Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
MUGEN SEIKI MRX5 >

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Old 02-07-2011, 02:51 PM
  #1501  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (36)
 
MugenDrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Apollo Beach, Florida
Posts: 2,152
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Romeo
This may help, I notice this as well, i replace the centre roll bar holder to Arrowmax alu pc and problem solve, the part comes with a longer screw and a nut to hold down the bearing firmly with room for flex.
Where can you buy Arrowmax Mugen parts from?
MugenDrew is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM
  #1502  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
Where can you buy Arrowmax Mugen parts from?
freemaxmp.com

i got all mine from them.
Vector03cobra is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 06:49 PM
  #1503  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Here is a shot of my MRX-5 at the Winter Nats.

Car worked great for me, only made a few setup changes. I cannot wait for some more seat time with it.

I was in Q18 for the mains with a 24 5:08 I needed a 25 5:10 to make the Top 8 or a 25 5:12 for the Top 10

I think i did really well for my first race in 8 years and my first 1/8th open race in 11 years.

Also my first trip to FT Myers

Vector03cobra is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 07:33 PM
  #1504  
Tech Fanatic
 
gotmotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 762
Default

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
Here is a shot of my MRX-5 at the Winter Nats.

Car worked great for me, only made a few setup changes. I cannot wait for some more seat time with it.

I was in Q18 for the mains with a 24 5:08 I needed a 25 5:10 to make the Top 8 or a 25 5:12 for the Top 10

I think i did really well for my first race in 8 years and my first 1/8th open race in 11 years.

Also my first trip to FT Myers

Good to hear.
gotmotor is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 07:49 PM
  #1505  
Tech Adept
 
Steve Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: goin South
Posts: 238
Default parts

Originally Posted by Romeo
This may help, I notice this as well, i replace the centre roll bar holder to Arrowmax alu pc and problem solve, the part comes with a longer screw and a nut to hold down the bearing firmly with room for flex

what part are you talking about bro?
Steve Rossi is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 08:28 PM
  #1506  
Tech Fanatic
 
gotmotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 762
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Rossi
Originally Posted by Romeo
This may help, I notice this as well, i replace the centre roll bar holder to Arrowmax alu pc and problem solve, the part comes with a longer screw and a nut to hold down the bearing firmly with room for flex

what part are you talking about bro?
Man he's talking about the screw that holds the nut "Come on Man"
gotmotor is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
  #1507  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
Onetrade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 671
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys, Noobie in the 1/8 on road Nitro class here and I have a question.

What kind of battery pack should I get? The manual says 1500mah, can I get a stronger battery and perhaps a LiPo? I would assume I can but don't wanna ef it up.

Thanks

(I used to race 1/10 electric buggies but driving an hour+ traffic to get to the track was getting annoying so need something else to tickle my pickle if I wanna stay local.)
Onetrade is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 05:33 PM
  #1508  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Onetrade
Hey Guys, Noobie in the 1/8 on road Nitro class here and I have a question.

What kind of battery pack should I get? The manual says 1500mah, can I get a stronger battery and perhaps a LiPo? I would assume I can but don't wanna ef it up.

Thanks

(I used to race 1/10 electric buggies but driving an hour+ traffic to get to the track was getting annoying so need something else to tickle my pickle if I wanna stay local.)
I would put nimh in because of weight box stock car light weight wheels and body I had to add 120 grams at the winternats I have all weights installed in chassis plus 4 bolt on weights you will need almost 60 grams more for lipo.
dfilo456 is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 06:50 PM
  #1509  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dfilo456
I would put nimh in because of weight box stock car light weight wheels and body I had to add 120 grams at the winternats I have all weights installed in chassis plus 4 bolt on weights you will need almost 60 grams more for lipo.
My car with a 1600NM pack is 165g light at the nats add 50 more if i use a lipo

That was at the winter nats
Vector03cobra is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 06:59 PM
  #1510  
Tech Adept
 
Steve Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: goin South
Posts: 238
Default

Originally Posted by gotmotor
Man he's talking about the screw that holds the nut "Come on Man"
ha......doesnt the nut hold the screw????
Steve Rossi is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 07:39 PM
  #1511  
Tech Fanatic
 
gotmotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 762
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Rossi
Originally Posted by Romeo
This may help, I notice this as well, i replace the centre roll bar holder to Arrowmax alu pc and problem solve, the part comes with a longer screw and a nut to hold down the bearing firmly with room for flex

what part are you talking about bro?
Originally Posted by Steve Rossi
ha......doesnt the nut hold the screw????
I always hold my nut when I screw It's like a hour main....no shaken no shaken
gotmotor is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 PM
  #1512  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gotmotor
I always hold my nut when I screw It's like a hour main....no shaken no shaken
An hour main? but you can only hold for 15 minutes!
Team Kamikaze is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 08:05 PM
  #1513  
Tech Fanatic
 
gotmotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 762
Default

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
An hour main? but you can only hold for 15 minutes!
If thats the case, I'll go back for seconds thirds and fourths and, and guarantee a podium FINISH from Mugen!!!

P.S. Sam, I got to much for you don't start, oh thats right you go Muller in your corner
gotmotor is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 08:50 PM
  #1514  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

Where is good place to get MRX5 parts? I know A main is carrying. who else?
ioxqq is offline  
Old 02-08-2011, 08:59 PM
  #1515  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (24)
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,741
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Where is good place to get MRX5 parts? I know A main is carrying. who else?
ashfordhobby.com
brooklynhobbies.com
Kamikaze
etc.
wingracer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.