R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-14-2010, 04:20 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 78 View Post
Hi Andrew, did you clean off the coating anodizing that it on the 2 speed housing at all ? i did have issues with my 2 speed at the start but after making slight adjustments after a few practice runs works perfect know. try to persist with it because i beleive the kyosho change is $$$$. just make sure the centre is nice and secure and then adjust the 2 outer screws so the screw head is level with the cut out where it slots in then make small adjustments from there on the track. did you get all the upgrade parts for the 2 speed i know the locally purchased ones come standard with them.

Cheers Michael
Michael:

I am not sure about the updated two speed as all the packaging is different. However i have access to it, what difference does it make? Also are you talking about the green annodizing that the two speed shoes grip on to?

Thanks
Andrew
Old 02-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Michael:

I am not sure about the updated two speed as all the packaging is different. However i have access to it, what difference does it make? Also are you talking about the green annodizing that the two speed shoes grip on to?

Thanks
Andrew
Andrew, yes remove the green anodizing (it will slip on the anodizing)and the updates are instead of the little balls you get lets say a little longer pin to fit in there which you adjust the centre by and also there is an upgrade on the actual 2 speed springs a stronger spring is the new one. hard to actually explain.

Cheers Michael
Mike 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #48
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up 981 Gold Edition

Does anyone know when this car will be available? I know they displayed it at the Toy Show.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Quote:
Andrew, yes remove the green anodizing (it will slip on the anodizing)and the updates are instead of the little balls you get lets say a little longer pin to fit in there which you adjust the centre by and also there is an upgrade on the actual 2 speed springs a stronger spring is the new one. hard to actually explain.

Cheers Michael
Hi Michael

Just to let you know, i have removed the anodizing as suggested and hope to give that a try this weekend. I also got suggested to try adjusting the two speed the other way to make sure it isn't changing early.

Hope to see how it goes, weather pending!!!

Thanks again and have a good weekend
Andrew
Old 02-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #50
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi Michael

Just to let you know, i have removed the anodizing as suggested and hope to give that a try this weekend. I also got suggested to try adjusting the two speed the other way to make sure it isn't changing early.

Hope to see how it goes, weather pending!!!

Thanks again and have a good weekend
Andrew
No worries Andrew i'm going have play with my Edam on sunday at moorebank, we will see how she goes still running in my T9rc.

Anyway goodluck.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Quote:
No worries Andrew i'm going have play with my Edam on sunday at moorebank, we will see how she goes still running in my T9rc.

Anyway goodluck.
Hi Mike

Sorry didn't get to run this weekend as have been sick since Friday. Did you get to run?

Thanks
Andrew
Old 02-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi Mike

Sorry didn't get to run this weekend as have been sick since Friday. Did you get to run?

Thanks
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

had a run yesterday, went ok could only manage to qualify 19th 1st qualifing run my T9 didnt make run time, 2nd qualifier reciver lipo went flat (my fault) and 3rd qualifier got taken out by someone that racing for a sheep station somewhere bent a new rb pipe but luckly no damage to the car one the C final by a lap and was running 2nd in the B final until a made a small error and the car flamed out whilst upside down missing the bump up by 1 position and 3 or 4 laps. for the car it was great no 2 speed problems at all and the handling was excellent will now start working on lightening the car down to the weight limit especially now the T9rc is starting to come on nicely.
anyway i was the only edam there but i had a good day out with great bunch of people.

Cheers Michael
Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi Andrew,

had a run yesterday, went ok could only manage to qualify 19th 1st qualifing run my T9 didnt make run time, 2nd qualifier reciver lipo went flat (my fault) and 3rd qualifier got taken out by someone that racing for a sheep station somewhere bent a new rb pipe but luckly no damage to the car one the C final by a lap and was running 2nd in the B final until a made a small error and the car flamed out whilst upside down missing the bump up by 1 position and 3 or 4 laps. for the car it was great no 2 speed problems at all and the handling was excellent will now start working on lightening the car down to the weight limit especially now the T9rc is starting to come on nicely.
anyway i was the only edam there but i had a good day out with great bunch of people.

Cheers Michael
Michael

Thanks for the update... shame about the pipe. Whats happening with Edam in NSW, it appears some people have stopped running them which is a shame.

Cheers
Andy
Old 02-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #54
Tech Regular

Quote:
Michael

Thanks for the update... shame about the pipe. Whats happening with Edam in NSW, it appears some people have stopped running them which is a shame.

Cheers
Andy
Andrew,

The Edam following is very strong at Penrith and Sormcc at Moorebank you get a range of Kyosho, Serpent, Team Magic, Xray & Shepherd with normally only 2 Edam's at the most racing there on a club day.

It will only get stronger when the car gets some good results which i feel are not that far away you only have to have a look at who is running them you have Jesse Davis, Craig Hawkins and a number of very talented people steering them at the moment and don't forget they placed 2nd at the nationals and the Vic's in pull start as well.

Cheers Michael
Old 03-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #55
Tech Rookie

Here are some pics of my Edam Spirit 982
I have put on titanium skrews on top and titanium pivotballs.
The car weighs 1710g redy to run (with 59,5mm tires in rear, and 58mm in front).
Attached Thumbnails
Edam Spirit 10th Scale-edam-1.jpg   Edam Spirit 10th Scale-edam-2.jpg   Edam Spirit 10th Scale-edam-3.jpg  
big n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #56
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by big n View Post
The car weighs 1710g redy to run (with 59,5mm tires in rear, and 58mm in front).
only one problim it has to weigh 1725
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #57
Tech Regular

Quote:
Nice ....

What is the clutch?
getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #58
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAKid View Post
only one problim it has to weigh 1725
Well its no problem, i only have to weighten the car 10-15 grams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getpip View Post
Nice ....

What is the clutch?
The clutch is an Sirio Power clutch (kyosho pinions), to be able to use it on the Edam you have to shim out the gearbox 3mm, you can use the same bearing thats in the 2nd speed to do this. You also have to dremel the shaft, because you have to move the shaft aprox. 3 mm to the right side.
big n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #59
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hey Big n,

Thats great i just put my edam on a diet and got it down to 1685g with 6omm fronts and 62mm rears also with ti chassis screws and alloy top screws ti rear layshaft. This suits me perfect now i can add weight down low to increase the cars stability and centre of gravity may look at this like brass battery holder etc to bring it up to 1725g. i will post some pictures next weekend i'm away on business all this week leaving soon.

Cheers Michael
keep on edaming baby
Old 03-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #60
Tech Initiate

Went out with spirit yesterday and i don't know whats happened but it was handling like a pig, NO REAR grip and very little front. My setup is pretty basic. 30wt oil in rear shocks 50wt in front. 50,000 in front diff and 30,000 in rear. 6.5mm ride height front 7 rear (I would lower this but its as low as it will go) Camber is so tyres wear flat. -1 toe out at front +2 toe in at back. Roll bars were semi-hard.

What is wrong with that setup, my track is a low grip track, with fast bits and some tight bits.

Any help would be helpful
Thanks
Luke