airtronics M12 *
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,020
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

1 question will the off-road be re-opened? and if so what will the schedule be? I know the timing system is still in there...right? get some friday night lights going again!!!!

anyway James and crystal good luck with the future of the track.would love to see it re-open
__________________
T5M 7.5
22 3.0 7.5
SickWitiTRacing(Jayson)
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
1 question will the off-road be re-opened? and if so what will the schedule be? I know the timing system is still in there...right? get some friday night lights going again!!!!

anyway James and crystal good luck with the future of the track.would love to see it re-open
I'm sure the folks at CP would have to consider developing the offroad track and schedule more so than they have done in the past. Doing so would increase their earning potential as a track to keep everything alive and pay the bills.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #22
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting
Default

Whatever the challenges are, I hope they can be worked out. Loran and I really enjoyed racing there last summer and would like to come back.

JEFF
__________________
Thanks to our sponsors: Desoto Racing, Serpent, Ielasi Tuned, HobbyWing, Byron's Fuel, Matrix Tires, Protoform, Futaba, www.LEFComplex.com
jeff whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic
 
gotmotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting View Post
Whatever the challenges are, I hope they can be worked out. Loran and I really enjoyed racing there last summer and would like to come back.

JEFF
Whenever it happens it's payback
__________________
RcTarget~KO~VP Fuel~OS~Matrix

Last edited by gotmotor; 02-18-2010 at 05:33 PM.
gotmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #24
Tech Regular
 
FASRICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Posts: 314
Default CP

Any News on the track?
__________________
Mugen Seiki Racing U.S.A / O.S Engines / Flash Point Tires/ Protoform / Flash Point Fuel / G.L.A.R.C / Playing To Win
FASRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #25
Tag
Tech Master
 
Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arcadia CA
Posts: 1,589
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

have not hear anything from james ... we need to keep this track alive it's the last and only onroad track we have in socal area
__________________
* Serpent 966 TE Novarossi 35+21, Airtronics M12 *
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #26
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I think some of you guys are overreacting. He clearly said that the track is NOT closing. I have my own business and when you have to deal wit the city theres tons of paperwork. Plus they have to build a restroom and trash bins. So, relax people, we will have CP back, they just need time.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #27
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca.
Posts: 1,937
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motojon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
I think some of you guys are overreacting. He clearly said that the track is NOT closing. I have my own business and when you have to deal wit the city theres tons of paperwork. Plus they have to build a restroom and trash bins. So, relax people, we will have CP back, they just need time.
+1
__________________
My Gpa(RIP)
motojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #28
Tech Regular
 
FASRICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
I think some of you guys are overreacting. He clearly said that the track is NOT closing. I have my own business and when you have to deal wit the city theres tons of paperwork. Plus they have to build a restroom and trash bins. So, relax people, we will have CP back, they just need time.

Relax? I cant relax, You say that because you are hardly ever there
__________________
Mugen Seiki Racing U.S.A / O.S Engines / Flash Point Tires/ Protoform / Flash Point Fuel / G.L.A.R.C / Playing To Win
FASRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #29
Tech Adept
 
morook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 108
Default sorry I have to correct this post

and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
have not hear anything from james ... we need to keep this track alive it's the last and only onroad track we have in socal area
We have another track, GLARCRC and it's located in Artesia. Lets hope for the best for James and CP, It's one of the finest track in So Cal.

The worse thing that can happento us RC afficionados, is losing a loved playground...we dont know what we have until it's gone.
morook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,020
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
I'm sure the folks at CP would have to consider developing the offroad track and schedule more so than they have done in the past. Doing so would increase their earning potential as a track to keep everything alive and pay the bills.
Im sure that can happen would love to see the off-road re-open racing there was always a blast
__________________
T5M 7.5
22 3.0 7.5
SickWitiTRacing(Jayson)
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net