R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #556
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
Firstly i dont claim it made me faster, it is a Fact. then you proceed to belittle myself, and the people i race against, as not a worthy choice for judgment for my so called Claim. and yes my car was oversteering before, it still is, but way more managable now, it was pretty much the only thing i changed, apart from some other settings to get the car to perform with the DLS on.

well this is why i posted in the first place, to let you know there are people out there that the DLS is working for. the Lab and STS engine comparison is a bad choice to make a comparison on, any first year driver could make that judgment. So now to your knowledge in geometry and handling, presumption is a bad thing in motor sport, and can often lead to bad choices, but hey id like to be as good as you one day (yes my turn to belittle) as i must know nothing in comparison. best of luck with your future endeavors
I for one think that if your car was oversteering then something was wrong in the first place. By installing the DLS you solved it. But that was not the intention of DLS. Sure you was faster now because your car was drivable again.

I think that by listening to DS you will benefit more than what you did with DLS. Just ask him and get better in setup. You will like your car even better without DLS DS is a great Guy, just a shame you don`t race on the same track.

Greetz JW
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #557
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
Firstly i dont claim it made me faster, it is a Fact. then you proceed to belittle myself, and the people i race against, as not a worthy choice for judgment for my so called Claim. and yes my car was oversteering before, it still is, but way more managable now, it was pretty much the only thing i changed, apart from some other settings to get the car to perform with the DLS on.
I apologize, I didn't ment to question anything you said. This is probably down to english not being my native language, I mastered the language pretty well but still learning the small details. On forums the change of misinterpreting seems always larger compared to real life.
Also I really didn't meant to question your or your friends driving skills.
It's more something I meant in general, I will never judge someone without knowing anything about them. Since I sadly never visited Australia before (planning to visit your country/continent once though as it's beautiful) I'm not able to judge any of the aussie drivers.

Quote:

well this is why i posted in the first place, to let you know there are people out there that the DLS is working for. the Lab and STS engine comparison is a bad choice to make a comparison on, any first year driver could make that judgment. So now to your knowledge in geometry and handling, presumption is a bad thing in motor sport, and can often lead to bad choices, but hey id like to be as good as you one day (yes my turn to belittle) as i must know nothing in comparison. best of luck with your future endeavors
This reaction was purely aimed at Riketsu stating it's not possible to have an opinion about a subject without testing it yourself.
Presumption is a bad thing when you don't have enough knowledge to make realistic assumptions, same thing goes for bad choices. It's for every individual to decide if they have enough knowledge to make a presumption about a certain subject.
Again I didn't meant to judge anyone, people who know me in real life know that I'm not that kind of person.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #558
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
I apologize, I didn't ment to question anything you said. This is probably down to english not being my native language, I mastered the language pretty well but still learning the small details. On forums the change of misinterpreting seems always larger compared to real life.
Also I really didn't meant to question your or your friends driving skills.
It's more something I meant in general, I will never judge someone without knowing anything about them. Since I sadly never visited Australia before (planning to visit your country/continent once though as it's beautiful) I'm not able to judge any of the aussie drivers.

This reaction was purely aimed at Riketsu stating it's not possible to have an opinion about a subject without testing it yourself.
Presumption is a bad thing when you don't have enough knowledge to make realistic assumptions, same thing goes for bad choices. It's for every individual to decide if they have enough knowledge to make a presumption about a certain subject.
Again I didn't meant to judge anyone, people who know me in real life know that I'm not that kind of person.
i too do apologise for my reaction, maybe the way it was intended to come across, got taken the wrong way. but you must realise that the track is no normal track. it has some of the highest tyre wear, and the lowest grip levels found, possibly in Australia. so setup is always a struggle , and a 30 min final is often won by who can maintain the tyres the best. everyone who watched my car on the weekend saw how much of a change it made , and many comments were made, and i have to put it down to the DLS . im not saying anyone is right or wrong, but it did make me faster, and the car was so much more settled and drivable. and i also had my best consistantcy ever at 0.10 . the state titles 2 years ago, was the best the track has ever been, as many were racing , and racing often, now not many race, and the track is always dusty and slippery, so just maybe that is why the DLS worked so well in these conditions. again i apologise for my response
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #559
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell View Post
Guys,

Can someone please advise what the 3 Capricorn greases are for;

Copper Paste
Blue Grease
Moly Grease

Just want to make sure I use the right one for the drive shafts/CVD's etc

Regards

Kyle
Copper paste is normally used to prevent metal to metal contact and so reduce wear.
It's also used to prevent bolts and such getting stuck when they're exposed to the elements.
I never found anything which needed copper paste on my car so I don't use it.

