Congrats Paul!
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #167
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone that helped me out this past week, there are too many to list! But I do want to say a huge thank you to Rick Davis and Josh, with out their help, I would not have had as good of a result as I did. I still say that Mark sabotaged my car in the main by making be run over that air filter and making it get stuck in the wheel......... Even though I ended up a lap down, that had to be the most fun racing I have had in a very long time. My congrats to Mark!

I had wished more GT's would have come out though.
Thanks Scott, it was good to see that you had a lot better luck this weekend considering the events of the past week. Your car was awesome and truthfully it was better than mine especially after I lost my brakes half way in. Hopefully you can attend the last midwest series race at toledo in september and we can have another great race, and for everyone who wasn't watching our race missed an intense 15 minutes of nose to nose racing, simply the best.
mrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #168
Tech Apprentice

Congrats Paul!!!! it had to feel good! Great Job!!!! congrats to the other winners as well!!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #169
Tech Regular

...Congrats!!!!..Ralph...Paul...Skip...Well done!!! Nice work boys!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #170
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_22 View Post
I loved your track I will see yall at the 2011 glc.

Awesome track and program! I will be back next year also! Great racing with everyone!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #171
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to TQ Racing

Anyone know what type of tires are on this car?
http://www.sgrid.com/2010/glc/saturday/glc4/GLC4162.jpg
Old 08-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #172
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrod View Post
Thanks Scott, it was good to see that you had a lot better luck this weekend considering the events of the past week. Your car was awesome and truthfully it was better than mine especially after I lost my brakes half way in. Hopefully you can attend the last midwest series race at toledo in september and we can have another great race, and for everyone who wasn't watching our race missed an intense 15 minutes of nose to nose racing, simply the best.
Are you guys going to have another 1/8 GT race soon? I am moving back to Indianapolis, IN and would love to get in to some GT action with you guys. I think it is about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs drive so it is ok for me to drive up there on the weekend.
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #173
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ Racing View Post
I think SRC...

Serpent 733
Max RR3
and23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default wow what a race

i like to thank the Toledo 1/8th club for a awesome racing event well done and i would like to thank ( Gene and David Greer as well as Joe Roberto ) for all the help of makeing my first glc race great and thankyou Rick Davis and Terry Rott for the xtra insight on these cars . And congrats to all winners and to all that raced at this event
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #175
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ Racing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by and23 View Post
I think SRC...
It does look like the SRC carbon wheel.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #176
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
Are you guys going to have another 1/8 GT race soon? I am moving back to Indianapolis, IN and would love to get in to some GT action with you guys. I think it is about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs drive so it is ok for me to drive up there on the weekend.
The Toledo club has GT racing at every club race. Their schedule can be found at www.racersoftoledo.com

The last Midwest Series race of the year will also be in Toledo September 25-26. This will be a really good turnout for all classes! More info on the Midwest series can be found at www.midwestseries.com
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #177
Tech Master

TQ Racing - That's my car and those are SRC tires. They are also made by Enneti like our Shepherd tires. At the WC in Houston, the carbon rims were the rims of choice due to the high temps so I wanted to try them in Toledo as Fabio from SRC was nice enough to give me some tires to try at the WC. They ran well but you could feel how hard they were as the car really "slammed" through the bumps on the Toledo track and didn't have as much steering as my Shepherd tires on the light rims. I used them in the 4th and 5th qualifier but went back to Shepherd's for the main. Both my TQ and Ralph's 1/8 TQ were on Shepherd tires.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #178
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Who sells Shepherd tires and SRC bodies ?
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #179
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I want to say thanks to everyone involved with running this event! It was a class act and definitely one that our team is adding to the must attend list for next year.

The announcing was great, you could really get a sense of the tension even in the qualifiers. There were times that the pits completely cleared out and all the racers were up against the fence taking in the race.

Brian and crew in timing and scoring were forces of nature ... I tell you what we use Jlaps as well and I've never ... ever ... ever ... done a huge number of entries w/ as few hiccups in the software as they've had. It's a testament to their preparation and attention to detail.

The facilities were well maintained and they have accessible port-a-johns on site, as well as FM transmission of the announcing for those in their cars or far reaches of the parking lot. The track itself was in great shape, it was a challenging layout but allowed you to stay on the throttle through the sweeper around into the 180, the crosstown as a good gauge of how well your car was setup, and the back straight was a good gauge of how much you wanted to stretch your connecting rod hahaha.

Mike Myers was on site, and let me tell you he is a machine!! He took some phenomenal shots at the track, he walked around and got a shot of everyone and their cars ... on the first day!! You should have seen him getting those shots!

Thanks to the Cyrul's for the food, parts, and setup help. My sons say "they are almost as good as your burgers dad!"

Guys, definitely sign Skyrocket Racing up as an event sponsor for 2011.

From the entire Skyrocket team, thanks again and see you next year, if we don't see you sooner!!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #180
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne View Post
Who sells Shepherd tires and SRC bodies ?
We sell Sheperd tires, we don't have them listed yet but pm me and let me know what you need.

We'll have them listed on the site in a day or two.

Last edited by YmeBP; 08-30-2010 at 08:24 PM.
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote