Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djiewie
Looks good Daan, this will sure help at Rucphen.

A idea for next year; shift the lipo to the side (serpent way) and redesign the fueltank flat on the chassis. it will have a Cap tank then wich is also nice.

or put the lipo in front and the tank wider also flat on the chassis.

Great improvements on a already improved car.
I'm not really a fan of the lipo on the outside, it will move weight out of the center which is a bad thing.
Since you're not able to completely lower the tank on to chassis level because it needs a lower fuel pickup point you will end up with an empty space which you can either place weight or a battery.
Designing my own tank is out of the question unfortunately because of costs. First thing in line is a new chassis.

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Very impressive work Daan!

Could I pre-order 2 sets of Carbon fibre wheel discs (for 2 cars) to beat the rush when you put them on the market? Lay down servos is a good way to lower CG; and it has been tried used by some manufacturers in some models, but we won't try this option just yet.

How much do the disks weigh? And do you epoxy a threaded plastic tube to the uprights to fix them to the car?

Keep the good work going!

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Thank you Lars.

No problem, I hope to start on the production parts end of this week or early next week.

One disk plus mounting hardware weighs 3 grams.
Yes, I used superglue to glue the threaded tubes to the uprights.

Originally Posted by speed6
Shock oil help

If i use 50wt in 2 hole what do you guys recommend in the following

4 hole and 6 hole

Thanks
4 holes 1000-1200cst depending on springs and track
6 holes 1500-2000cst depending on springs and track

Originally Posted by British Menace
On the subject of Silicone oil ..... are the Capricorn diff oils supplied in CPS or in WT?

BM
Capricorn oil is rated in cps as far as I know. So when a bottle says 55 it's 500cst oil.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

This weekend I tested the new DS Motorsport parts and tests were very successful.
I ended up winning the race and setting a new track record.

The wheel discs and front bumper gave the car more grip in the high speed corners so I could turn in faster and hit the throttle earlier.
The new radio tray made the car change direction quicker and I think it had a tiny amount more steering entering the corner.
All parts were tested independently and back to back to give a true indication.

Here you can find the setup I used:

http://dsmotorsport.nl/http://dsmoto...H_BC3_2012.pdf

Last edited by DS Motorsport; 05-14-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Congratulations Daan .... An excellent achievement

Any word on my car yet?

BM
Old 05-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Any word on my car yet?
Lets not got there.....
Old 05-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Michael_T
Lets not got there.....
???? .....
I'm sorry but, do I know you?

DS Motorsport
Its good to see your developing the car like this.

If you could PM me I would greatly appreciate it .... thanks Daan

BM
Old 05-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

???? .....
I'm sorry but, do I know you?

DS Motorsport
Its good to see your developing the car like this.

If you could PM me I would greatly appreciate it .... thanks Daan

BM
Send you an email, car is on the way.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Congratulations Daan!
Well done and the new parts look good.
By the time I will receive My car I will try some special carbon products and maybe I will design some new carbon fibre parts.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

A idea for next year; shift the lipo to the side (serpent way) and redesign the fueltank flat on the chassis. it will have a Cap tank then wich is also nice.

or put the lipo in front and the tank wider also flat on the chassis.
i meant like this. Is it worth a try you think? Say next winter project for me?
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn LAB-C01-2012-05-15-21.14.56-2-.jpg   Capricorn LAB-C01-2012-05-15-21.15.14-2-.jpg  

Last edited by djiewie; 05-15-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

i meant like this. Is it worth a try you think? Say next winter project for me?
Nice overflow for the fuel tank, is that a mod? Really wish to do soming like that to the CAP Tank as on race days since pitting is a bit aggressive fuel makes a big mess
Old 05-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default lab c01

Lab c01 for sale w/ almost another car kit in parts , plus bags of parts. Spare clutches,one ways, diff oils. Pm if interested. Will give the run down on additional parts. At least $500 in parts.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Ok, hereby some pics of the first prototype parts I've designed for the C02.

-New radio tray design which has a lower and more centralized CoG compared to the original tray.
-Carbon fiber wheel discs which prevent turbulent air to enter the rims which causes lift.
-New front bumper/ body post for more downforce.

The radio tray is a very slim design which has been designed to be fully symmetrical in terms of flex. On throttle the design uses a low profile servo which gives the car a lower and more centralized CoG. For steering you can use both type of servo.
The entire weight of the radio tray is also lowered compared to the stock tray.
Also the entire electronic unit can be removed by just taking out 3 screws, you don't even have to remove the radio tray itself to remove the electronics.
As an extra tuning option you can move the electronics unit forward or backward to change the car's static weight balance. This is a great tuning option to set the car up for either high speed or low speed tracks.

The production version comes with a revised receiver mount which places the receiver 5mm higher. With the current design the receiver could hit the ground when you cut the corners too much.

The carbon fiber wheel discs are almost fully closed and have a very small gap to the inside of the rim. This causes a high pressure area to develop on the outside of the rim and a low pressure area on the inside. This causes an increase in grip which is especially noticeable on high speed corners.

The front body post mounting plate is designed to work together with the Mugen MTX-5 front bumper/splitter. This design gives an increase in front downforce compared to the original front bumper design. The entire assembly also takes away quite some weight in front of the front axle which will help the car to change direction quicker.

I'm also working on a new chassis design which will give the car more front end grip and fully symmetrical flex.

I'm planning on having an official press release posted on redrc at the end of next week.
Pre Order

Carbon Fibre Wheel Disc
Front bumber post mod
Old 05-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speed6
Nice overflow for the fuel tank, is that a mod? Really wish to do soming like that to the CAP Tank as on race days since pitting is a bit aggressive fuel makes a big mess
yes, it was made by me for the same reason. Just a piece of lexan and using the heatgun. The tank has an fuel outlet though on wich i put a piece of tubing to lead the excess fuel beneath the car.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Nice work sir...... and very practical too!
BM

yes, it was made by me for the same reason. Just a piece of lexan and using the heatgun. The tank has an fuel outlet though on wich i put a piece of tubing to lead the excess fuel beneath the car.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Does the car feel ok with full size servos or do I need to drop 300 to get ko propo rsx one10 servos? For a club racer...or how about ko 2413's?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IMO you would really only go to the low profile servos to save weight. Since the Cap is obviously a very light car out of the box there really isnt any disadvantage to going to full size servos.

Again just my opinion.

Simon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.