I'm guessing the blue grease is either a high impact grease or bearing grease.

The Moly grease is the stuff you want to use for your driveshafts, it sticks to the parts very well while still being thin enough to get to all the parts.
It also keeps lubricating even under heavy loads/ high stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
I for one think that if your car was oversteering then something was wrong in the first place. By installing the DLS you solved it. But that was not the intention of DLS. Sure you was faster now because your car was drivable again.

I think that by listening to DS you will benefit more than what you did with DLS. Just ask him and get better in setup. You will like your car even better without DLS DS is a great Guy, just a shame you don`t race on the same track.

Greetz JW
Thanks JW, this is what I meant.
Btw, I decided to become the dutch reseller on the entire Capricorn product line. I will keep stock on tires, fuel and the most important parts of the Lab.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #560
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

wow two people apoligizing to each other on the internet i just got a glimmer of hope for fourms in general anyways we should get back to the subject witch is a car that doesnt need some wild rear suspension to be fast
Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #561
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Thanks JW, this is what I meant.
Btw, I decided to become the dutch reseller on the entire Capricorn product line. I will keep stock on tires, fuel and the most important parts of the Lab.
He DS, thats great news, i am planning on using the tyres again in 2011. So i can order it directly on the dutch site later?
Old 11-12-2010, 02:43 AM   #562
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by petertjes View Post
He DS, thats great news, i am planning on using the tyres again in 2011. So i can order it directly on the dutch site later?
Yes, when you order them I'm able to ship them out to you, or bring them to the races.
I'm planning on having the shop online this saturday, had some minor setbacks though so I'm not sure if I will make it.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:56 AM   #563
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Yes, when you order them I'm able to ship them out to you, or bring them to the races.
I'm planning on having the shop online this saturday, had some minor setbacks though so I'm not sure if I will make it.
Now i look back to the last NK, we traded a set of tyre`s but you never got mine! So i own you one set of tyre`s
Old 11-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #564
Tech Initiate

Capricorn Update:

We are working on our website. Hopefully will be ready soon as the webmaster is working really hard.

We received a small shipment to be able to supply a few cars and parts for the drivers attending the Florida State Series in Kissimmee. We are going to have 3 drivers there.

Our first large order, including Lab kits, spare parts, optionals for different cars, tires and engines is going to arrive end of next week, depending on customs.

Our computer systems are ready, all the database, products etc. it's in, so we are ready for business.

Dealer application are welcome. Please submit your email to [email protected]

The emails on the capricornrc.us domain are not ready yet.

Thanks and have a great weekend
Desoto Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #565
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Congrats can't wait for my car
Old 11-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #566
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desoto Racing View Post
Capricorn Update:

We are working on our website. Hopefully will be ready soon as the webmaster is working really hard.

We received a small shipment to be able to supply a few cars and parts for the drivers attending the Florida State Series in Kissimmee. We are going to have 3 drivers there.

Our first large order, including Lab kits, spare parts, optionals for different cars, tires and engines is going to arrive end of next week, depending on customs.

Our computer systems are ready, all the database, products etc. it's in, so we are ready for business.

Dealer application are welcome. Please submit your email to [email protected]

The emails on the capricornrc.us domain are not ready yet.

Thanks and have a great weekend
Hi Joaquin,

When will these 3 drivers be officially announced?? (If they haven't yet)

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #567
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Hi Joaquin,

When will these 3 drivers be officially announced?? (If they haven't yet)

Thanks!

Dj,Rhino y el 3 no se..

En P.R. Distribuidor y piloto Geovannie Gonzalez (en lo que arranca bien)

Cualquier upgrade o gomas de Capricorn que gustes para tu nt1 con mucho gusto te ayudo.

Last edited by Geovannie; 11-12-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: ...........
Geovannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #568
Tech Regular

Hee guys,

Do you all think that the Lab car would hold up against the H-K1 from KM racing, i heard it is fast and pure Chinese soundness....?

What do you all think?

kind regards,

Roy B.
rbakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #569
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://picasaweb.google.com/dlarry62...05644396884018

The 3 capricorn drivers.
yappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #570
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbakker View Post
Hee guys,

Do you all think that the Lab car would hold up against the H-K1 from KM racing, i heard it is fast and pure Chinese soundness....?

What do you all think?

kind regards,

Roy B.
lol, I am pretty sure that the cap car is safe from the HK car. Xray is probably the closest comp currently, but the new mugen is looming behind the curtain. Also the new kyosho is coming out soon and should be good. My main concern with the cap car was parts support here in the USA, but since cap is going to be handled here by Disoto Racing (sp?) I wouldn't worry about that much anymore.

*not sure if it was a serious question but for grins treated it as such*

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote