R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to staikosn1

Yes, its missing 1 more servo,a starter box, a pipe...
Old 01-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by staikosn1 View Post
Yes, its missing 1 more servo,a starter box, a pipe...
Well I'm at a loss for a throttle servo, any suggestions? Same for a tire setter, pipe/header...

EDIT: Alright! I'm REALLY excited! Here is my current shopping list!

Just get rid of the space in the word "customer" in this url and add the correct beginning...

amainhobbies.com/public_wish_lists.php?action=search_by_id&search_c ustomer_id=156734

I don't think I'm missing anything now! Altough the set of tire/wheels I have are just starters...

Last edited by 92GTA; 01-25-2010 at 08:36 PM.
92GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GTA View Post
Well I'm at a loss for a throttle servo, any suggestions? Same for a tire setter, pipe/header...

EDIT: Alright! I'm REALLY excited! Here is my current shopping list!

Just get rid of the space in the word "customer" in this url and add the correct beginning...

amainhobbies.com/public_wish_lists.php?action=search_by_id&search_c ustomer_id=156734

I don't think I'm missing anything now! Altough the set of tire/wheels I have are just starters...
As some other have said earlier in this thread, the shimo is kind of a top level kit that will only benefit you for circuit racing. you can get another rrr (evo, wc, evo2.. whatever, same thing really) and it will be just as good and you should be able to find them cheap especially if you go used.

I would skip the brushless servos, look at ace, orion or something else for around $80 each (you need two), you need torque of 120+oz, and speed of 0.15 or lower, thats it for touring car for what you want to do.

If you just want to have the top stuff then you are close, just swap the radio for the 4pk if you want to stay futaba for any reason and it will be bling. check out 3racing parts for titanium and other metal shiny stuff.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
As some other have said earlier in this thread, the shimo is kind of a top level kit that will only benefit you for circuit racing. you can get another rrr (evo, wc, evo2.. whatever, same thing really) and it will be just as good and you should be able to find them cheap especially if you go used.

I would skip the brushless servos, look at ace, orion or something else for around $80 each (you need two), you need torque of 120+oz, and speed of 0.15 or lower, thats it for touring car for what you want to do.

If you just want to have the top stuff then you are close, just swap the radio for the 4pk if you want to stay futaba for any reason and it will be bling. check out 3racing parts for titanium and other metal shiny stuff.
Thanks! I might get into circuit racing someday, I can always put a .12 engine into it at that time, this .18 OS won't last forever lol! I can learn suspension in the meantime and get more practice. The older RRR's seem to still go for $439 or better and if something comes up, I think this will resale for more. Plus it's worth that much extra to me to have the latest and greatest.

I'll look into those other servos, thanks. I saw the better Futaba radios but I know I wouldn't use any of the more advanced features at this point.

I have to admit I'm really not the least bit into bling, if I could keep everything grays and blue I would be much happier, I really can't stand chrome lol.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GTA View Post
Ok, this is my list thus far. What do you guys think so far?

I still need to choose a 7.2v battery pack and some wheels/tires, pipe/header, & tire setter. Anything else I'm missing?! I also changed from O'Donnell fuel to Byron 20%.

Thanks!
Your going to need two servos one for throttle & steering.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson View Post
Your going to need two servos one for throttle & steering.
Thanks, I decided to just get another of the same servo I planned on for the steering rather look for something cheaper...

I'm about sure on everything and ready to order, I just want to be sure the exhaust manifold and pipe are the best choice at this point...
Old 01-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to staikosn1

You investigate too much money for parking lots mate!
With half money you get a rtr for 6-7 months just to understand how to set up,to break in the engine etc...
Its up to you!! Cheers....
Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by staikosn1 View Post
You investigate too much money for parking lots mate!
With half money you get a rtr for 6-7 months just to understand how to set up,to break in the engine etc...
Its up to you!! Cheers....
I think most of us here have tried to knock that through to him but its either not getting through his defenses of leaking out the holes before he's had chance to really grasp and understand it.

So just let him get what he wants and enjoy it. I'm sure we've all been down that path at one time or another.......lawl
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #24
Tech Regular

92GTA

Just be sure you take pictures of it before you put it down on the pavement. so you can remember it in all its glory before anything happens to it.

...and for god sakes get a failsafe and put it on the car too! AMainhobbies has those too.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #25
Tech Rookie

Default now this is funy

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha take pick hahahahahhahahahhhaaaaaa

Last edited by mustang1129; 01-26-2010 at 04:52 PM.
mustang1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo83 View Post
92GTA

Just be sure you take pictures of it before you put it down on the pavement. so you can remember it in all its glory before anything happens to it.

...and for god sakes get a failsafe and put it on the car too! AMainhobbies has those too.
The Futaba I chose says it comes with a fail-safe feature. Once it gets here I'll check it out and see how good it appears to be.

I will take pictures but I usually take time to clean things after heavy use whether it be my cars or motorcycles so the same will go for my nitro car. I wasn't the best about it with my HPI but I will with this one.

Last edited by 92GTA; 01-26-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang1129 View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha take pick hahahahahhahahahhhaaaaaa
What's funny about it. alot of people take pictures of the newly built RC car. Some even do it during different stages of the build.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
What's funny about it. alot of people take pictures of the newly built RC car. Some even do it during different stages of the build.
That fool edited and changed his reply 3 times and has 1 post, don't feed the trolls
Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #29
Tech Regular

BTW.....do you own a stater box?(bump-box)
Old 01-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
BTW.....do you own a stater box?(bump-box)
No, I'm going to buy the Kyosho Multi Starter Box Pro 2.0 as the manual suggested. Plus it seems to be the least expensive anyway.