R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #1666
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Hey Andrew,
If its just at the corner exits...... try reducing the rear toe-in a little. See if that helps.

BM
I am building car at the moment and was just wasn't sure if grub screws needed in two speed to lock it down onto the holder. And if roll centre inserts need screws installed to hold the hinge pins in.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 07-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #1667
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
I am building car at the moment and was just wasn't sure if grub screws needed in two speed to lock it down onto the holder. And if roll centre inserts need screws installed to hold the hinge pins in.

Thanks
Andrew
I'm sorry Andrew ... got mixed up with different posts. I'm at the same point in building my C-02: so I will get to know soon. Usually grub screws secure the hub to the shaft and locate on the flats machined on the 2way speed shaft.
As I said.... I'm not 100%worried sure as I haven't built my 2 speed yet.
Infact .... I'm just machining a new 2car speed shaft from Grade 5 Titanium....... half the weight . :-)
Hows your build going so far?

BM
Old 07-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #1668
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm sorry Andrew ... got mixed up with different posts. I'm at the same point in building my C-02: so I will get to know soon. Usually grub screws secure the hub to the shaft and locate on the flats machined on the 2way speed shaft.
As I said.... I'm not 100%worried sure as I haven't built my 2 speed yet.
Infact .... I'm just machining a new 2car speed shaft from Grade 5 Titanium....... half the weight . :-)
Hows your build going so far?

BM
No problem, I was suprised how shaft wasn't lightened in anyway, my H-K1 has been drilled out.

Was more the ones in the shoes themselves that put pressure on the rollers... I know Michael Salven leaves them out on his Serpent, so maybe it's not important.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 07-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #1669
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Has anyone tried these on the C 02???

http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...2323-large.jpg

Thanks Michael
It's been discussed from post 1565 and down from there on this forum. Just check back; this forum is an awesome knowledge base, but posts can be little hard to find sometimes.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #1670
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
No problem, I was suprised how shaft wasn't lightened in anyway, my H-K1 has been drilled out.

Was more the ones in the shoes themselves that put pressure on the rollers... I know Michael Salven leaves them out on his Serpent, so maybe it's not important.

Thanks
Andrew
If you leave them out it will give you a smoother shift, however they will need to be replaced more frequently. When you leave out the grubscrews you can't compensate the gap which is formed when the shoes and drum wear. If you run them too long the car will get stuck in second a gear when the gap has become too big.
I don't use the grubscrews and replace the shoes(together with the springs and such) 2 times a year. I use around 20 liters of fuel a year to give you an indication.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #1671
Tech Adept

Default Radio plate

Hi

Have anyone tried the new radio plate : cap-18011-FFS??

How is it compaired to the stock one ?? Looks like more flex , meaning more steering , but both in high and low grib condition ??? And do you leave out the screw in the middle block

thanks
Michael
johnsen-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #1672
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Hi

Have anyone tried the new radio plate : cap-18011-FFS??

How is it compaired to the stock one ?? Looks like more flex , meaning more steering , but both in high and low grib condition ??? And do you leave out the screw in the middle block

thanks
Michael
All that has also been discussed in previous posts. You should find it if you look back, and use the thread's search engine with key words to find the posts.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #1673
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
All that has also been discussed in previous posts. You should find it if you look back, and use the thread's search engine with key words to find the posts.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
This is true, you can find most if not all the information you need in past posts but ...... this is a forum where discussion is promoted indeed necessery. It is not a technical blog only to be used as a technical information source.

We must, as experienced racers or/ and owners of the car encourage questions from new owners aswell as veteren owners of the car alike .... not to push them off onto the forums search engine.

Keep the thread alive and running by helping each other out....... time and time again.

British Menace
Old 07-06-2012, 01:22 AM   #1674
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:

Thanks
Andrew
Congrats Andrew,
The 2speed shoe is smaller and has less mass in a Capricorn. This doesnt really allow for grub screws and does need a good engine to kick it into second and have a nice tight 2speed.

Trying to get a TG to kick a Cap meant having a very sloppy shoe.
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #1675
Tech Elite

Quote:
This is true, you can find most if not all the information you need in past posts but ...... this is a forum where discussion is promoted indeed necessery. It is not a technical blog only to be used as a technical information source.

We must, as experienced racers or/ and owners of the car encourage questions from new owners aswell as veteren owners of the car alike .... not to push them off onto the forums search engine.

Keep the thread alive and running by helping each other out....... time and time again.

British Menace
I think you’re taking this the wrong way Menace. The post had been sitting for some time without an answer; and I only want to help someone that wants the information, and the questions looked like they wouldn't get a reply.

I could make my limited expertise of these matters known, but I feel that Johnson could be better off with the advice that the very experienced people on this forum have posted. But I'm not suggesting that someone shouldn't answer the post directly at all.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #1676
Tech Elite

I did not mean any dissrespect at all. I just wanted to ensure people were not being pushed away thinking they could not post something in fear that it might have been asked before and they did not want to repeat or be felt a fool for asking.

There is, as has been said, a wealth of information on this and the C-02 thread on these cars. There is already some repetition of info' but that should not be thought bad.

Anyway.... back to the car.

On the 2 speed. I am currently producing 4 lightweight 2 speeds including Grade 5 Titanium shaft (50% mass reduction!) light hub and Titanium screws too.

When I've completed them I will let you know.

BM

Last edited by British Menace; 07-06-2012 at 07:43 PM.
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #1677
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Does any one know where i can get a replacement o-ring for the diff in the co 02? Maybe xray ?
dex410usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #1678
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up A lot of NT1 Parts interchange !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex410usa View Post
Does any one know where i can get a replacement o-ring for the diff in the co 02? Maybe xray ?
Yes NT1 Xray, if necessary, complete Diffs, Front and Rear Belts, Brake Pads, upper Front Arms, Pivot Balls , etc.....

"Every Cemetery in Chicago Votes Democrat!"
el salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #1679
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex410usa View Post
The part number is CAP-172407, and your local Capricorn dealer should be able to supply the O-rings. If not; try this link http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=1369. X-ray diff parts will fit, but their diff seals are a pain to use after getting used to the much better Capricorn O-rings. Capricorn outdrives are also lighter than standard X-ray outdrives.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #1680
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thank you
dex410usa is offline   Reply With Quote