Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Well its very nice ..... I bet he gets busy with requests doesn't he?
I'm not sure, Ryan is an Australian electric champion, who is also racing 8th scale gas. The paint job was organised by our team boss Peter Jovanovic in Melbourne, in a deal that we made with some supplies. We only told him roughly the colours we wanted; and he organised it with Ryan for our New South Wales Titles, and I don't even know how much it cost. Ryan offered to paint a body for us again, so we might take him up on that offer with a body for the Australian Nats later this year. Our body won the 10th scale concourse, and Ryan's own car took the 8th scale concourse award at the event.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Well ... congrats on that Lars. To the both of you.
I am waiting for my Capricorn stuff to come ...... its ended up being a birthday present. My wife is so good to me!
Your son must be very good. I have been out of it for a while .... so no doubt I will be well out of practice.

BM
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Hey all,

I'm still awaiting on the car....
I wanted to ask......
Does the Nt1 brass battery tray fit the Capricorn sedan?
At 65g I may need the weight for the Byrons race in June

Thanks
BM
Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey all,

I'm still awaiting on the car....
I wanted to ask......
Does the Nt1 brass battery tray fit the Capricorn sedan?
At 65g I may need the weight for the Byrons race in June

Thanks
BM
A lot of NT1 parts will interchange however, the Battery Plate isn't one of them.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Default Great setup improvment

Dear all, even though i tired a lot of fine tuning to get more steering i was never happy with the end result as i was not having the steering i needed and for such a small improvment i was loosing to traction at the rear especially in the sweeper.

Last Sunday a very good friend of mine/my pitman asked me to try his C01 in order to check if the car is handling fine. This car was the same one i started this year's championship and felt much better than mine which made me think a lot, especially that myself did all the setup for this car BUT only difference was RED springs instead of the BLACK so immediately went down to the pits took his spring fitted them to my C02 and vuola car had much more sttering and easier to drive in the technical section with more rear grip aswell.

I was quite surprised and next weekend i will try the white springs and see what happens.

Whats your thought on this?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speed6
Dear all, even though i tired a lot of fine tuning to get more steering i was never happy with the end result as i was not having the steering i needed and for such a small improvment i was loosing to traction at the rear especially in the sweeper.

Last Sunday a very good friend of mine/my pitman asked me to try his C01 in order to check if the car is handling fine. This car was the same one i started this year's championship and felt much better than mine which made me think a lot, especially that myself did all the setup for this car BUT only difference was RED springs instead of the BLACK so immediately went down to the pits took his spring fitted them to my C02 and vuola car had much more sttering and easier to drive in the technical section with more rear grip aswell.

I was quite surprised and next weekend i will try the white springs and see what happens.

I have used the white springs to test. I liked them on bumpy tracks. It does make the car a little more lazy. The car does has more overall traction also.

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by el salvador
A lot of NT1 parts will interchange however, the Battery Plate isn't one of them.
Ok. Thanks for the feedback .......
i was aware that some Nt1 parts fit, didn't know about the tray.
Thanks again

BM
Old 04-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Thats good to know Speed6 ............. I do have one question. Was the track you were on relatively bumpy?

BM
Old 04-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I have used the white springs to test. I liked them on bumpy tracks. It does make the car a little more lazy. The car does has more overall traction also.

DJ Apolaro
Hey DJ .......
Good info'on the white springs. I read the whole C-01 and 02 threads and I noticed you really do not like a lazy car do you? ... lol.

Good luck this year with the car and thanks for all the helpful info' you share on here. Soooo helps new owners like myself get up to speed with a new car.

BM
Old 04-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Hey DJ .......
Good info'on the white springs. I read the whole C-01 and 02 threads and I noticed you really do not like a lazy car do you? ... lol.

Good luck this year with the car and thanks for all the helpful info' you share on here. Soooo helps new owners like myself get up to speed with a new car.

BM
Anytime BM,

I used to love a car that pushed really bad compared to most other racers and a little lazy. As I started driving 1/8 it made me change my driving for sedan. Now I like a car with good steering, but very balanced. What I like about the Capricorn it is very balanced and easy to drive even when making it carry a lot of corner speed. For me I always work on my car to carry as much corner speed as possible. It is great to go fast on the straights, but there are a lot more turns than straights. LOL

Glad I can help,

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

DJ, what is a good starting point to mount the SRS body? How far forward do you mount it on the C02?

thanks,
Old 04-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Thats good to know Speed6 ............. I do have one question. Was the track you were on relatively bumpy?

BM
Yes bumby, the grain of the asphalt is very big and in between there is quite some gap, not mentioneing that 80% of the turns are very tight chicanes.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Anytime BM,

I used to love a car that pushed really bad compared to most other racers and a little lazy. As I started driving 1/8 it made me change my driving for sedan. Now I like a car with good steering, but very balanced. What I like about the Capricorn it is very balanced and easy to drive even when making it carry a lot of corner speed. For me I always work on my car to carry as much corner speed as possible. It is great to go fast on the straights, but there are a lot more turns than straights. LOL

Glad I can help,

DJ Apolaro
Hey guys what exactly do you mean by lazy, actually with the Red spring it kind of got more aggresive and as soon as you point it *PAM* the car goes where its pointed and not understeers a tad bit before hooking, could be that its bumby and lately very dirty.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys what exactly do you mean by lazy, actually with the Red spring it kind of got more aggresive and as soon as you point it *PAM* the car goes where its pointed and not understeers a tad bit before hooking, could be that its bumby and lately very dirty.
Hey Speed6,
A lazy car .... less responsive. Slow reacting......
the opposite would be a very responsive,some would say, "Darty" car.
Especially in left-right-left type combination corners.

BM
Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael_T
DJ, what is a good starting point to mount the SRS body? How far forward do you mount it on the C02?

thanks,
From what I've seen it looks like its centered with the front wheel well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.