R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Why are some on-road nitro race event threads being moved?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/364416-why-some-road-nitro-race-event-threads-being-moved.html)

rmdhawaii 01-26-2010 09:55 AM

Why are some on-road nitro race event threads being moved??

How do you guys feel about the moderators moving on-road nitro race event threads out of this forum and into the Racing Forum?

I don't understand why the moderators are doing this, but I'm not happy about it. I like the fact that the threads are here, so I don't have to go watch the Racing Forum now too. And that forum seems to be filled with all types of races that I'm not even concerned about. Has anyone been complaining? Has it been a problem?

My vote is that they should stay here in this forum. :nod:

wingracer 01-26-2010 10:06 AM

I second the vote but the moderators only seem to like nats, winternats and worlds.

Kyo83 01-26-2010 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii (Post 6910568)
How do you guys feel about the moderators moving on-road nitro race event threads out of this forum and into the Racing Forum?

I don't understand why the moderators are doing this, but I'm not happy about it. I like the fact that the threads are here, so I don't have to go watch the Racing Forum now too. And that forum seems to be filled with all types of races that I'm not even concerned about. Has anyone been complaining? Has it been a problem?

My vote is that they should stay here in this forum. :nod:

When they first decided to to this, there was a big hoopla about it too. Since then it has died down. You're just a few months too late I don't know where the original topic is but if you dig deep enough I'm sure your find it. It should be about 4 to 5 months back....if memory serves me correctly.

rjr 01-27-2010 07:04 AM

Bottom line, the moderators don't appear to care what the users want. I've tried writing emails to the mods, specifically MarcosJ, and have basically been shut.
It has even been suggested that there could be a sub-forum for the races (much like the Engine sub-forum) - not just here but in other threads as well and that was flat rejected - not even considered.
It is their forum and they can do what they wish, it's just too bad they don't seem to care what people want and are unwilling to listen to suggestions.

rmdhawaii 01-27-2010 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by rjr (Post 6915357)
Bottom line, the moderators don't appear to care what the users want. I've tried writing emails to the mods, specifically MarcosJ, and have basically been shut.
It has even been suggested that there could be a sub-forum for the races (much like the Engine sub-forum) - not just here but in other threads as well and that was flat rejected - not even considered.
It is their forum and they can do what they wish, it's just too bad they don't seem to care what people want and are unwilling to listen to suggestions.

That's just so sad. :(

I don't think it is such an unreasonable request to leave the races in here. It's not like it's taking up anymore space. :sneaky:

rmdhawaii 01-27-2010 07:30 AM

Here is a perfect example. If you didn't visit the forum for a week and then went to the Racing Forum, this would probably be on the 3 or 4th page by now. And then, if you think about it, you would have had to know that this race was even being held.

Below is info from Novarossi Challenge #1 at Crystal Park Raceway. Jan 23-24., for those that missed it in that other forum.

Thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-race-1-a.html

Photos are here: http://www.dropshots.com/bmain

Congrats to the winners by the way! :smile:

A few selected posts:

Originally Posted by mike jones (Post 6882854)
List as of 1/20/2010

New List

1/8th expert

1.Paolo Morganti
2.Mike Swauger
3.Taurean Bennett
4.Chris Verano
5.Joaquin DeSoto
6.Steven Muller
7.Jimmy Cho
8.Brad Rasmussen
9.Tony Thompson
10.Frank Pena
11.Mike Strack
12.Michael Shing
13.Rick West
14.Michael Palazolla
15.Jason Mac
16.Christian Lopez
17.Brad T
18.Paul Wright
19.William P
20.Randy Sebastian
21.Jonathan Prather
22.Steven Jackson
23.Justin Sheely
24.Daniel Alvarado
25.Brian Thomas
26.Joel J
27.Norbert yap
28.Don Cezar
29.Sean Lue
30.Tony Clark
31.Glenn Williams
32.Robert R
33.Eugene Osburne
34.Ron Calangi
35.Harry Hannanochi
36.Ruben Serrano
37.Jerry Rapp
38.Boris Tsenov
39.Kevin Bell
40.Casey Stephen
41.Gary Elias
42.Thello Jurdon
43.Nelson Walker
44.Garen Hagobian
45.Donald Miyamoto
46.Charles Tucker
47.Robbie Collins
48.Tom Wong
49.Craig Kaplan
50.Jim Adkins

