R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #1651
Tech Regular
 
mintie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 422
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchOut View Post
Just picked up a used c01. I'm in the process of sourcing spare parts and was wondering if the NT1 front CVD shaft is a direct fit? Also, those snap rings on the axles are a real PITA (why did they do that..). Any tips for making easier to remove and reinstall? Thanks.
yes xray fit directly.
__________________
Moorebankrcraceway.com and now http://www.mrccr.com.au/
Team Harm | HARM SX-3 WORKS ED 2010 and now large scale Boat at Cherrie lake
tour cap01 keepon murnan| pan cap08-.21 flash murnan| T4 |
Mbx-6T rb | Xray xb8 bonti| Mp9-Nova ws09 | 4pksR
mintie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #1652
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
My car was exceptionally good the entire weekend with me having the second fastest lap time during practice and the fastest lap time during qualifying.
I ended up qualifying third behind Daan Jacobs and Pedro Rombouts and just in front of Maxim Claes.

This is the setup I was using, the car hasn't been this good before:

http://dsmotorsport.nl/http://dsmoto...hen_NK2012.pdf
Hi Daan,
Thanks for your setup sheets. I have been trying to figure out what the advantage is of shimming the wheelhubs outside; instead of adjusting the pivot balls, and we never use shims there since we don't know. Is it just to enable quick changes to the trackwidth without having to re-adjust other settings, or is it something else?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #1653
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 755
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintie View Post
yes xray fit directly.
Thanks!
WatchOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #1654
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

DS please reply to my emails
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #1655
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,337
Default DS Motorsport not replying ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
DS please reply to my emails
He is not replying to mine either.......
He may be out of the country. I know he's working alot lately.
Are you waiting on parts mrgsr?

BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:51 AM   #1656
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Co1 TQ an win

Well round 2 of our Dash for the Cash series is done an the Co1 was flawless this past Sunday .Will post setup soon
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #1657
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
Well round 2 of our Dash for the Cash series is done an the Co1 was flawless this past Sunday .Will post setup soon
Good job impalabob64 .... will be interested in seeing the set-up that worked for you........

BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #1658
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,337
Default

How many of you guys have tried running with the spool? ..... any good?

BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #1659
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
DS please reply to my emails
Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
He is not replying to mine either.......
He may be out of the country. I know he's working alot lately.
Are you waiting on parts mrgsr?

BM
Back in office, I'm replying to my emails and messages right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
How many of you guys have tried running with the spool? ..... any good?

BM
I run the spool quite often, for me it works on big open tracks as well on some tight, technical tracks. I especially like the amount of acceleration a spool gives out of the slower corners.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #1660
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
Hi Daan,
Thanks for your setup sheets. I have been trying to figure out what the advantage is of shimming the wheelhubs outside; instead of adjusting the pivot balls, and we never use shims there since we don't know. Is it just to enable quick changes to the trackwidth without having to re-adjust other settings, or is it something else?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Offset is quite difficult to explain how it works, it's not for changing track width though!.
Offsetting the wheel changes the 'scrub radius' of a tire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius

In Rc cars offset also has quite a big influence on the jacking forces in the front suspension. Because of the big caster angles used more offset will put more pressure on the inside tyre. Also the wheelbase difference between left and right is increased when you run more offset.
Because of this in general more front offset will give you more steering at corner entry and mid corner.

I found less off set all round will give the car faster weight transfer and makes it better through chicanes.
On the C01 I always used 0 offset all around (all shims on the inside). WIth the C02 I ended up with the stock settings, the thin hex up front and the medium one in the rear.
For a tight, technical track you might try it the other way around.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #1661
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Offset is quite difficult to explain how it works, it's not for changing track width though!.
Offsetting the wheel changes the 'scrub radius' of a tire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius

In Rc cars offset also has quite a big influence on the jacking forces in the front suspension. Because of the big caster angles used more offset will put more pressure on the inside tyre. Also the wheelbase difference between left and right is increased when you run more offset.
Because of this in general more front offset will give you more steering at corner entry and mid corner.

I found less off set all round will give the car faster weight transfer and makes it better through chicanes.
On the C01 I always used 0 offset all around (all shims on the inside). WIth the C02 I ended up with the stock settings, the thin hex up front and the medium one in the rear.
For a tight, technical track you might try it the other way around.
Many thanks for that Daan, I've learnt a lot from it. Scrub ratio was something that I'd heard of, but never bothered to find out more about. It explains why the CO2 comes with different thickness hex hubs, which I've never come across before. Patrizio is just brilliant, and this forum is the best ever knowledge base thanks to guys like you.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #1662
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default Short wheel base setup

Tried the short wheel base setup and it did improve the car through the chicanes but still have big push going out of certain chicanes. Any recommendations?
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #1663
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Hi

Just wondered if the two speed is spose to have grub screws in it? The manual doesn't show this? And does any one put screws into the roll centre inserts to stop pins from coming out after you have drilled them to 3mm?

Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #1664
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Hi

Just wondered if the two speed is spose to have grub screws in it? The manual doesn't show this? And does any one put screws into the roll centre inserts to stop pins from coming out after you have drilled them to 3mm?

Andrew
Hey Andrew,
If its just at the corner exits...... try reducing the rear toe-in a little. See if that helps.

BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #1665
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 188
Default

Has anyone tried these on the C 02???

http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...2323-large.jpg

Thanks Michael
johnsen-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All my reviews. romuald31 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 35 12-02-2013 08:01 AM
New Capricorn Touring Car romuald31 Nitro On-Road 90 01-25-2010 12:58 AM
V-ONE RRR WC vs. MTX-4 rmdhawaii Nitro On-Road 39 01-17-2010 01:25 PM


Tags
corn


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net