Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MRX4XXXX
Anybody has an opinion?

I think that in my car the rear belt and the pulley almost touch the engine/engine mount. Just assembled it with the kit gears/pinions and 35PLUS21 engine.

I think the distance is about 0.5mm or something???

-X-
You will be fine . That area of the car will not move under norman circumstances. Take a deep breath, you are now the proud owner of a MRX5 . Take it out for a spin and let me know how it feels.

Last edited by walo; 02-21-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Roelof
The dogbones I do not greese, to much pressure on the pin seems to me it will pressure out all the greese, for sure if the pin is moving up and down in the shaft. I know some people are using a graphite grease spray, it stays dry and so it will not take dirt.
The CVD gets some teflon spray.
If you're interested, O'donnell Racing has a wax lube called O' Lube.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for your help guys...
Old 02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default MRX5

Snow cleared off our track friday and got a chance to take out my 5 again . Feels real good to get back on the track . Not 1 glitch and the car ran great . Cant wait to get the new sway bar on it !

Richard Siriano
Brooklyn Hobbies
Team Mugen Northeast
Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You guys are overthinking too much. The car isnt glitching cause of a tight radio box unless you are using a old am radio. They are having problems with the clutch heating up. .5mm? cmon guys. Anyways how does the car handle compared to the x4? I want one. Thinking about getting one and making a trip to blue diamond twice a month for fun.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TEAM BROOKLYN
Snow cleared off our track friday and got a chance to take out my 5 again . Feels real good to get back on the track . Not 1 glitch and the car ran great . Cant wait to get the new sway bar on it !

Richard Siriano
Brooklyn Hobbies
Team Mugen Northeast
Do you have the part number for the new sway bar?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Do you have the part number for the new sway bar?
I assume he is talking about the three new rear sway bars.

These are the part numbers:

H2134 Rear Sway Bar 2.7mm
H2135 Rear Sway Bar 2.8mm
H2136 Rear Sway Bar 2.9mm
Old 02-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sm1nts2escape
You guys are overthinking too much. The car isnt glitching cause of a tight radio box unless you are using a old am radio. They are having problems with the clutch heating up. .5mm? cmon guys. Anyways how does the car handle compared to the x4? I want one. Thinking about getting one and making a trip to blue diamond twice a month for fun.
Ummmm so let me get this right you dont even run the car but you know what everyones problem is?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Just making a guess. Never had a reciever box cause glitching before. I zip tie all my wires tightly together sometimes taping them together with electrical tape. Never had any glitches before. It may be but I highly doubt it. Just seen you run savox. You know alot of people are having brown outs running those servos? Might try adding a glitch buster or check your battery under load.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

any setups from team drivers avaidable?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
any setups from team drivers avaidable?
there are some setups on mugens web site..
Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sm1nts2escape
If your driving a four you'll sh-t when ya get a 5 on the track. I did, pulled in the pit lane so I could hoot and holla bout it. The car is badazz. Ran the car at three different tracks with two different radio systems installed not one glitch. I really wish I could get my hands on a car that REALLY has a radio issue. At this point is has been a bad servo, transponder, receiver, battery, wiring ( found chew marks on the equipment, stuff had been installed with a hammer and a vice). Dont over tighten the piviot ball that screws on to the screw for the brake rods slider. Mount the receiver to the cover with one 5-8mm wide strip of "both side tape" rite down the middle (so the receiver is not trying to brace the cover), make sure the plugs are in the well of the box. Neatly wind the wiring up in there and let it rip.
Disregard the .6mm gap in the book, unless you like frying clutch discs ( makin lots O heat). Try this .3-.4 gap, .1 end play, MSR spring 1mm to start, drill the fly weight at the dot furthest from the hole for the pin to 3.5mm. Not enuff or ya put the spring into coil bind to get what your after: drill the hole to 4mm and start over at 1mm on the spring.
THE CAR IS A ROCKET
Old 02-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
If your driving a four you'll sh-t when ya get a 5 on the track. I did, pulled in the pit lane so I could hoot and holla bout it. The car is badazz. Ran the car at three different tracks with two different radio systems installed not one glitch. I really wish I could get my hands on a car that REALLY has a radio issue. At this point is has been a bad servo, transponder, receiver, battery, wiring ( found chew marks on the equipment, stuff had been installed with a hammer and a vice). Dont over tighten the piviot ball that screws on to the screw for the brake rods slider. Mount the receiver to the cover with one 5-8mm wide strip of "both side tape" rite down the middle (so the receiver is not trying to brace the cover), make sure the plugs are in the well of the box. Neatly wind the wiring up in there and let it rip.
Disregard the .6mm gap in the book, unless you like frying clutch discs ( makin lots O heat). Try this .3-.4 gap, .1 end play, MSR spring 1mm to start, drill the fly weight at the dot furthest from the hole for the pin to 3.5mm. Not enuff or ya put the spring into coil bind to get what your after: drill the hole to 4mm and start over at 1mm on the spring.
THE CAR IS A ROCKET
Thatīs good info, thanks. I own a 4x and am looking to get a 5 but Iīm forcing myself not to due to the amount of spare parts and 4x stuff I already have. Can you do a rough estimate on how faster the 5 is compared to the 4x in terms of lap times? i.e. on a 20 sec mid speed track.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

OOPS forgot. Get your self a H0855(ten in the bag) two H0867 and which ever H0181-a,b,c,d you need to make a spacer 1.5mm thick. 1.5mm puts the ball where it is with the kit stock stuff. Replace the the ball ends on the front upper arms with this stuff. It won't hurt you feelings or your wallet as bad when you wack something.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

KM Released 2 new option parts for MRX-5
Attached Thumbnails MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-km-kmrx5-086.jpg   MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-km-kmrx5-087cf.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.