R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Tech Master
 
CanyonCarverR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,340
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Xceed 1/8 tires -reg. vs. lite weight

Looking for a little feedback here. I'm getting ready to order tires for this summer and have decided on Xceed brand. Can all of you who have experience with them tell me what tell me what you think of the regular weight compared to the lite weight versons.
Thanks,
G
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Serpent_Gordo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Snake Pit
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
Looking for a little feedback here. I'm getting ready to order tires for this summer and have decided on Xceed brand. Can all of you who have experience with them tell me what tell me what you think of the regular weight compared to the lite weight versons.
Thanks,
G
Reg Tires are good but they handle much differently. I run xceed lightweights and i prefer them over regs. anyday!! they have more grip and more steering and make the car react faster. They are a little bit less resilient than the Reg but if you are going to buy serious foam tires you shouldnt be bouncing off walls anyway anyways i would go with Lightweights if you know you are not going to be bouncing off walls but if so go with regulars.
__________________
Serpent America, Picco, KO Propo, Maxy's Racing Fuel, Enetti, Mi Familia
Christian Lopez
Serpent_Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca.
Posts: 1,937
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motojon
Default

To add to Gordos comment, with the light weights u save on a lot of suspension parts when u do impact the boards at times (or at least I do). they'll break but they also take a lot of energy away from the rest of the car so usually the only thing that does break is the wheel not the car
__________________
My Gpa(RIP)
motojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
gotmotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo View Post
Reg Tires are good but they handle much differently. I run xceed lightweights and i prefer them over regs. anyday!! they have more grip and more steering and make the car react faster. They are a little bit less resilient than the Reg but if you are going to buy serious foam tires you shouldnt be bouncing off walls anyway anyways i would go with Lightweights if you know you are not going to be bouncing off walls but if so go with regulars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojon View Post
To add to Gordos comment, with the light weights u save on a lot of suspension parts when u do impact the boards at times (or at least I do). they'll break but they also take a lot of energy away from the rest of the car so usually the only thing that does break is the wheel not the car
First of all these are Serpent drivers being a Mugen driver you shouldn't listen to them, they will guide you in the wrong way maybe after the Novarossi race, then and only then you can take there word(Me I wouldn't)P.S I love watermelon
__________________
RcTarget~KO~VP Fuel~OS~Matrix
gotmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
CanyonCarverR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,340
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmotor View Post
First of all these are Serpent drivers being a Mugen driver you shouldn't listen to them, they will guide you in the wrong way maybe after the Novarossi race, then and only then you can take there word(Me I wouldn't)P.S I love watermelon
You been sittn` in front of the computer in your underwear for too long!
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:07 AM   #6
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,280
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

The lightweight rims are to fragile, if you are not close (within 0.5 sec a lap) to the toplevel drivers you should stick with the normal rims
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Tech Adept
 
RCAKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
Looking for a little feedback here. I'm getting ready to order tires for this summer and have decided on Xceed brand. Can all of you who have experience with them tell me what tell me what you think of the regular weight compared to the lite weight versons.
Thanks,
G
I have seen to many people drop out of a race due to the light weight rim breaking. for as much time as you will gain ( hardly none ) i would rather finnish then get tookin out due to a rim malfunction. stick with the regular ones just my two cents
__________________
sponsors
Murnan Modified Motors- RbM3
Rc America- Nt1
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmotor View Post
First of all these are Serpent drivers being a Mugen driver you shouldn't listen to them, they will guide you in the wrong way maybe after the Novarossi race, then and only then you can take there word(Me I wouldn't)P.S I love watermelon
Shut up Matt!!
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

if for fun also choice STD wheel
racer also use LW wheel .
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

The xceed foams are sooo fragile..

accidently clipped a wall, and broke the spokes...

installed a new pair.. going good, then tried to overtake another guy on the track, and broke the spoke again..

Im going to try matrix foams next.. anyone have any feedback on them?
LiL_JaSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #11
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley
Default

I run the xceed lights for qualifying at the bigger races. I believe they are 20grams lighter. I wouldnt run them in a main tho.
sheeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net