Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
your not kidding, You might have well said that about your MRX-5 that probably won't hit the track at least until next year 2012, LMAO. I guess that's why you call yourself be smooth, until you hit the track, then we can call you bruff.......LMAO
...why do you always insist on hurting me with words!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by West03
Who on here is going to the world? Did anyone whom post on here regularly raced at the pre-worlds? I have some questions?

1. How is the tire wear on the homestead circuit. What shores where mainly used?

2. Did anyone get a chance to see if, Pietsch, Swauger, Fukuda, Rick V or anyone else use the floating or fixed radio option.

3. Did anyone get the setup sheets from the front running Mugen drivers.

P.S Any inside will be a great help for us drivers going to Homestead for the first time. Thanks.
. I was at that race. Tire wear is brutal in 20 mains one set of tires. In the 30 min main (semi) some guys did a change I lost 11.5 mm on my left rear in 30 min. I used ennetti regular weight 35 37. 32 35. Did really work for me I think the matrix carbon and zac tires are the tire on that track. They used the tray floating. Some of us liked the car with the tray locked though.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by choisan
i am expecting to see the fix of the front knuckle
guys the fix for the front end will be coming soon it will have hardened ball ends a new upper arm same as old but will use a 4mm turnbuckle, this will not be from mugen but brooklyn hobbies will have it...

also mugen should have soon the new anti roll bar thinner wires out.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by occ
New radio tray for the MRX5.

Receiver moved to the exhaust side.
mugen is saying that were the rec box is now is too close to the engine/clutch and the vibration is causing glitching so by putting the box on the other side there hoping it will stop this, we here on the team have not had these problems but for those that do hope it helps.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Ralph,

Thats what I am trying to say, spot on. I had another look last night and found that the radio tray was to one side. It seem to be that way, even after a couple of runs with a brand new car. The car did not even get close to brushing a wall. I compete at the top level in Australia and know how to build and drive these things.

I have replaced, everything you can think of, including a new chassis, I matched my shocks with the Losi tool and spend hours trying to get it perfect and when it returns from a clean run, the car has a tweak again and always to the same side.

I have also found the front esentrics to have turned white as you mention. I replaced that part as well, it turned white after about 1 hour of use. I believe the cause of that is the part is spinning in the bulkhead at probably the same speed as the bearing and heating up. Maybe Mugen should convert it to a fixed part like the rear esentrics. It would solve two problems at once, we can tighten the front belt using the front esentrics, therefore not needing to move the middle layshafts too far back and having more tension on the side belt. I will put new front esentrics in tonight and try again. Will let you know if it makes a difference.
west i have noticed something with the tray being off if u unscrew all of the front of the radio tray leave the back screwed in, it wiggles around the front and u can see the back move i think if the countersunk is off a bit or a thread in the front bulkhead is off by a hair it causes the back of the tray to be off if u play with it like i just said u will see but i dont think its a big deal....
Old 02-04-2011, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by walo
Nice , I still believe the original set-up without another tensioner will work. After I built mine, the tension on my belts seem fine. It took a little time to adjust it to the way I like my belts to feel. Nevertheless, I'm sure when I take it out for an official spin everything will hold up .
walo if i buy u a xray and parts will u get off this thread!!!! i think u should put an extra belt tensioner in your mouth and keep your tounge down!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Lol Ralph ur crazy!!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
guys the fix for the front end will be coming soon it will have hardened ball ends a new upper arm same as old but will use a 4mm turnbuckle, this will not be from mugen but brooklyn hobbies will have it...

also mugen should have soon the new anti roll bar thinner wires out.
RALPH, I think the bars are out starting today for the rear....
Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

west i have noticed something with the tray being off if u unscrew all of the front of the radio tray leave the back screwed in, it wiggles around the front and u can see the back move i think if the countersunk is off a bit or a thread in the front bulkhead is off by a hair it causes the back of the tray to be off if u play with it like i just said u will see but i dont think its a big deal....
I used a dremel so slightly around a couple of the front ears of the top plate were the front plastic arm pin support fits like a puzzle, because mine did not fit real well around and it was fixed for me and it went down perfectly stright..
Old 02-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Ralph, thats correct. What I have done is backed off all the front screws and the side screws which holds the top deck supports to the f-bulkheads. Inserted a blade or something small and flat into the side of the rear bearing which has less gap to the edge of the bracket. Moved the blade till the bearings lined up with the bracket. Then kept the blade in place and tighten all the top deck screws in a Z pattern. Once that is done, I then tighten the two side screw. Removed the blade and the bearing will be centralized. With minimal shocker pre-load adjustment the car has no tweak. Where before, I had at least 1mm preload difference from one side to the other.

Hope my explanation makes sense.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
. I was at that race. Tire wear is brutal in 20 mains one set of tires. In the 30 min main (semi) some guys did a change I lost 11.5 mm on my left rear in 30 min. I used ennetti regular weight 35 37. 32 35. Did really work for me I think the matrix carbon and zac tires are the tire on that track. They used the tray floating. Some of us liked the car with the tray locked though.
Thanks Phil, are you racing at the worlds?
Old 02-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

west there is a trick u can try for the radio tray and if u look at the new xray and capricorn i think they figured it out all ready if u replace the countersunk screws on the tray with button head screws and well on the 5 we would have to use a 1mm washer under the button head were as xray and capricorn didnt counter sink there tray but that should stop the tray from being off i beleave its coming from that...
Old 02-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Phil, are you racing at the worlds?
I am hoping to be there pitting for a friend or two but I won't be racing.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

This may help, I notice this as well, i replace the centre roll bar holder to Arrowmax alu pc and problem solve, the part comes with a longer screw and a nut to hold down the bearing firmly with room for flex.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Romeo
This may help, I notice this as well, i replace the centre roll bar holder to Arrowmax alu pc and problem solve, the part comes with a longer screw and a nut to hold down the bearing firmly with room for flex.
Where can you buy the arrowmax mugen parts from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.