R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #676
Tech Regular

Very nice pictures TMF, cool to see the weight of some parts...!!!

Can you tell me the weight off the car, i mean the car like its from the kit,
so, just the car, no wheels, body, engine, battery, servo`s etc....

Just the kit weight..!

(maybe he knows ...DS..?)

Regards,

Roy
rbakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #677
Tech Adept

Default assembly help

on step 1.0 #7 the white plastic is not flat on the new kit it has a lip now does the wider part go face down into the shock body or does the wider part face up? im finding it hard to get #8 in after the this?

Also I don't see a shim for step 7.0 #5 I checked many time but dont see this 6x10x0,5
younghovaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #678
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghovaa View Post
on step 1.0 #7 the white plastic is not flat on the new kit it has a lip now does the wider part go face down into the shock body or does the wider part face up? im finding it hard to get #8 in after the this?

Also I don't see a shim for step 7.0 #5 I checked many time but dont see this 6x10x0,5
The wider part of the guide goes towards the bottom of the shock, towards the clip which holds everything in place.
In order to get part #8, the clip, in it's groove you need to put a little pressure on part #7 so you can compress the O-ring. The O-ring needs to be compressed a little in order to have a good seal.

Part #5 in step 7 is a plastic spacer which is located on one of the part tree's. I can't remember which tree it is, it has a dark grey color.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #679
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
The wider part of the guide goes towards the bottom of the shock, towards the clip which holds everything in place.
In order to get part #8, the clip, in it's groove you need to put a little pressure on part #7 so you can compress the O-ring. The O-ring needs to be compressed a little in order to have a good seal.

Part #5 in step 7 is a plastic spacer which is located on one of the part tree's. I can't remember which tree it is, it has a dark grey color.
Thanks sooo much thought is was metel @ first.. this is awsome
Old 12-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #680
TMF
Tech Initiate

rbakker, I can't tell you cause I'm building the kit.

Oooooh yes !!! that plastic spacer !!! I didn't find the shim, so I put an old brass shim standar glow plug
TMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #681
Tech Adept

Default offset

DS where you placing your offset shims for front and rear? do you do one inside one outside? I have total 8 offset shims.. book say one inside but i read someone had one inside one outside on new kit?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:21 AM   #682
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks sooo much thought is was metel @ first.. this is awsome
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMF View Post
rbakker, I can't tell you cause I'm building the kit.

Oooooh yes !!! that plastic spacer !!! I didn't find the shim, so I put an old brass shim standar glow plug
When I was building my kit I was looking for a metal shim as well.

Quote:
DS where you placing your offset shims for front and rear? do you do one inside one outside? I have total 8 offset shims.. book say one inside but i read someone had one inside one outside on new kit?
Standard setup has one shim on the outside and one on the inside.
I started with both shims on the inside all around, so the least amount of offset, because I like this setting. Makes the car react better in the fast direction changes.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #683
TMF
Tech Initiate

I'm uploading more and more pics.

The carb linkage is provisional, as I'm waiting for a Futaba BLS551 low profile servo.
TMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #684
Tech Elite

Hey guys. Just got back from racing again this weekend the car was great. I put in the diff and liked the car just as much as with the spool. The traction was very high and I had to use heavier diff oils for my liking. I ran 300 in the front and 100 in the rear. This was mainly for the high bite. I think the diff and spool can both be made to go really fast, but the diff gets a little better turn in. I like the stability of this car. The rear end stays planted and accelerates great. Am going to work on the car to get a little more rear end rotation for corner speed. I think I will make the rear link a little shorter next time and with the angles a little more.

DJ Apolaro
Old 12-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #685
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default main

what happened in the main? did not get a chance to ask you
Old 12-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #686
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Hey guys. Just got back from racing again this weekend the car was great. I put in the diff and liked the car just as much as with the spool. The traction was very high and I had to use heavier diff oils for my liking. I ran 300 in the front and 100 in the rear. This was mainly for the high bite. I think the diff and spool can both be made to go really fast, but the diff gets a little better turn in. I like the stability of this car. The rear end stays planted and accelerates great. Am going to work on the car to get a little more rear end rotation for corner speed. I think I will make the rear link a little shorter next time and with the angles a little more.

DJ Apolaro
Yes, the rear end grip this car has is pretty incredible.
Laying in the rear shocks worked very well for me in order to get some more rear end rotation.
I also went with stiffer rear springs, stiffer rear ARB and reduced the toe in to 1 degree.
For next year I'm going to try softer front tires, normally I run a split of 2-3s shore, going to test with 5-6 shore.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #687
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post

DJ Apolaro
hey DJ what track did you race @? Also what did the car do to make you know to go to a heavier diff?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #688
Tech Initiate

Capricorn Lab C01 wins second FSS in a row

Congrats to Eduardo Cabal for winning the round #4 of the Florida State Series.

Second victory in a row for the Lab C01
Attached Thumbnails
Capricorn LAB-C01-race-4-1_10.jpg  

[email protected]
Desoto Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #689
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
what happened in the main? did not get a chance to ask you
You know racing. I came in for a pit stop and when I left the rear diff went out. Sucks going from leading a race to a DNF. hehehe But the car was good, so next time will better.

DJ Apolaro
Old 12-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #690
Tech Elite

Quote:
hey DJ what track did you race @? Also what did the car do to make you know to go to a heavier diff?
It was a new track here in Florida. It is in Arcadia. I wanted the car to have more on power steering and dive in harder for the turns. I know a heavier rear diff would help. I also wanted the car to track better when I got on power and a heavier diff in the front helps this. I almost wanted to run a spool, as thats what my driving style like, but I am playing with the diff, as that seems to be what most people use and I want to help racers out with set-up ideas.

DJ Apolaro