R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-23-2004, 08:51 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
what is that another 1st place for serpent 710!!!!
[/IMG] SERPENT RULES, BOW to the master SERPENT
[/B][/QUOTE]

this is all very nice but could you just tell us what are the pros for the 710 other than making you winning races ?
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:52 AM   #17
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
I'm on the West Coast and the car of chose out here is the Mugen... I had one but after driving the Team Magic G4, I sold the Mugen the next day... That being said, you can't go wrong with any of the top 3-4 brands on the market today. The Serpent 710 by far is the most tunable 1/10 on the market today. It might be alittle much for some, but for those who have been in the hobby for awhile and since Serpent's US office is in the FL. area, there you go... Mugen US office happens to be in SoCal. I wanted to be different and I can't say enough about the Trinity/TM- G4. Both throttle and steering servos are layed down and super low CG... I believe everyone can make a pitch for there car and like Motorman said in a earlier post, every car has it's plus and minuse's... I guess what I'm trying to say, you can't go wrong with any car you choose. It all comes down to the driver, parts availablity and support. Go to the local RC race way in your area and see what everyone is driving... Now, do you want to be like them??? Or do you want to be different... Mugen is coming out with a new car later in the year... Yokomo's new car comes out in June 04... You really can't be the new kid on the block when everyone changes there cars every year or so... And while the Serpent 710 is new, go ask a 705 owner who bought there car in Nov 03 how they feel when now there 705 is old news... Still a great car, but I think you know what I'm saying. Isn't this hobby fun...

RC_Alan
thats going to be the next car that i want to try out the trinity G-4 my friend has one and that car is awsome he gave me a good run for the money at our last club race, cant wait to try it , i also wnat to try to get the Kyosho FW-05R
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:55 AM   #18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Data

this is all very nice but could you just tell us what are the pros for the 710 other than making you winning races ? [/B]
well is like rc_alan said, the car has so much tuning capabilities that you can fine tune the car much more than some of the cars out there. To many too mention but it is all on the drivers preference,I got my 710 from a friend of mine that raced the mugen mtx 3 and he sold it to get the 710 ,didnt like it so he sold it to me and he got the mugen mtx3 back so it all depends mainly on the driver.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:56 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

As far as Motors... Novarossi NS3 for the bang for the buck... Any top end Mod. NovaMaga or NovaMugen... If you can find one, the 5 port black Rossi Pixy Or fastest motor right now... The new Orange Head 3-port turbo button NovaMax .12... $300.00 and over 1.6 legal hp's..

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #20
Tech Master

Great collections... I believe my first car is that 1/12 scale 2WD tamiya which I forgot already what tipe of chassis with that checkpoint modified motor back in 1990 equipped with that sanyo 1200SC battery I think.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:59 AM   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Great collections... I believe my first car is that 1/12 scale 2WD tamiya which I forgot already what tipe of chassis with that checkpoint modified motor back in 1990 equipped with that sanyo 1200SC battery I think.
yes i like the 1/12 th scale mine had a 4 cell with a stock motor and that thing was a rocket,they are very hard to drive and set up but if you can drive them i guess you can drive almost anything.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:02 AM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
As far as Motors... Novarossi NS3 for the bang for the buck... Any top end Mod. NovaMaga or NovaMugen... If you can find one, the 5 port black Rossi Pixy Or fastest motor right now... The new Orange Head 3-port turbo button NovaMax .12... $300.00 and over 1.6 legal hp's..

RC_Alan
Hi rc_alan.. I think you will chose the RR12L5/L3 after you have tried one. You will have more than enough self convidence against those Maxpower 5P NSR based. Definately much more bottom to mid but about 1/200sec slower on about 70m straightways. The best part, price is the same with NSR3/5.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:18 AM   #23
Tech Adept

RR12L5...

HIya, i agree with what Pyramid said about this engine. Coz i am running one at the moment..... 1/200th slower than NSR 5, with the right gearing and clutch setup i am certain the RR12L5 would be quicker !!! This thing is ballistic in bottom and mid. There was a 710 with a NSR5 last sunday, it was the quickest car around until my G4 E class came along and blew him away at the first meeting this year with a new car. The NSR5 is suppose to be the engine to be used by top drivers over here in the UK for 200mm open class coz the RR12L5 is not imported in yet !!

Xtreme888
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:30 AM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
RR12L5...

HIya, i agree with what Pyramid said about this engine. Coz i am running one at the moment..... 1/200th slower than NSR 5, with the right gearing and clutch setup i am certain the RR12L5 would be quicker !!! This thing is ballistic in bottom and mid. There was a 710 with a NSR5 last sunday, it was the quickest car around until my G4 E class came along and blew him away at the first meeting this year with a new car. The NSR5 is suppose to be the engine to be used by top drivers over here in the UK for 200mm open class coz the RR12L5 is not imported in yet !!

Xtreme888
not 1/200 slower than Novarossi NSR 5 but by MAXpower 5 ports NSR based engine (with S5 on that orange head marking)

Very interesting that you blast those S710 (the most free drive train car available) with your G4 (even if you have change the belt, there would always still a drag brake fell off throttle)
Old 03-23-2004, 09:32 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Hey Marcos, is there any place in the Bay Area where I can test out both cars with out driving all the way to Kissimee?

Okay I called Mugen about the MTX-4 rumor and they just said there are not going to be any new cars this year.

I could not find the serpent number so I could not ask them any questions.
If someone could please list out the pluses and the minuses it would be much appreciated. And now the Team Magic G4 has added a whole new dimension to my pain in choosing a nitro tourer.

Thanks!
Nirav Patel
amgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by amgman
Hey Marcos, is there any place in the Bay Area where I can test out both cars with out driving all the way to Kissimee?

Okay I called Mugen about the MTX-4 rumor and they just said there are not going to be any new cars this year.

I could not find the serpent number so I could not ask them any questions.
If someone could please list out the pluses and the minuses it would be much appreciated. And now the Team Magic G4 has added a whole new dimension to my pain in choosing a nitro tourer.

Thanks!
Nirav Patel
speedline hobbies has open practice on mondays wednesday and fridays from 12 pm to 7pm.
Serpents # is 305-639-9665
Old 03-23-2004, 12:53 PM   #27
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by amgman

Thanks!
Nirav Patel
I doubt that Mugen will tell you if they will come out with a new car this year. The companies are all like that. They don't tell anything pretty much until the car is released. Then people knows about them.
B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 02:14 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default CARS

I dont care what car anyone runs, all I know is that I run a MUGEN MTX-3 . Any car would benefit useing these!
Old 03-23-2004, 02:34 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

You mean these?

stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 02:45 PM   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
You mean these?
nice picture stefan, I tried those tires today myself and i like them.Awsome tire.