Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Capricorn LAB-C01 >

Capricorn LAB-C01

Capricorn LAB-C01

Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Congratulations to Capricorn drivers Stephen and Peter Jovanovic; 1st & 2nd in the Victorian IC Titles.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Congrastulations !
Old 01-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Soft option

Hey Guy's,

Just wondering what arms and hubs the majority of people are using the standard ones in the kit or the soft optional ones ????

Cheers,
Michael
Old 01-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Standards are stronger!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike 78
Hey Guy's,

Just wondering what arms and hubs the majority of people are using the standard ones in the kit or the soft optional ones ????

Cheers,
Michael
I would advice running the hard plastics as much as possible as these are partly responsible for giving the car it's great and razor sharp handling.

The soft plastics will give the car a bit more a vague feeling, more like the NT1.
So I would only run them when the track is really bumpy or really low traction like an untreated parking lot.
Personally I rather keep the hard suspension pieces and make the car work by tuning in the spring/damper settings since this will give you a faster overall car. However using the soft plastic suspension pieces is the quickest option if the car isn't handling properly.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

I would also say this depends on how much you hit. The softer plastic gives a little more and takes hits better. I think the US kits come with the soft stuff and the rest of the World comes with the hard. I think!!

You know, we have big boards over here.

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
Old 01-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I would also say this depends on how much you hit. The softer plastic gives a little more and takes hits better. I think the US kits come with the soft stuff and the rest of the World comes with the hard. I think!!

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
Yes, haven't thought about that part since I haven't broken a single piece of plastic in the last three years.

Would it be an option to keep the hard wishbones and just run the soft uprights and steering knuckles on a US track?.
Most of the time the knuckle or upright takes the hit.
With this combination you have the best of both worlds I think, might be interesting to test.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I would advice running the hard plastics as much as possible as these are partly responsible for giving the car it's great and razor sharp handling.

The soft plastics will give the car a bit more a vague feeling, more like the NT1.
So I would only run them when the track is really bumpy or really low traction like an untreated parking lot.
Personally I rather keep the hard suspension pieces and make the car work by tuning in the spring/damper settings since this will give you a faster overall car. However using the soft plastic suspension pieces is the quickest option if the car isn't handling properly.
I thought the same DS i run on a smooth fast track with good grip and i ran the for the first time the other week with the standard setup and it worked nice, but i do also race at a tight little carpark track with no grip.

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
DJ i must say i havn't hit anything and broke anything in the way of arms etc for the last 12months must be a fluke, so that is why i was going to try the soft arms etc to see the difference.

Have you tried the hard arms and hubs at all ?

thanks for the replies
Old 01-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

I am using the hard hubs and knuckles with the soft arms. I have been running this as that is how the car came. I am going to put on all the hard plastics just to see the next time I run. I rather be faster and break if I hit, but thats just me.

I just have not had time for anything. That is the main reason for running the car stock. That and it has been working good so I have not felt the need to change much.

DJ
Old 01-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

I am using the hard hubs and knuckles with the soft arms. I have been running this as that is how the car came. I am going to put on all the hard plastics just to see the next time I run. I rather be faster and break if I hit, but thats just me.

I just have not had time for anything. That is the main reason for running the car stock. That and it has been working good so I have not felt the need to change much.

DJ
Thanks DJ i will give it a go when i need to change the arms.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Parking Lot Setup

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have a setup for a low traction bumpy Parking Lot Track? Im not having any luck with the setups I have found.

Also does anyone else get Goat sounds when your car drives past?

-Chris
Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by austindiver
Hey Guys,

Does anyone have a setup for a low traction bumpy Parking Lot Track? Im not having any luck with the setups I have found.

Also does anyone else get Goat sounds when your car drives past?

-Chris
Here you go, this is a setup I've made for a other racer who was experiencing some trouble.
I haven't driven the car like this myself but it should give you a car with good traction with a bias towards understeer.
If you setup the car like this and try it I can help you further if it's still not handling like it should.

I don't get any goat sounds, just a sonic boom once or twice when I'm ripping up the track.
Attached Files
Old 01-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I remember someone posted online about some parts that can be share between NT1 and capricorn lab, anyone know where can I download the list?

TIA
Old 01-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joehwee
I remember someone posted online about some parts that can be share between NT1 and capricorn lab, anyone know where can I download the list?

TIA
Hi!

You can find the list at my homepage: www.capricornrc.de under "Manuals"!

Black
Old 01-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Congrats to Rino Lino and Scotty Grey for a 1st and 3rd at Fort Myers!
Rino 1st, Scotty Tq and 3rd

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.