R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #976
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
Your talking about two of my mates of Middle Eastern Appearance who get together one night and "Shazam" - MacGiver is reborn again.
One reason which may explain this is the fact that these two Gentlemen have changed more car brands between them than I have undies in the last 12 months. Oh Johnny woohnt ya come back hohoome- Xgay misses you.
kickarse, Johnski left xray and it ended up winning the tourer state titles in NSW. Looks like they shaked the monkey off their backs and won a NSW title Joke John, all good, the cap looks like a beast
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #977
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 34
Default a new idea..

hi

to make a good down stop with the front blade BAR
just a littre grinding dremel on the chassis and the front bumper

And the possiblity to run the car with the two options....blades or wire



G
georges972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #978
Tech Apprentice
 
blackyblackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 66
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default



This solution above is not safe??
I use it since 1,5 years in nearly 25 races across Germany, France, Luxembourg and Italy; plus many practice sessions...!
This "solution" has nearly 19 litres through and alive some rollover, crashes and hard bumps!
No problem!

But today i make an update:






Regards,

Michael

---------------------------------------


WWW.BLACKRACING.DE CAPRICORNRC.DE
CAPRICORN LAB-C01 - XRAY NT1 2010 - XRAY T3 '10
blackyblackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #979
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 46
Default

Now it is perfectly safe
1nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #980
Tech Regular
 
rowveg36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 346
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

where do you guys buy parts for this car? thanks for the info
rowveg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #981
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,844
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Kamikazercracing.com
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #982
Tech Regular
 
TOM NAVY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LURKING IN DA SHADOWS
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ,

Was lucky enough to get my hands on one of these bad boys on the weekend cant wait to start building it
__________________
|RUTHLESS RACING | I.F.R.C!!
|CAPRICORN LAB CO2 | "NO MORE BULLSHIT!!!"
"GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS STUPIDITY HAS NO LIMIT"E.E
"MONEY TELLS NO LIES" SPONSOR WANTED
TOM NAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #983
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brasil
Posts: 3
Default

Hi,

thanks,

Team Kamikaze, DS Motorsport blackyblackman, georges972 ...

Regards,
Potenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #984
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brasil
Posts: 3
Default

Ok,

the ideal would be to use the Front Anti Roll Bar 2.5mm (CAP-17056), for example?

After all they are two different settings, anti roll and downstop.


Rds,


Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
You can see it mounted to the car on the picture below:

As kamikaze mentioned you have to cut off the existing downstop tab on the lower wishbones.
Potenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 AM   #985
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

I hear a lot of good things about this car. The two criticisms I heard is it's durability and the need to use other car parts to make it work right. I like to see things first hand before coming to my opinion. But I did see xray parts in those photos... I heard you needed to use xray springs depending on track and xray two speed springs. Why buy a car that you need to buy another cars parts to make it work??? I'm not hating on this car. I am thinking about getting back into racing, but I also don't want the headache of searching for other brands parts to make this car work. I was leaning towards purchasing this car. But if what I heard is correct, I guess it makes more sense to o with an xray if the xray works out of the box.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #986
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Hey Joe,

Whats up...


The Capricorn does not need any parts from others cars. it is more about personal preference. For that matter people running Xrays use transmission parts from the Capricorn, if they personally want to. It is not done out of need, but sometime people doe things since they are cheaper or easier to get for some reason. Capricorn now has additional choices for the springs. when it first came out there was only 1 set, now there are 2. The car stock with a simple set-up will work great out of the box. Trust me on that. Nothing against the Xray or other cars, just do not want to think the Capricorn is a second choice to any other car. The Capricorn has it all and performs great.

Good luck on your choice,

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #987
Tech Regular
 
dougday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Hey Joe,

Whats up...


The Capricorn does not need any parts from others cars. it is more about personal preference. For that matter people running Xrays use transmission parts from the Capricorn, if they personally want to. It is not done out of need, but sometime people doe things since they are cheaper or easier to get for some reason. Capricorn now has additional choices for the springs. when it first came out there was only 1 set, now there are 2. The car stock with a simple set-up will work great out of the box. Trust me on that. Nothing against the Xray or other cars, just do not want to think the Capricorn is a second choice to any other car. The Capricorn has it all and performs great.

Good luck on your choice,

DJ Apolaro
Ditto.

The car is great out of the box. There is no need to use parts from other cars on this beast.
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #988
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potenci View Post
Ok,

the ideal would be to use the Front Anti Roll Bar 2.5mm (CAP-17056), for example?

After all they are two different settings, anti roll and downstop.


Rds,
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question, could you try explaining it a bit more?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow View Post
I hear a lot of good things about this car. The two criticisms I heard is it's durability and the need to use other car parts to make it work right. I like to see things first hand before coming to my opinion. But I did see xray parts in those photos... I heard you needed to use xray springs depending on track and xray two speed springs. Why buy a car that you need to buy another cars parts to make it work??? I'm not hating on this car. I am thinking about getting back into racing, but I also don't want the headache of searching for other brands parts to make this car work. I was leaning towards purchasing this car. But if what I heard is correct, I guess it makes more sense to o with an xray if the xray works out of the box.
The only thing which is less durable compared to the Xray are the two speed gears and pinions.
Because these are so small (15T vs 17T) they wear out a bit quicker, same thing for the spurgears (52 vs 60)
Maybe a very good hardcoating could keep the pinions in shape for a longer period, but advanced coatings come with a pricetag.

The gearbox is very good, I actually have people who are running the Xray ordering Capricorn 2speed springs at my shop because they give a more consistent shift, the Capricorn springs are even harder then the Xray hard springs.
Because the small size of all the gearbox parts the shift is almost instant, no hearable gap.

The shocksprings supplied in the kit (black springs) just work, I've tried different springs various times but the stock ones always come out best.
On every track I've been to thus far I ran the same shock/spring combination.
Only when you drive on a very bumpy parking lot track you will need softer springs.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #989
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Hey Joe,

Whats up...


The Capricorn does not need any parts from others cars. it is more about personal preference. For that matter people running Xrays use transmission parts from the Capricorn, if they personally want to. It is not done out of need, but sometime people doe things since they are cheaper or easier to get for some reason. Capricorn now has additional choices for the springs. when it first came out there was only 1 set, now there are 2. The car stock with a simple set-up will work great out of the box. Trust me on that. Nothing against the Xray or other cars, just do not want to think the Capricorn is a second choice to any other car. The Capricorn has it all and performs great.

Good luck on your choice,

DJ Apolaro
Hey DJ,

I been well. Thanks for asking. Just working hard, about to start my own CPA practice and keeping my third eye on R/C racing lol. You came along way since Royal Palm. Congrats.

Danny and I are still good friends--- we talk about once a week. Abraham thinks and I as well that I need to pick a car and no more changing. I appreciate your constructive feedback.

I'm probably going to pick up this car, just for the kicks. But if my clutch is slipping, I'm warning you now I'm going to steal yours lol. Just playing.

How have you been? By the way, you need to sue forgass for that photo :-)

Joe Chaplow
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #990
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougday View Post
Ditto.

The car is great out of the box. There is no need to use parts from other cars on this beast.
Hey Doug,

We chatted at many of races.... Don't know for sure you remember me. Thanks for the feedback. Hope to see you around soon.

Joe Chaplow
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All my reviews. romuald31 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 35 12-02-2013 08:01 AM
New Capricorn Touring Car romuald31 Nitro On-Road 90 01-25-2010 12:58 AM
V-ONE RRR WC vs. MTX-4 rmdhawaii Nitro On-Road 39 01-17-2010 01:25 PM


Tags
corn


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net