R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #1561
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_T View Post
DJ, what is a good starting point to mount the SRS body? How far forward do you mount it on the C02?

thanks,
I mounted the body with the front wheels centered. Then I mounted the wing about 6mm off the back.

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #1562
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey guys what exactly do you mean by lazy, actually with the Red spring it kind of got more aggresive and as soon as you point it *PAM* the car goes where its pointed and not understeers a tad bit before hooking, could be that its bumby and lately very dirty.
I have found that my most common combo is Black fronts in the down position and the red rear 1 up from the bottom with the extensions on the lower rear arm. This is what I use most of the time.

As far as lazy. This for me is the left to right response time and also how much roll the car has. I like little roll and for it to respond to my input.


DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #1563
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Hi DJ when you say extensions on the rear arms do you mean those carbon fibre bits? I have them but never tried them..
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #1564
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Yeah, I use them most of the time.

DJ
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #1565
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Thanks dJ I'll give them a try next time.

What are your views on the new blade bars over the standard c02 blade ?
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #1566
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

They all have there place. I use the stock blade if I have enough steering going into the turn and in the middle with it. If I am at a track and needing more steering then I use the new system and fine tune it to get the steering I need. The new sway bars give you more steering, especially going into the turn and at the apex.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #1567
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 79
Default

Hey dj I had a few setup questions! I am running the co1 car and I am trying to achieve more corner speed! I run primarily at speed world in Roseville which I know you have only run at one time. I am running the stock front bar and was thinking about up grading to the newer system! I run the stock 600 wt oil in all the shocks with #2 pistons and black springs all around with stock diff oil front 120wt and rear 70wt. I typically run the roll centers all the way down and shock positions all the way down as well. I run the wheelbase in the middle position and droop is 1 front and 4 rear. He car has great initial steering but seems to lack corner speed middle off and is somewhat lazy on off power transition. I have been running the blitz cruzer body and am going to try the new protofom body. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
bradley70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 AM   #1568
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley70 View Post
Hey dj I had a few setup questions! I am running the co1 car and I am trying to achieve more corner speed! I run primarily at speed world in Roseville which I know you have only run at one time. I am running the stock front bar and was thinking about up grading to the newer system! I run the stock 600 wt oil in all the shocks with #2 pistons and black springs all around with stock diff oil front 120wt and rear 70wt. I typically run the roll centers all the way down and shock positions all the way down as well. I run the wheelbase in the middle position and droop is 1 front and 4 rear. He car has great initial steering but seems to lack corner speed middle off and is somewhat lazy on off power transition. I have been running the blitz cruzer body and am going to try the new protofom body. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Sorry for the late reply. Somehow this post got by me.

-Use the rear camber link short. Have it all the in on the inner arm and inside on the hub also.
-Use the front roll center pins in the middle
-Are you using the rear shock extensions to place the shock further out on the lower arm? If not try this and then raise the shock on the tower 1 position
-Stay with the stock front bar. This helps with the reaction of the bar. The other bars will make the car more lazy and on that track it is too tight for a lazy car
-Depending on how this goes you can also try a heavier rear bar
-You can also go up 1 position on the rear lower roll center pins (I recommend doing this from the start)

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes and we can keep at it till you get what you are looking for

And I also recommend the new protoform body. The SRS is awesome all around.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #1569
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I have found that my most common combo is Black fronts in the down position and the red rear 1 up from the bottom with the extensions on the lower rear arm. This is what I use most of the time.

As far as lazy. This for me is the left to right response time and also how much roll the car has. I like little roll and for it to respond to my input.


DJ Apolaro
Re extension on the rear lower arm, I believe I have bought these but mine are made out of steel CAP-15033S could you confirm if they are the same part.

Will try it out but won't these extension make the red springs more progressive/softer = less overall steering?
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #1570
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Re extension on the rear lower arm, I believe I have bought these but mine are made out of steel CAP-15033S could you confirm if they are the same part.

Will try it out but won't these extension make the red springs more progressive/softer = less overall steering?
Those are the correct extensions. I just have the old one's that are not steel.

As for the rear suspension. Yes it does make it softer and more progressive, however it gives the car more rotation and combined with my set-up I still have a car that responds good.

When the rear shocks have more angle they have more apex rotation.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #1571
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Those are the correct extensions. I just have the old one's that are not steel.

As for the rear suspension. Yes it does make it softer and more progressive, however it gives the car more rotation and combined with my set-up I still have a car that responds good.

When the rear shocks have more angle they have more apex rotation.

DJ Apolaro
Great will give it a try! Thanks DJ for the support.
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #1572
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 79
Default

Dj thank you very much for the setup information. I have not tried the rear shock extensions but have always been curious on how they would affect the rear of the car! Have you done much testing with #1 hole pistons in the front? I have always just run stock#2 pistons all the way around. Brad
bradley70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #1573
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 46
Default

I have a problem with front downstops. Whatever I do, if I crash or not, with optional aluminium downstop part or stock system, front downstop settings change all the time. Even with loctite. I need your solutions

During first round of Turkish Nationals, I managed to get a busted rear mount bearing ( with optional magnesium mount Cap-16037N, 2 speed side bearing ). Probably my bad because I did not clean the bearings before A-Main.

Thank you

Last edited by 1nsane; 04-26-2012 at 07:25 AM.
1nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #1574
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley70 View Post
Dj thank you very much for the setup information. I have not tried the rear shock extensions but have always been curious on how they would affect the rear of the car! Have you done much testing with #1 hole pistons in the front? I have always just run stock#2 pistons all the way around. Brad
I run the 1 hole front and 2 hole rear a lot on smoother tracks.

Gives good response.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #1575
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,336
Default

Hey guys,

The 'light' Capricorn flywheel nut CAP-408L
Does anyone have one of these? Are they actally lighter then the stock item?

Thanks
BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All my reviews. romuald31 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 35 12-02-2013 08:01 AM
New Capricorn Touring Car romuald31 Nitro On-Road 90 01-25-2010 12:58 AM
V-ONE RRR WC vs. MTX-4 rmdhawaii Nitro On-Road 39 01-17-2010 01:25 PM


Tags
corn


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net