R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #1681
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Default

I was wondering if anyone has tasted the rear upper arm (14009) in the lab c02, what are the differences in the track between 14009 and 18002k?
thanks
jngrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #1682
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngrc View Post
I was wondering if anyone has tasted the rear upper arm (14009) in the lab c02, what are the differences in the track between 14009 and 18002k?
thanks
I doubt that there would be any difference, as suspension geometry can be made the same with either link. Perhaps someone that's tried it could enlighten us further? However; the CO2 arm (18002k) makes camber adjustments really quick and easy.

Kindest regards,
Lars,
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #1683
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,338
Default

I agree with Lars,
With them not effecting the geometry in anyway I would say they wouldn't make any difference in performance and with, as Lars pointing out, the originals being so easy to use in adjustment........ I would say they would be the better option myself.

BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #1684
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

OK guys,

Sorry I have been out a coupe of days, but since I got back from California I have been busy with my real job. I find that the newer link system does actually give more rotation after initial turn in. The inital it pretty similar, but after that the C02 has more steering/rotation. I think it may be because the new system has no flex compared to the old more link type system. With a link there is more flex so as the plastics flex they give traction to that areas in the rear. As with the new system there is no flex in the rear link, thus taking away traction.

With my C01 I would always use the lower roll centers in the middle at every track. With the C02 I use it a lot in the bottom now. I feel it has a lot to do with the change in the rear camber link.

Not to mention it is nice for adjustments!!

Not sure if this helps, but it is what I have noticed.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #1685
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,338
Default

That makes alot of sense ..... thanks DJ
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #1686
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 188
Default

Hi DJ

First congratulatin on the victory last weekend

Will you share your setup with us

And does anyone have a idea on my problem , the point where it switch to 2 gear changes round by round. And its not because Im all over the place , lap times within 4/10 sec. I have been taking i apart 3 times now and also changed the hole unit , maybe I do so something wrong

Thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
OK guys,

Sorry I have been out a coupe of days, but since I got back from California I have been busy with my real job. I find that the newer link system does actually give more rotation after initial turn in. The inital it pretty similar, but after that the C02 has more steering/rotation. I think it may be because the new system has no flex compared to the old more link type system. With a link there is more flex so as the plastics flex they give traction to that areas in the rear. As with the new system there is no flex in the rear link, thus taking away traction.

With my C01 I would always use the lower roll centers in the middle at every track. With the C02 I use it a lot in the bottom now. I feel it has a lot to do with the change in the rear camber link.

Not to mention it is nice for adjustments!!

Not sure if this helps, but it is what I have noticed.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Xray T4 2014 / Orca VXX / Orca 5t
Team Xray-shop.dk
johnsen-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #1687
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Hi DJ

First congratulatin on the victory last weekend

Will you share your setup with us

And does anyone have a idea on my problem , the point where it switch to 2 gear changes round by round. And its not because Im all over the place , lap times within 4/10 sec. I have been taking i apart 3 times now and also changed the hole unit , maybe I do so something wrong

Thanks
Some ideas:

Tyre wear
Slipping Clutch
It's on backwards
Asymmetric shoe tension
Worn shoes
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #1688
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Hi DJ

First congratulatin on the victory last weekend

Will you share your setup with us

And does anyone have a idea on my problem , the point where it switch to 2 gear changes round by round. And its not because Im all over the place , lap times within 4/10 sec. I have been taking i apart 3 times now and also changed the hole unit , maybe I do so something wrong

Thanks
All those that blis mentioned .... I would also check engine tune. A rich bottom end on the engine with either a lean or good top end may give inconsistant gear changes.

BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #1689
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Hi DJ

First congratulatin on the victory last weekend

Will you share your setup with us

And does anyone have a idea on my problem , the point where it switch to 2 gear changes round by round. And its not because Im all over the place , lap times within 4/10 sec. I have been taking i apart 3 times now and also changed the hole unit , maybe I do so something wrong

Thanks
Sorry for the delay. I have been crazy with work and my Dog has been sick and I have been pretty busy with that.

Here is my Airtronics Set-up

If you guys have any questions just ask. The traction was good, but not traction rolling. Weather was good, maybe 80's and the track is a parking lot.


DJ Apolaro
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Airtronics Race LaB C02 - set up 2012.pdf (116.1 KB, 393 views)
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #1690
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Lk at me -> http://youtu.be/4kaQ8njHE_s
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 AM   #1691
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Grouse video man !

Btw fuel guns are quicker
__________________
Capricorn LAB C02
Protoform
Futaba
Sirio
xray man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 AM   #1692
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Grouse video man !

Btw fuel guns are quicker
__________________
Capricorn LAB C02
Protoform
Futaba
Sirio
xray man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #1693
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray man View Post
Grouse video man !

Btw fuel guns are quicker
I use them for 1:8... Im just not a fan of the cable tie method, I like to see and feel the tank shut on a tourer.
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #1694
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Fair enough, wateva tickles ur pikle
__________________
Capricorn LAB C02
Protoform
Futaba
Sirio
xray man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #1695
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 218
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Hi DJ,

What springs you used for this track?

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Sorry for the delay. I have been crazy with work and my Dog has been sick and I have been pretty busy with that.

Here is my Airtronics Set-up

If you guys have any questions just ask. The traction was good, but not traction rolling. Weather was good, maybe 80's and the track is a parking lot.


DJ Apolaro
dex410usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All my reviews. romuald31 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 35 12-02-2013 08:01 AM
New Capricorn Touring Car romuald31 Nitro On-Road 90 01-25-2010 12:58 AM
V-ONE RRR WC vs. MTX-4 rmdhawaii Nitro On-Road 39 01-17-2010 01:25 PM


Tags
corn


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net