Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flygio
When you set front toe out, you must align the quick levers. I like to set them vertically when checking toe, and horizontally when checking camber. If they ain't parallel you may have different angles L&R, even though they seem the same when reading the gauge values

And of course check front one way bearings, sometimes if you put too much oil in them, they could slip, pulling the car away from the straight line.

All of this assuming that your shocks and down-stops are equally setted.

ciao
Thanks mate, I will ensure to check this when I set the car up again.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motonica#1
Hey fellow MRX5'ers,

I have a problem with mine which I'm hoping you can help me with.

I use a Hudy set up station. I set the car up, including toe, camber, tweak etc. absoutely perfectly. I true tires exactly the same using a Hudy truer.
As far as I'm concerned the car shoud run dead straight after all this. Trouble is, I put the car on the track and find I have to put steering trim in every time which means I end up with one front toeing out and the other toeing in.

Any thoughts/suggestions??

Any help will be much appreciated...
i have the same problem what i have come to learn some servos dont center and they jump just alittle but enuff to make one of your toes left or right toe go from out 1 to out 2 i come to realize this so what i did was figured out which way it was jumping either to left or right and offset the toe so the car goes stright without using the trim, if u leave the trim like that and try to do the toes same shit happens and u have to trim more so watch your servo when u plug it in u see it jump around,,, hope it helps
Old 01-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thats what I was thinking. I have the same problem with my pan cars. I use a mini digital Futaba, and it just won't center up! I've never had the problem on my gas cars (1/10, 1/8) using high-end KO servos. Make sure the servo horn fits perfectly. There should be no slop in the horn before you tighten the screw. Properly set up, (which it looks like you've done) these cars should track dead-nuts straight.

Let us know what you find.

-Steve

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
i have the same problem what i have come to learn some servos dont center and they jump just alittle but enuff to make one of your toes left or right toe go from out 1 to out 2 i come to realize this so what i did was figured out which way it was jumping either to left or right and offset the toe so the car goes stright without using the trim, if u leave the trim like that and try to do the toes same shit happens and u have to trim more so watch your servo when u plug it in u see it jump around,,, hope it helps
Old 01-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Hey fellow MRX5'ers,

I use a Hudy set up station. I set the car up, including toe, camber, tweak etc. absoutely perfectly. I true tires exactly the same using a Hudy truer.
As far as I'm concerned the car shoud run dead straight after all this. Trouble is, I put the car on the track and find I have to put steering trim in every time which means I end up with one front toeing out and the other toeing in.

Make sure your servo horn is still in good conditions ie. no play. ( most of the time, this is the problem )

After checking the servo horn, check the servo gears from missing teeth. The servo should turn left and right smoothly without stutering..

Make sure the plastic ball connectors are in good condition too.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Thanks a lot for all your feedback regarding body position. Well, I run in Europe (e.g. Lostallo) and our tracks do not have the grip level of the ones in the US. That means we don't run the PF909 because it is not creating enough steering. We run Zytec or Blitz R09 bodies. Any ideas of the bumper to body edge distance for those? We used to mount them with 15mm on the MRX-4...
I Run in New Zealand and it is alss very low grip and I only use the R09 body. I did some testing at 22mm, 20mm and 18mm and I found 18mm to be the best for me in our low grip conditions. You cant go much further back than that as the bumper will be sticking out past the front of the body.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by asw7576
Is this correct assumption ?

When I mount the body farther from bumper ( ex. 18mm gap from bumper ) = I get more steering but expect to get less stability at rear end ?

When I mount the body close to bumper ( ex. 6mm gap from bumper ) = I get less possible steering but I have more stability at rear end ?

Increasing the height of rear wing ( ex. additional 15mm height increase ) = more stability at rear end ?
Yes you are correct, it works on the centre of pressure. If you move the body forward it moves the centre of pressure forward putting more weight on the front wheels giving you more steering. Move it back the more weight on the rear less on the front. But only to a point go to far forward and you will get slower laps because your back end will be floating around. You need to find the right balance. I think 18mm with the Blitz R09 is about right for me.
Hope that helps, Andrew
Old 01-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm using very good quality JR servos and I also use aluminium servo horns so I'm fairly confident this is not the issue but will investigate this theory further.

Ralph, are you saying then that u normally run with your front toe slighty different side to side?? If so, it doesn't seem to effect your speed. I just watched a video the other night of you flying round a track. Very fast!!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm using very good quality JR servos and I also use aluminium servo horns so I'm fairly confident this is not the issue but will investigate this theory further.

Ralph, are you saying then that u normally run with your front toe slighty different side to side?? If so, it doesn't seem to effect your speed. I just watched a video the other night of you flying round a track. Very fast!!

SHARE THE VIDEO, Were can we find that vid?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Here's a vid of 1/8 scale car MRX5 on our SpeedWorld track. We just started racing 1/8 on our track. We usally run 1/10 electric and 1/10 nitro. The track is small but fun, it works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms9w3cdZxpQ

I would like to thank Kevin Woods for the vid..
Old 01-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Hey fellow MRX5'ers,

There's no perfect situation. They are to many variables that can cause the car not to track perfectly straight after 20' feet or so. i.e, most track surfaces are not perfectly even. When both sides of your car are even, sub-trim (minor change for tracking straight) the rest of the way and you should be fine .
Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Here's a vid of 1/8 scale car MRX5 on our SpeedWorld track. We just started racing 1/8 on our track. We usally run 1/10 electric and 1/10 nitro. The track is small but fun, it works...

Nice video Billy. Is that you driving?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB

Track looks fun Billy. Can't wait to race there.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys, not exactly sure where I found the vid, you tube somewhere.

Finally got my screen name changed from Motonica#1 to CHRISP76
Old 01-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chemical X
Nice video Billy. Is that you driving?
No, thats Ryan C.. I can't wait for all you guys to come and race with us. Our track is Mugen country right now.........No hijacking I know, but most of you are my friends so please go to www.speedworldraceway.com forum or RCTECH under racing SpeedWorld thread. Most of you AZ, CA, L.V, OR, WA & CO will be at our track in 2011 SpeedWorlod will be hosting the 5th Annual Mugen Nitro Challenge, 1st Annual 1/8 & IGT West Coast Nitro Champs, 5th Annual 1/10 Gas Championships (we will add 1/8 at this race) and The Golden Gate Series that I am starting at 3 tracks around California. For information and this is not the place to ask question. Please go www.speedworldraceway.com for questions, concerns and DBA dates.

Thanks Billy

Last edited by YLLIB; 01-26-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHRISP76
Hey fellow MRX5'ers,

Heya Chris,

I see your a fellow adelaidean.. the natural slope/elevation changes of the littlehampton track plays its part on how the cars feel... i always find myself having to make a slight trim adjustment... its most noticeable on the back straight due to the painted line down the centre... also our track is extremely abrasive.. so even with only a few mins run on a set of tires the left hand side will show more wear than the right...

Nothing is binding in my car, its straight on the hudy so i really think its our track

Glenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.