1/8th Sportsman

1.Mike Sherly
2.David Briske
3.Ryan Alfonso
4.Bryon Nakahara
5.Melvin Whiteside
6.Phil Neri
7.Linus Fabie
8.Dan Sneidmiller
9.Jerome Pineda
10.Jay P
11.Dindo Laroya
12.Bryan Tetrault
13.Shaw Takahashi
14.Joel Esquire
15.Ray Takahashi

1/10th sedan

1.Mike Swauger
2.Paolo Morganti
3.Scott Kimbrow
4.Joel Figure
5.Robbie Collins
6.Ivan Dickson
7.Peter Chu
8.Ike Gent
9.Kelvin Grant
10.Jorge Merin
11.Michael Shing
12.Rick West
13.Michael Palazolla
14.Kevin Woods
15.Shermin Sim
16.Christian Lopez
17.Rod Whitley
18.Brad T
19.Francis Mejia
20.Walter Cossico
21.Joel J
22.Marco Acosta
23.Michael Versoza
24.Glenn Williams
25.Scott Fisher
26.Earl Barnes
27.Roger Hsu
28.William P
29.Eugene Osburne
30.Rich Taylor
31.Jeff Blackburn
32.John Holmes
33.Max Smalls
34.Melvin Aulston
35.Chay Blount
36.Darin Ishitani
37.Diatta Collymore
38.Walter Diaz
39.James J

Originally Posted by Francis M. (Post 6902732)
Here is the results of the top of my head..

Sedan
1)Darin Ishitani/Mugen
2)Scott Kimbrough/Serpent
3)Marco Acosta/Mugen
4)Francis Mejia/Mugen
5)Diatta Collymore/X-Ray
Scott Fisher/Kyosho
Robbie Collins/Mugen
Mike Palazola/Kyosho
Walter Diaz/Kyosho
Mike Swauger/Mugen DNS
I'm not sure of the exact order after Diatta.....
Sedan Racing was close for the first 10 min with Darin and Scott finishing within seconds of each other. Marco and Me/Francis finishing 2 laps down....

1/8th
1)Mike Swauger/Mugen
2)Ron Calangi/Mugen
3)Jim Adkins/Serpent
I don't know the rest of the 1/8th order....
Mike Won the race from start to finish with Ron a few laps back of Mike. Adkins finished a few laps back from Ron.....

1/8th Sportsman
1)Ryan Alfonso/Mugen
2)Brian Nakahara/Motonica...

This race was brutal in the beginning... Brian was leading for the last 10 min. with Ryan taking the lead with about 30 or 20 seconds left....

Had a blast this weekend.. Thanks to the CP crew for getting the track is great racing condition..

Originally Posted by mike jones (Post 6904720)
First off I would like to say thank you for everyone that came out and supported the first Novarossi Challenge Race at Crystal Park Raceway this past weekend.

The weather held up for us for the weekend, and the competition was tight with both sedan and 1/8th scale sportsman mains first places being determined by just seconds.

I would also like to thank Novarossi Usa. and Serpent America for supporting and sponsoring the race.

For all those who traveled out to this race I hope you had a safe trip home and I will see you soon.

I will have the photos posted later today.

See you at the track
Brian Thomas

Originally Posted by Paolo M (Post 6910017)
Well, back to reality after a really good weekend. I will like to thanks Brian Thomas and the Crystal Park Club for organizing a great event. Also will like to thanks Sam Sim and the whole Kamikaze Team for the hospitality, we had a great time. Thanks to Michael Shing for the tables and shade.

Congrats to Swauger, Ishitani and Alfonso for their victories. Great racing guys!!

Congrats to Scott Kimbrow and Jim Adkins, first time out with their new rides and already in the podium.

See you next time..

rmdhawaii 01-27-2010 07:42 AM

Whoever took photos of this event did a great job! Make sure you checkout the photo album:

http://nitrokb.netne.net/images/novarace_172144.jpg

http://nitrokb.netne.net/images/novarace_173102.jpg

http://nitrokb.netne.net/images/novarace_172418.jpg