Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Seiki MTX-3 vs. Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mugen Seiki MTX-3 vs. Serpent 710

After dropping my hopes of buying a buggy, I have returned to 1/10 touring, only this time I want a nitro, becuase it is more obtaniable to me. Since I have raced at my local tracks, and I think I don't need the beginner nitro cars. I have heard that both cars are easy builds for experienced kit builders. I am planning to use a Mugen X12 or a ROAR legal engine that is top of the line, so if you guys could help me out with that, it would be much appreciated. I am going to run a RD Logics one piece pipe. I am planning to make every thing roar legal on my MTX-3 or 710. I am going to be using a KO PROPO EX-10 Helios with KO 2344 servos and receiver. I have only raced electrics, so I am not familar with the engine rules. So, if you could help me with all of this crap, I thank you a lot.
Man I feel stupid after asking all of this questions

Thanks!
Nirav Patel
Tampa, Florida
Old 03-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Suspended

I have a mugen mtx3 assembled brand new if your interested...
Old 03-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Mugen Seiki MTX-3 vs. Serpent 710

Originally posted by amgman
After dropping my hopes of buying a buggy, I have returned to 1/10 touring, only this time I want a nitro, becuase it is more obtaniable to me. Since I have raced at my local tracks, and I think I don't need the beginner nitro cars. I have heard that both cars are easy builds for experienced kit builders. I am planning to use a Mugen X12 or a ROAR legal engine that is top of the line, so if you guys could help me out with that, it would be much appreciated. I am going to run a RD Logics one piece pipe. I am planning to make every thing roar legal on my MTX-3 or 710. I am going to be using a KO PROPO EX-10 Helios with KO 2344 servos and receiver. I have only raced electrics, so I am not familar with the engine rules. So, if you could help me with all of this crap, I thank you a lot.
Man I feel stupid after asking all of this questions

Thanks!
Nirav Patel
Tampa, Florida
hey a neighbor , i also live in tampa ,and i race a 710and my good friend jorge(owner of full throttle speedway) has the mtx-3 with the mugen x-12 motor. I can offer you some help if you need it, i also know a few good race tracks to test out your car.

Marcos.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there both top notch cars, both have plusses and minuses, its a tough decision. The serpent has some really cool advantages at the moment, like servicing the diffs(thats a big deal) the Mugen is a tough car and works very well, the serpent seems a little more delicate in some places. Like I said its a tough choice you cant go wrong with either.
I own a mugen and like it very much but if I was making a choice right at this minute and didn't own a tourer I would choose the serpent. not just because its the new wiz bang car on the market but because of the ease of differential servicability and adjustability between rounds.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

which has better intructions? wat about online part support?

where can we buy these kit for the cheapest online?
Old 03-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
which has better intructions? wat about online part support?
See for yourself... You can download 710 reference guide, the instruction manual and the setup book (all 3 included in the kit) from the mytsn website.

You need to register first with a valid email address before you can download them.

As for the official forum, you can head here or you could also browse through the 710 RCtech forum.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by InitialD
See for yourself... You can download 710 reference guide, the instruction manual and the setup book (all 3 included in the kit) from the mytsn website.

You need to register first with a valid email address before you can download them.

As for the official forum, you can head here or you could also browse through the 710 RCtech forum.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have been racing against a lot of people who tried the 710 and most of them look like they are worse drivers now than with their previouse car. Also their cars are breaking when they just tap a board. Maybe they need more time with it, but they all say the car has a nasty push (that is very visible on the track) I drive a Mugen and love it, it's so easy to setup and drive fast, parts are cheap, and it's very tough. Not saying the 710 is not good, but I have still not seen one that looks better than a MTX3 on a track. Including at the Winternats.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Grinder
I have been racing against a lot of people who tried the 710 and most of them look like they are worse drivers now than with their previouse car. Also their cars are breaking when they just tap a board. Maybe they need more time with it, but they all say the car has a nasty push (that is very visible on the track) I drive a Mugen and love it, it's so easy to setup and drive fast, parts are cheap, and it's very tough. Not saying the 710 is not good, but I have still not seen one that looks better than a MTX3 on a track. Including at the Winternats.
from my expirience i havent had any problems with it , i have raced at lakeland and done well both times i did better than my friend with the mtx3, not saying that one is better than the other is how you drive the car , my friend has broken his mugen more times that have with the serpent, it doesnt matter what car you drive is how you drive , look at Paul Wynn with his r-12 , i had the r-12 it was a very fast car but it was too fragile , but i also hit the wall more than Paul ,my point is if you dont wreck you wont break!!! My laps have drop alot at lakeland since i got the 710, but thats my choice of cars. here is a picture at lakeland
Serpent first place with the red car in the middle(me and my 710) second place to my left (Kyosho) and finally third to my right a (another kyosho)my friend with mugen (not in picture)finished 4th.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 03-23-2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Now I am really confused.

