Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Pretty much completed my car for the 2011 season, still need to do some clean wiring but haven't received the shrink wrap I need.

The car turned out pretty light for this year.
This is with all Ti screws, one low profile servo, Magnesium bulkheads and lightweight 2-speed axle. The rest is as standard. I could make it even lighter by using a low profile servo on steering as well and removing the exhaust gas cooler. Plus the Capricorn exhaust is one of the heavier ones.
Are you allowed a car that light in Holland? Our minimum weight is 1725 gr., and I thought that this was consistent with IFMAR.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Are you allowed a car that light in Holland? Our minimum weight is 1725 gr., and I thought that this was consistent with IFMAR.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
We're running under efra ruling so it's needs to be 1700 grams.
So I still have some weight to add, the heavy motormount helps but I would still need to add some Tungsten weights.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I received my lab just over a week ago and am very satisfied with the quality of parts and the build itself. The only thing I don't like about this car is the way the receiver is mounted. personally I would prefer a case around it, to have a little bit more protection from side impacts. Does anyone know it is possible to mount an NT1 or a 733 receiver box in the lab?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ma_RC_el
I received my lab just over a week ago and am very satisfied with the quality of parts and the build itself. The only thing I don't like about this car is the way the receiver is mounted. personally I would prefer a case around it, to have a little bit more protection from side impacts. Does anyone know it is possible to mount an NT1 or a 733 receiver box in the lab?
Some of my mates have fitted a NT1 receiver box to their Capricorn. The receiver box needs only a slight modification to fit apparently. It shouldn't be hard to figure out how; but I could find out if anyone wants to know the details. Personally; I'm happy to have it exposed, it's easier to check that the plugs are right that way.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:49 PM
TMF
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ma_RC_el
Look this pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1169231...NnsxN6OhvjCBg#
Old 03-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Completely finished the wiring today.
Decided to get rid off the regulator since I know have a Lipo ready steering servo and receiver (Koprope RSX and Sanwa 451R) and I'm guessing the Futaba throttle servo will be able to cope with the additional voltage.
Might put the PT in a different place since I don't like it sitting on top of the radiotray.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi DS,

What is the covering that you use on all your wiring ????

thanks,
Old 03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Hi DS,

What is the covering that you use on all your wiring ????

thanks,
heat shrink maybe.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yappy
heat shrink maybe.
yeah thats what i thought but heat shrink isnt as flexable as what ds is using or as shinny...
Old 03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

yeah thats what i thought but heat shrink isnt as flexable as what ds is using or as shinny...
Those are a specially designed heat shrink which is lightweight flexible and shiny...

DS, lemme know where to get some cuz that steering servo wire looks pretty awful in my car!!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Those are a specially designed heat shrink which is lightweight flexible and shiny...

DS, lemme know where to get some cuz that steering servo wire looks pretty awful in my car!!
It's a fairly exotic neoprene based mil spec heatshrink. This is the stuff we use in 1:1 motorsports.
I don't know the brand of the one I used but after some googling I found this one:

http://www.buyheatshrink.com/heatshr...eat-shrink.htm

For smaller amounts you might want to contact them.
For normal servo wires you will need the 3/16 size, I also use different wiring so I can get away with using 1/8 size.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody can kindly advise what thickness/diameter of the front sway bar is equivalent to the original blade type at 0 degree?

And is there any difference in performance between the WC edition red 2 speed shoes and the original black colour ones?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

The final version of the Website is under development. For the time being you can access the website with the contact info. We will be more than happy to answer your requests.

[email protected]

http://www.capricornrc.us/

Last edited by Desoto Racing; 03-03-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nipple
Anybody can kindly advise what thickness/diameter of the front sway bar is equivalent to the original blade type at 0 degree?

And is there any difference in performance between the WC edition red 2 speed shoes and the original black colour ones?

Many thanks in advance.
The 2.2mm wire gives a pretty equal feeling compared to the 0 degree blade.

The recently released black 2 speed shoes are made of a different material and should provide more consistent shifting.
The kit I have already came with the red WC shoes.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The 2.2mm wire gives a pretty equal feeling compared to the 0 degree blade.

The recently released black 2 speed shoes are made of a different material and should provide more consistent shifting.
The kit I have already came with the red WC shoes.
Thanks for the information.

So the black 2 speed shoes that comes with my kit are actually the newer ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.