R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #16
Tech Rookie

So what is the verdict guys. Which brand is preferred? Rb, Jaco, Twister?...
Snoop Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Dawg View Post
So what is the verdict guys. Which brand is preferred? Rb, Jaco, Twister?...
XCEEDS are the better tire IMO.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I love the Xceed Lightweights ... you just have to stop hitting stuff I know the Matrix wheels are durable and the foam is good ... you might also want to try Enetti .. they offer a light weight wheel that is stronger then the Xceed from what I've seen and heard. People I know that run them like the foam as well.
SERPENT7twenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

I've run GRP's for the last few years and never had a problem with them. Consistent and teh rims are strong (and look great on the MTX4!).

I'd still run Kawahara if they weren't so expensive and hard to find...
Old 02-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #20
Tech Master

I think there is no such thing as ''the best tire''. It really depends on the chassis you are running.
When I get a new car I always start with testing 3-4 different tire brands to see which tire makes the car perform best with the standard setup.
For the 720 this were the Xceed tires by far. Really transformed the car compared to GRP or ATS.

When I got the NT1 the GRP tires were really good, the new compound and rim is even better. With the Xceed tires the NT1 was really slow in transitions, didn't feel connected to the car. The ATS tires made the car extremely nervous and made it hard to drive, and there was a huge difference between big and small tires.
I do hope GRP will be making some Lightweight rims because they are clearly better in performance wise.

I do want to try the Matrix tires, but these are really hard to acquire around here. And quite expensive compared to the GRP's.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Notice the signatures of everyone giving you direct advice :P

All of the foam is really about the same, it comes from the same place on different wheels. Just get what you can afford and practice more, you won't see a difference in any of the foams mentioned in this thread unless you are already winning all of your local races and in contention for A or B main at national level races.

Wheel choice is somewhat important, it's annoying to crack a wheel or chunk a tire from 63mm or larger but it can also have a feel to the car but it's just another option for setup that you can adjust around with something else.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Id say go with BSR there great tires. But i do think GRP has some of the best foam out. I will say ive tried alot of foams out and the bsr tiers a really nice.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #23
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
Id say go with BSR there great tires. But i do think GRP has some of the best foam out. I will say ive tried alot of foams out and the bsr tiers a really nice.
I agree!

They have a good tough rim that is difficult to damage and they do an excellent job of gluing. I have found that if the tires are not glued all the way to the edge of the rim there can be a issue with chunking. I have never had a BSR tire that was not glued all the way to the very edge of the rim.

Great tires.

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:36 AM   #24
Tech Rookie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
Notice the signatures of everyone giving you direct advice :P

All of the foam is really about the same, it comes from the same place on different wheels. Just get what you can afford and practice more, you won't see a difference in any of the foams mentioned in this thread unless you are already winning all of your local races and in contention for A or B main at national level races.

Wheel choice is somewhat important, it's annoying to crack a wheel or chunk a tire from 63mm or larger but it can also have a feel to the car but it's just another option for setup that you can adjust around with something else.

I agree with Brian. I don't really think it matters the foam as he said. It is a good idea to stick to your pocket limits in terms of $$. Also no matter what foam you go with all you have to do is adapt to how the car accelerates, corners and handles on the whole. Doesn't make sense going for expensive foam if you can't afford. Just my 2 cents worth...
Old 02-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #25
Tech Rookie

Default OFNA 1/10 Foam Devil Series

Has anyone had any experiences with the 1/10 Devil Series Foam tires from OFNA? If so please share.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Dawg View Post
Has anyone had any experiences with the 1/10 Devil Series Foam tires from OFNA? If so please share.
The GRP Devil foam tires were discontinued a couple of years ago I believe. Or at least I haven't seen anybody with fresh boxes in a long time but I haven't seen much from GRP in the offroad scene either and they killed off a good line of tires due to poor american distribution (the tire that Tebo won so many races with.. the Jolly from Treadz)

A friend of mine got 400 pairs or something once and just like I said earlier, they drive about the same as other foam to me but I didn't like the spoked wheel design as much as I like others (the older serpent style jaco/ats wheel is just a tank). If you can get them cheap and they smell reasonably rubbery then stock up. The first cut you put on the tire basically undoes any of the damage that the air has done even if they are a couple years old. The wheel on the other hand will be more brittle than if they were newer but they won't be like the lightweights from other brands by any means.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote