Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by R&TRacer
In step 24 on page 10 of the manual you can see CAD drawings of the pulleys you have been asking about. Those CAD drawings are accurate.

H0251B is a 20 tooth pulley.
H0251C is an 18 tooth pulley.

Also for your information the rear pulley on the solid axle, H2202, is a 48 tooth pulley. The pulley on the front one way, H0251K, is a 24 tooth pulley.
Your the man, that's the answer I was looking for thanks.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
85.5 is ball end to ball end i did not measure the rod but if u have a mrx4 its the same so just measure it..
Ok I have a pair of the MRX4X and they are 57mm so they must work thanks
Old 10-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I read it right:

Front / 24 / 18 / 29 / 18 / 2speed shaft / 20 / 48 / rear

From 2speed shaft:
- Rear: 2.4
- Front: 2.148
Rear:Front: 1.117
Old 10-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default MRX5 at FEMCA

The FEMCA was held in Hong Kong on the Weekend with drivers from Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Macau, Singapore and Hong Kong. 14 rounds total.

I had a blast running the MRX5. Also having YURUKI san( FUKUDA mechanic) set up help and as pit man, it was RC made in heaven!

First no more Radio glitch run away issues we had. Also I think is our track and driver stand n covers all made from metal so caused more problems then most. I know Japan have reports similar problem when driver stand and covers made from metal.

Friend of my MRX5 TQ the race but the steering rod came loss, ended his race.

All the MRX5s at the track were running fast including my.
I had good chance to move up A final from semi but drivers mistake so I ended 4th at semi. I recorded the 2nd fastest lap of the day so very happy with the car. Also very durable, good for guys like me

One thing I learn from Yuruki was the rear roll bar should be adjusted to move freely. If not, use the 2 collar and turn 1 of them at a time until the bar is free, if not free again, try different position roll it up or down until bar is free.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just a quick note for you guys that are having radio problems with the 5. When
you are running the radio tray in the floating position make sure the cap screws on top of the bearings are snug. If not the radio tray will vibrate. We have several MRX-5s running here at the Paris race in Vegas. We've had a few run aways and making sure those cap screws were snug fixed the problem. Also 7 out of the top 9 are driving MRX-5's. Top 3 are Mike Swauger,
Scotty Barrera, Steven Jackson so far. Last qualifier and mains will be today.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kitracer
The FEMCA was held in Hong Kong on the Weekend with drivers from Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Macau, Singapore and Hong Kong. 14 rounds total.

I had a blast running the MRX5. Also having YURUKI san( FUKUDA mechanic) set up help and as pit man, it was RC made in heaven!

First no more Radio glitch run away issues we had. Also I think is our track and driver stand n covers all made from metal so caused more problems then most. I know Japan have reports similar problem when driver stand and covers made from metal.

Friend of my MRX5 TQ the race but the steering rod came loss, ended his race.

All the MRX5s at the track were running fast including my.
I had good chance to move up A final from semi but drivers mistake so I ended 4th at semi. I recorded the 2nd fastest lap of the day so very happy with the car. Also very durable, good for guys like me

One thing I learn from Yuruki was the rear roll bar should be adjusted to move freely. If not, use the 2 collar and turn 1 of them at a time until the bar is free, if not free again, try different position roll it up or down until bar is free.
Your 5 was rocket fast yesterday! What a pity cannot see more 5 enter the final and the TQ could not finish.... but it all showed that the 5 is a superb machine...

Did you add alum. foil to cover the receiver? I think I am the first guy to crash the 5 with the radio problem at the local track, I fixed it with a new Futaba 614 receiver too.

Re: rear roll bar.... move freely means up and down movement only right?
Old 10-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 3 different standard settings?

From the Mugen offical website there are 3 different standard set up : Asia, US and EU..Have never seen a car with 3 different standard set up, not sure why Mugen needs to do that.

Can anyone advise the differences for these set ups, which one is more aggressive/ stable?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Navi

Re: rear roll bar.... move freely means up and down movement only right?
yes, just up and down.

Now I just need to practice more on my driving!
Old 10-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BIREL8
Just a quick note for you guys that are having radio problems with the 5. When
you are running the radio tray in the floating position make sure the cap screws on top of the bearings are snug. If not the radio tray will vibrate. We have several MRX-5s running here at the Paris race in Vegas. We've had a few run aways and making sure those cap screws were snug fixed the problem. Also 7 out of the top 9 are driving MRX-5's. Top 3 are Mike Swauger,
Scotty Barrera, Steven Jackson so far. Last qualifier and mains will be today.
I also manage to eliminate my radio problems by doing a few other things.

1) Added a 1mm shim under the bracket which holds the bearings in place for the floating radio tray setup. Raises the receiver box from the chassis and stops it touching at high speed. (As mention above having the cap screws snug is important)

2) Double sided taped the receiver to the inside of the receiver box to stop it from bouncing around inside. Even with small movements the receiver is still getting knocked around. With the 4x the receiver is taped solid to the holder.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Navi
From the Mugen offical website there are 3 different standard set up : Asia, US and EU..Have never seen a car with 3 different standard set up, not sure why Mugen needs to do that.

Can anyone advise the differences for these set ups, which one is more aggressive/ stable?
Mugen does that because the tracks in each area are different. Here in Japan many of the of the tracks are run without any surface treatment. The Japanese factory drivers figured out what works best for them and Mugen posted that. I do know that a setup based on treated surfaces in the US will not necessarily be the best for the local tracks here in Japan.

I never ran European tracks so I can't mention why their setup is different. Maybe one of our European MRX5 drivers could add a comment.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Where can I find the MRX5 european set up?
Old 10-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Go to www.mugenseiki.com, click english or japanese, left side of screen there is a row of tabs, click setting sheet. When that screen comes up its in the top left box...
Old 10-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the japanese set up

more toe out in the front
less toe in the rear
flat front sway bar
rear sway bar same-same
less droop in the front and rear

Couple of other little changes
Old 10-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What are the handling charateristics, fixed vs non fixed radio tray?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R&TRacer
Mugen does that because the tracks in each area are different. Here in Japan many of the of the tracks are run without any surface treatment. The Japanese factory drivers figured out what works best for them and Mugen posted that. I do know that a setup based on treated surfaces in the US will not necessarily be the best for the local tracks here in Japan.

I never ran European tracks so I can't mention why their setup is different. Maybe one of our European MRX5 drivers could add a comment.
I am not from Europe but have competed on a European track and seen many tracks from that region. There tracks are mostly open with a lot of fast sweeping corners. Cars need to be setup to carry more corner speed while maintaining stability. Australian and Asian tracks are more technical with lots of slower 180deg corners. Setup on these tracks require the car to rotate a lot quicker while sacrificing some stability.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.