I heard that now is not a good time to get a MTX-3 becuase they say that mugen is coming out with the MTX-4. I am really torn apart from the Serpent and the Mugen, so if someone could list out the pluses and the minuses of each car, it would be much appreciated. Hey Marcos, what engine do you run in your serpent?

Thanks for all the help,
Nirav Patel
Old 03-23-2004, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Grinder
what is that another 1st place for serpent 710!!!!

im glad that by getting the serpent made me a worst driver!!
SERPENT RULES, BOW to the master SERPENT [/QUOTE]
Old 03-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Now I am really confused.

Originally posted by amgman
I heard that now is not a good time to get a MTX-3 becuase they say that mugen is coming out with the MTX-4. I am really torn apart from the Serpent and the Mugen, so if someone could list out the pluses and the minuses of each car, it would be much appreciated. Hey Marcos, what engine do you run in your serpent?

Thanks for all the help,
Nirav Patel
at that race i ran the OS.Tr 3port non turbo, But now im running a novarossi that a friend gave me.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
from my expirience i havent had any problems with it , i have raced at lakeland and done well both times i did better than my friend with the mtx3, not saying that one is better than the other is how you drive the car , my friend has broken his mugen more times that have with the serpent, it doesnt matter what car you drive is how you drive , look at Paul Wynn with his r-12 , i had the r-12 it was a very fast car but it was too fragile , but i also hit the wall more than Paul ,my point is if you dont wreck you wont break!!! My laps have drop alot at lakeland since i got the 710, but thats my choice of cars. here is a picture at lakeland
Serpent first place with the red car in the middle(me and my 710) second place to my left (Kyosho) and finally third to my right a (another kyosho)my friend with mugen (not in picture)finished 4th.
Hi, dont get me wrong.. I drive S710 and loves it too. I'm just wondering, what previous car that you have owned and driven before you got S710?
Old 03-23-2004, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Pyramid
Hi, dont get me wrong.. I drive S710 and loves it too. I'm just wondering, what previous car that you have owned and driven before you got S710?
i had the impulse pro, before that the schumacher R12,Serpent Impulse,Nitro Tc3,GS Vision Pro,GS Sonic 1/8 on-road , Serpent Vector.Hpi Rs4 Racer2,TC3 (electric),Corally 1/12th scale,Hpi Rs4 pro 2(electric)and a Trinity switchblade 1/12th scale.Oh i forgot and a Serpent impulse that i converted over to a 235mm with a Novamega .15 Evo 4 to race in Outlaw class,HPI Rs4 3 RTR that i ran in the HPI Challenge!

Last edited by Marcos.J; 03-23-2004 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm on the West Coast and the car of chose out here is the Mugen... I had one but after driving the Team Magic G4, I sold the Mugen the next day... That being said, you can't go wrong with any of the top 3-4 brands on the market today. The Serpent 710 by far is the most tunable 1/10 on the market today. It might be alittle much for some, but for those who have been in the hobby for awhile and since Serpent's US office is in the FL. area, there you go... Mugen US office happens to be in SoCal. I wanted to be different and I can't say enough about the Trinity/TM- G4. Both throttle and steering servos are layed down and super low CG... I believe everyone can make a pitch for there car and like Motorman said in a earlier post, every car has it's plus and minuse's... I guess what I'm trying to say, you can't go wrong with any car you choose. It all comes down to the driver, parts availablity and support. Go to the local RC race way in your area and see what everyone is driving... Now, do you want to be like them??? Or do you want to be different... Mugen is coming out with a new car later in the year... Yokomo's new car comes out in June 04... You really can't be the new kid on the block when everyone changes there cars every year or so... And while the Serpent 710 is new, go ask a 705 owner who bought there car in Nov 03 how they feel when now there 705 is old news... Still a great car, but I think you know what I'm saying. Isn't this hobby fun...

RC_Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.