Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
need some help deciding on nitro touring car. >

need some help deciding on nitro touring car.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need some help deciding on nitro touring car.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need some help deciding on nitro touring car.

rectently got back home from deployment, just recently got back into the hobby, all my previous r/c cars were electric from kyosho lambo to tc3, grasshopper, cox 4wd electric. recently bought a slash cause too cold for a nitro car, but wanting to go ahead and purchase a nitro to just go fast as possible but with good handling, been looking at the cen ctr 5.0 but couldnt find parts or reviews on it, is it pretty much a ct5? also thought of schumacher fusion 28. the 3rd option on mind also possibly just buy a very good kit and buy seperate motor and radio and be better? just asking for some ideas and previous owners of these vehicles mentioned or have any other brand that would recommend. 400 to 550 maybe lil more is around what i want to spend. as stated wantto just go fast as possible with good handling would be taking to airstrips at base, and others. thanks for taking the time to read this and for the advice.
appreciate the help.

Last edited by armyranger101st; 01-29-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by armyranger101st
to 550 maybe lil more is around what i want to spend. as stated wantto just go fast as possible with good handling would be taking to airstrips at base, and others. thanks for taking the time to read this and for the advice.
appreciate the help.
So basiclly you want a straight-a-head dragster. Top speed and handling do not go together. The closer you move to one, the farther you move from the other.

You can go the route of modding a NTC3 big block but good luck with handling. Or you can try to get a used MTX- 4 and mod it with .21 engine and then get the Knack Racing 235 conversion kit w/lola body for more speed with better handling but then that will cost you way more than 550 bucks.

The last reasonable choice would be to get a used Inferno GT and right, proper picco or LRP .28+ engine and mount that puppy and let 'er rip! The infernos are 1/8 scale and have a bigger stance and are more durable and controllable. You 'll be sure to have a blast with them.

There is little, to no support (on the net ) in terms of parts for the Cen or the Fusion, so I'd stay away from those two.

Last edited by Kyo83; 01-29-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar and added a Youtube link...
Old 01-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

not specifically for drag racing.. and when i meant by handling, i wasnt meaning porsche quality turning just something that is decent at the handling. just something that is really fast cause i have access to open area to run to drive a r/c nitro car.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Rookie

no one has any info on the ctr 5.0? i ended finding info on the schumacher fusion 28, but no luck except on the cen website, anyone has recommendations, reviews, or own any of these cars mentioned? trying to save time by just getting some answers before i leave again, also open to other suggestions of other brands or type of on road car. or i need find it on rc universe for this info?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One thing I know is touring/on-road really improved by set up knowledge. It makes a better/more patient driver.

I would recommend get kyosho v1rrr shimo
Old 01-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

To bash around get a tc3,hpi car or a 4tec. Now if you are going to race get a Serpent 733,Mugen Mtx 4r, Kyosho V-one rrr, Xray nt1, I run the Team Magic G4rs 09 you can get one at a great price at www.machinaria.com it's a great car check it out
Old 02-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Rookie

are the kyosho v1 rrr and the team magic car kits without motors?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transam79
are the kyosho v1 rrr and the team magic car kits without motors?
team magic makes a g4 rtr kit the v-one rrr, mtx-4, 733, nt-1,and the g4rs 09 will not come with a engine
Old 02-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

just grab u a hpi 1/10 rtr they now come with a .18 motor they will handle good for what u r lookin for and be supprizingly fast and easy to work on, you dont seem to be wanting to race competitivly so dont wast your money on an expensive kit that your local hobby shop will prob not stock alot of parts for just my 2 cents
Old 02-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Rookie

no reviews or info for the cen ctr 5.0 ? only found 1 video from cen racing on net..havent seen no reviews, seen article on it in r/c car action recently but nothin informative bout it. what engines recommended for the v1 rrr or magic?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

unless u want to order all your parts online i would say stay away fromm the TM i run a picco 3 tuned and its crazy fast for a good price any .12 motor race motor will work but mostly u get what u pay for check out the nitro engine zone at top of page for lots of info on diff motors ive never dealt with CEN products but u dont hear much about them so that kinda speaks for itself
Old 02-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

mugen,kyosho,xray,serpent r all belt drive cars so where ever u run them must be very very clean the smallest little rock and im talkin the size of this . can ruin a front or rear belt and at 12-14$ each u will find ur car sitting on the shelf alot the hpi and associated cars r shft drive and u can damn near take em off road without any real damage being done exept a dirty a** car. ive got a couple of friend with both cars they r easy to mantain and work on and for 300$ or so if its not fast enough just go drop some cash on a new motor and there u go you'll spend it on a kit car anyways so.Damn sorry about the rant but really if your not goin to race the no reason to drop 1200 plus setting up a kit car
Old 02-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

oh and stay away from traxxis!!! wouldnt want anyone to make that mistake
Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The fusion is not a bad car at all. Crazy fast with the three speed. I have raced their old R12 (similar to the Fusion) and it handled great. It was pretty easy to set up for unprepared parking lot racing. I kwow that the new Fusions would be great choice for speed and it comes from a race car backround so it also has the handling to go with it. That is not always easy to find in a RTR these days.

http://usa.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Sh...Fusion_28.html
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by armyranger101st
rectently got back home from deployment, just recently got back into the hobby, all my previous r/c cars were electric from kyosho lambo to tc3, grasshopper, cox 4wd electric. recently bought a slash cause too cold for a nitro car, but wanting to go ahead and purchase a nitro to just go fast as possible but with good handling, been looking at the cen ctr 5.0 but couldnt find parts or reviews on it, is it pretty much a ct5? also thought of schumacher fusion 28. the 3rd option on mind also possibly just buy a very good kit and buy seperate motor and radio and be better? just asking for some ideas and previous owners of these vehicles mentioned or have any other brand that would recommend. 400 to 550 maybe lil more is around what i want to spend. as stated wantto just go fast as possible with good handling would be taking to airstrips at base, and others. thanks for taking the time to read this and for the advice.
appreciate the help.
I am Cork Jacobs in Omaha NE. and I have a good used Mugen MTX3 the same that I race. Although this car is used it is good. also another one which is chassis only and all is new except the chassis plate. The guy bought all the parts from me to build a car then decided that he wanted something else. I gave him $200.00for it and since I am an old paratrooper from the 82nd back in 46to48. the first car I mentioned I wil sell to you for $225.00 - all FOB Omaha. Thanks,
Cork 402-556-8675 PS I won't steer you wrong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.