R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #1351
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
So you suggest moving in the inner hole on the wheel hubs knuckle and from the inside link to move to the outer side?
If you at the longest position at both ends than this is most likely why you are having the issues you are having. The link at it longest really makes the car very stable and kind of lazy, at least for me. And I like a car that pushes a little bit. I would leave the inner one there and bring the one on the hub to the inside. Start with that first and see how you like it. If it is not enough, than go more in steps. I think putting it at its shortest is too much.

DJ Apolaro
Old 01-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #1352
Tech Elite

Quote:
I beleive this was an issue as well since tyres where really low. Will check it out.

I am running sway bar flat blades upfront, now will try the new system with .9
In the CO1 I always used the 2.2 wire bar. I like the steering the bar gave compared to the blades.

I am going to try the .9 and 1.0 the next time I use the sedan to test it. I have been running the blades on the C02 since I was waiting on the new front sway bar system.

DJ Apolaro
Old 01-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #1353
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tironi's car at the pre-worlds:

Old 01-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #1354
Tech Adept

Seems like the Red anodized chassis is the main news!! hahah :-P
Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #1355
Tech Elite

Where can we find Pre-World information for results, pic. etc.

DJ
Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #1356
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post

DJ
www.rcblood.com

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #1357
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Tironi's car at the pre-worlds:

Apart from the red chassis that is only for eyes and no more... it looks like the rear bulkhear has been drilled with small holes all around the bearing that holds the main shaft. Maybe to have a better dissipation... :-S
Old 01-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #1358
TMF
Tech Initiate

Quote:

DJ
http://www.nitrowc2012.com/
TMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #1359
Tech Addict

Quote:
If you at the longest position at both ends than this is most likely why you are having the issues you are having. The link at it longest really makes the car very stable and kind of lazy, at least for me. And I like a car that pushes a little bit. I would leave the inner one there and bring the one on the hub to the inside. Start with that first and see how you like it. If it is not enough, than go more in steps. I think putting it at its shortest is too much.

DJ Apolaro
So checked the tyres size and have the following results, kindly keep in mind that we turn clockwise so we have much more turns to the right

Front Left
inner 55.2 outer 56

Front Right
inner 56.50 outer 57

Rear Left
inner 54.7 outer 54.9

Rear Right
inner 57.88 outer 59.2

My rear left seems that really suffered, DJ i also found out that since i didn have 2 sets of the same eccentrics i ended up using the middle upper hole in the rear so should i still shorten the link from the hubs and leave the center eccentrics or should i go for stock as they just arrived

Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #1360
Tech Master

Some more news:

Old 01-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #1361
Tech Master

Francesco with his car:

First and third on the time sheets.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #1362
Tech Elite

Quote:
So checked the tyres size and have the following results, kindly keep in mind that we turn clockwise so we have much more turns to the right

Front Left
inner 55.2 outer 56

Front Right
inner 56.50 outer 57

Rear Left
inner 54.7 outer 54.9

Rear Right
inner 57.88 outer 59.2

My rear left seems that really suffered, DJ i also found out that since i didn have 2 sets of the same eccentrics i ended up using the middle upper hole in the rear so should i still shorten the link from the hubs and leave the center eccentrics or should i go for stock as they just arrived

Thanks
Looks like the rear left also has little camber as well. The left rear taking a beating is normal. I usually run a harder tire on the rear left for longer mains. I forgot, are we talking about a CO1 or CO2? Run the same position on the inner and run the shorter position on the hub. See how this works for you.

On another note, how about the Jilles change. I must say the track for the pre-worlds looks pretty easy and motors will play a larger roll. Carrying corner speed will be big. I think this track might also be somewhat local for Jilles. I think he is living over there now, so he will be strong for the Worlds. This is the year for RED I think. It will between Mugen or Capricorn this year for sure. Seems to be a lot of Mugen support there. Based on what little pictures there are. Shame there is not real coverage for the event.

DJ
Old 01-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #1363
Tech Master

Quote:
On another note, how about the Jilles change. I must say the track for the pre-worlds looks pretty easy and motors will play a larger roll. Carrying corner speed will be big. I think this track might also be somewhat local for Jilles. I think he is living over there now, so he will be strong for the Worlds. This is the year for RED I think. It will between Mugen or Capricorn this year for sure. Seems to be a lot of Mugen support there. Based on what little pictures there are. Shame there is not real coverage for the event.

DJ
Jilles has a room at the track, practices there pretty much everyday.
Regarding the motors, I hope he gets some proper engines this time, at the euros this was the big thing holding him back.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #1364
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
This is the year for RED I think. It will between Mugen or Capricorn this year for sure. Seems to be a lot of Mugen support there. Based on what little pictures there are. Shame there is not real coverage for the event.

DJ
I couldn't agree more. Capricorn have been very active with some impressive Euro signings and will be a serious factor come November.

Surprised Hara isn't in attendance as this is his local track as well and he has been seen doing some testing with the MTX-5 at this track.
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #1365
Tech Addict

Quote:
Looks like the rear left also has little camber as well. The left rear taking a beating is normal. I usually run a harder tire on the rear left for longer mains. I forgot, are we talking about a CO1 or CO2? Run the same position on the inner and run the shorter position on the hub. See how this works for you.

DJ
It's a C02 thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote