Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rawz
DS, what about the serpent DLS? Its supposed to plant the rear, have you considered adapting it?

And Sam, from Kamikaze, I am that brazilian guy than went to your store this week. Do you have the Serpent DLS stocked? I am thinking about droping by again, I forgot to get a Kamikaze shirt! (just that I am in Palm Spring, long drive...)
Yes, I have the DLS in stock!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rawz
DS, what about the serpent DLS? Its supposed to plant the rear, have you considered adapting it?
I'm not convinced the system adds anything to the car, besides a lot of unneeded weight.

It slows down the cars initial reaction quite a lot, something I don't like.
Plus I haven't seen anyone going faster with it, it just creates terrible understeer so they have to perform all sorts of tricks to get some steering back into the car.
I just don't see any gains, and the system hasn't proved itself yet.

The only time I saw an advantage from the DLS was during a slightly damp race, one guy was using the system and his car had more rear traction as most.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Did not think about the wieght... Good thinking.
Thankx DS.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's Back! It's available again!

http://kamikazercracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=LABC01

Old 11-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I'm not convinced the system adds anything to the car, besides a lot of unneeded weight.

It slows down the cars initial reaction quite a lot, something I don't like.
Plus I haven't seen anyone going faster with it, it just creates terrible understeer so they have to perform all sorts of tricks to get some steering back into the car.
I just don't see any gains, and the system hasn't proved itself yet.

The only time I saw an advantage from the DLS was during a slightly damp race, one guy was using the system and his car had more rear traction as most.
i agree and disagree with your post. firstly i agree about the weight, i will be looking to reduce it possibly by titanium links, and maybe derlin ball cups.

Secondly, i have run the DLS once, and once was enough to tell me the system works. the stability increased alot, and setup , i didnt need to drastically change the car much at all. Faster ? hell yeah it is. i bettered the lap record by 3 tenths, and overall 5 min time by 7 seconds, adding one extra lap that has never been done before. so i agree to disagree DS.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
hey, do you have the diff gears in stock for that? Also what was that oven cleaner we used on the pipes that worked so damn good?
Old 11-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Good stuff, now US drivers have the possibility to experience this wonderfull car.

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i agree and disagree with your post. firstly i agree about the weight, i will be looking to reduce it possibly by titanium links, and maybe derlin ball cups.

Secondly, i have run the DLS once, and once was enough to tell me the system works. the stability increased alot, and setup , i didnt need to drastically change the car much at all. Faster ? hell yeah it is. i bettered the lap record by 3 tenths, and overall 5 min time by 7 seconds, adding one extra lap that has never been done before. so i agree to disagree DS.
I always think it's hard to take anything from these kind of claims, as I don't know the level of competition in someone else's area.
Bettering the lap record by 3 tenths at my hometrack would be front page news since the record is currently held by Jilles Groskamp.
I based my opinion about the system on talking to drivers who used it and my own engineering knowledge.
But if it made your car faster this is a good thing off course, but was your car oversteering before you fitted the DLS, and was the DLS the only change you made?.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Good stuff, now US drivers have the possibility to experience this wonderfull car.

I always think it's hard to take anything from these kind of claims, as I don't know the level of competition in someone else's area.
Bettering the lap record by 3 tenths at my hometrack would be front page news since the record is currently held by Jilles Groskamp.
I based my opinion about the system on talking to drivers who used it and my own engineering knowledge.
But if it made your car faster this is a good thing off course, but was your car oversteering before you fitted the DLS, and was the DLS the only change you made?.
Before saying it doesn't work.... Have you actually tried it??? Have you run a car with/without it??? Or are you basing your opinion on what everyone else says...
Old 11-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Capricorn Grease

Guys,

Can someone please advise what the 3 Capricorn greases are for;

Copper Paste
Blue Grease
Moly Grease

Just want to make sure I use the right one for the drive shafts/CVD's etc

Regards

Kyle
Old 11-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Before saying it doesn't work.... Have you actually tried it??? Have you run a car with/without it??? Or are you basing your opinion on what everyone else says...
First of all, I never said it doesn't work.
Only I haven't seen anyone posting faster laps with a car fitted with the system.
Actually I've seen team drivers taking the system off, because the car became slower and felt sluggish with the system.
So obviously the system works, but I'm not convinced if it is working in a good way.
You don't have to try everything before you're able to form an opinion about it.
Without ever trying an STS engine I can firmly say my Lab engine is faster for example.
As an data/setup engineer in professional motorsport I think I know enough about car geometry/handling to form an opinion about the DLS without running it myself as I'm also able to setup Formula 3 cars to perfection without ever driven one myself(sadly enough)
Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell
Guys,

Copper Paste
Blue Grease
Moly Grease

Regards

Kyle
Key Kyle ive been using the copper paste on my driveshafts
Old 11-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell
Guys,

Copper Paste
Blue Grease
Moly Grease

Regards

Kyle
Moly would be for clutch thrust bearing and drive shaft parts.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I believe the diff parts will be in next week if I'm not mistaken
Old 11-11-2010, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Firstly i dont claim it made me faster, it is a Fact. then you proceed to belittle myself, and the people i race against, as not a worthy choice for judgment for my so called Claim. and yes my car was oversteering before, it still is, but way more managable now, it was pretty much the only thing i changed, apart from some other settings to get the car to perform with the DLS on.

First of all, I never said it doesn't work.
Only I haven't seen anyone posting faster laps with a car fitted with the system.
Actually I've seen team drivers taking the system off, because the car became slower and felt sluggish with the system.
So obviously the system works, but I'm not convinced if it is working in a good way.
You don't have to try everything before you're able to form an opinion about it.
Without ever trying an STS engine I can firmly say my Lab engine is faster for example.
As an data/setup engineer in professional motorsport I think I know enough about car geometry/handling to form an opinion about the DLS without running it myself as I'm also able to setup Formula 3 cars to perfection without ever driven one myself(sadly enough)
well this is why i posted in the first place, to let you know there are people out there that the DLS is working for. the Lab and STS engine comparison is a bad choice to make a comparison on, any first year driver could make that judgment. So now to your knowledge in geometry and handling, presumption is a bad thing in motor sport, and can often lead to bad choices, but hey id like to be as good as you one day (yes my turn to belittle) as i must know nothing in comparison. best of luck with your future endeavors
Old 11-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.