R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ok u say it can weigh that much do u have to get upgraded light stuff or thats straight outta the box? i meen it looks light just alluminum is usually heavier than plastic right?
Old 02-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #47
Tech Regular

I say it "can" weight by meaning that you use the chassis parts straight out of the box, and make your choices of the other stuff to complete the car.(engine-pipe, electronics, body and tires)

Of course you can make it even lighter by using lightest screws, and maybe shaving off 3-5 grams from lots of bearings(unnecessary), but after that you will have really hard time bringing the weight down more. Only way that came to my mind is to replace the aluminum parts with plastic Xray ones, but its not a good idea.

Yes, aluminum is a little heavier than plastic, but this car uses a drivetrain which is so light that it compensates the aluminum weight. Dont forget that lighter drivetrain is much more better than lighter(plastic) bulkeads.

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #48
Tech Regular

yeah i got cha cant wait to see them in the us i may not be able to resist
Old 02-18-2010, 05:21 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
I say it "can" weight by meaning that you use the chassis parts straight out of the box, and make your choices of the other stuff to complete the car.(engine-pipe, electronics, body and tires)

Of course you can make it even lighter by using lightest screws, and maybe shaving off 3-5 grams from lots of bearings(unnecessary), but after that you will have really hard time bringing the weight down more. Only way that came to my mind is to replace the aluminum parts with plastic Xray ones, but its not a good idea.

Yes, aluminum is a little heavier than plastic, but this car uses a drivetrain which is so light that it compensates the aluminum weight. Dont forget that lighter drivetrain is much more better than lighter(plastic) bulkeads.
Let's make a small correction...
The nominal weight of alluminium is lighty higher than plastic but ......
alluminium characteristics allow to make smaller parts.
What u loose in weight... u gain back from parts dimension.
Nominally the ready to run car (out of the box) is underweighted by 50gr that can arrive 90gr with liFe + low profile servo and even more with titanium screws
Thank's to a super light transmission set.... 4 swing shaft and diff gears and bevel shaft we save 41,8gr (against NT1) that give us more traction... speed and acceleration. all reached in the lower time... even more... better braking.

All this just comparing 2 parts (swing shaft and differential). We are not jet considering other parts like he 2 speed gear assembly (the smaller on the market), Lower by 5mm than other models.

Thank's to this lighter weight we get a higher top speed (with same engine) considering also that we have a "T" difference between 1st and second speed of 5T against 6T of all other models.

This difference give us more performance to engine due to the shorter 2nd speed ratio.

Hard Light Rims for his design and material (very stiff) give a "+" performance to the foam and car with their lower weight on suspension system.

Low friction stock belts give the maximum freedom to all transmission parts.

If u have any more tech question.. do not hesitate to write.

Thank's

Capricorn RC

Last edited by CapricornRC; 02-18-2010 at 06:02 AM.
CapricornRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #50
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Tosolini View Post
The car is 100 grams under weight!!!! enought said! ok!
Congats on the win!!!! Hey Chris this dock the guy who's clutch you tune at 301 raceway at the capital classic vonerrr evo2 wc) I have a nt1 ec now but this car looks so sweet and I can bet the fit&finish are good also just like all the other parts I have ever ordered for capicorn. I want one when are they coming to USA. Also I want to buy a sirio cl7r sti for my evolva m3 evo but people tell me that they are a one race motor and that they don't last long. I know you know these engines better than anybody. If broken-in right and if taken care of how how many gallon can I get out of the cl7r sti. And will the (abc) piston&sleeve fit in the cl7rsti. I can't find the abc version of the cl7r trinity doesn't carry it.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Tosolini View Post
Hi everyone! I was told today to talk about why I use dog bones in the back and axels in the front.... Well dog bones seem to run more free in the hubs and axels, so this alows the suspention to be able to more more free, so it will be smother over bumps and also have more traction and stability! We use axels in the frnt for safety, you know on one likes to loose a front dog bone when rubbing something, and you always have enough steering so no need for front axels..... So if anyone has any question hit me up any time.....
also I would like to thank everyone for all the kind words, I had a great week in FT Myers... it was my first race in USA with the car and knew it would be good... I had a loty of testing with it in Italy and was very good testing and also very fun to test on may tracks over there! Well thank you Ft Myers club and be back next year as always!
Hi Chris,

First of all congrats with your win at the Winternats, great drive and comeback.
I want to know how the composite diff. internals are holding up?.
Did you do some reliability testing, run them till they break/strip?

The same question I have about the aluminum front and rear driveshafts.
I snapped one out of the blue after 5 races, so I'm a bit reluctant to put them in my car again.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 AM   #52
Tech Regular

thanks for the replys on weight everything makes sence its just hard to tell how big or small a part is looking at pics online 50g under is awsome out of the box my 4r is comin in at 1700 w/o body and thats with ti upper screws and pillow balls so any price around 600 to 650 usd would be worth it just to not have to upgrade to lighten it right out of the box,plus it just looks really strong compared to anything else out there
sorry for the rable im gettin excited about this car keep the info comin
Old 02-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Chris's car after Winternats final

capricorn after final
Attached Thumbnails
Capricorn LAB-C01-winternats-048.jpg  
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default more pics

more pics
Attached Thumbnails
Capricorn LAB-C01-winternats-045.jpg   Capricorn LAB-C01-winternats-044.jpg   Capricorn LAB-C01-winternats-046.jpg  
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #55
Tech Regular

Damn even looks good all dirty lol
Old 02-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

More pics:

Higher resolution images: http://www.skyrocketracing.com/galle..._0435.JPG.html
Old 02-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #57
Tech Master

Default Chris rebuilding his car before the main

Here are some pics of the car while Tosolini works on it. I thought the car had a good look, small pieces and great aluminum work..
Attached Thumbnails
Capricorn LAB-C01-dsc_0317web.jpg   Capricorn LAB-C01-dsc_0323web.jpg   Capricorn LAB-C01-dsc_0328web.jpg   Capricorn LAB-C01-dsc_0308web.jpg  
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default pictures

Hey Rafael, Those are great pictures it may be time for you to hang up the radio gear and park the cars you might have just found your calling!!
Thanks for the fun times might catch up with you in Kissimmee Peter
Old 02-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #59
Tech Master

Toso send me the gold version.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #60
Tech Master

Allright ill settle for a red one. LOL Congrats on the win. You have to make it down to jackson this year for some testing.