Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Edam Spirit 10th Scale >

Edam Spirit 10th Scale

Edam Spirit 10th Scale

Old 12-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Edam and JPM Racing for help and support this year, especially to Joe at JPM for his great service and support. I have been helping my brother Richard is his first year of racing and Edam Spirit has been a great choice for him.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and happy and safe New Years...

Thanks
Andrew
Old 12-16-2012, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Andy, Abbey and Harry and Luke for all your help this year. Its been great learning the ropes with the Edam. Joe at JPM has also been a great help. He hasn't got the shits with me emailing him with random questions just yet. I'm still deciding what to do next year... Andy has suggested golf. I have been know to throw golf clubs in my frustration with that game
Old 12-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by richardc7696
Thanks Andy, Abbey and Harry and Luke for all your help this year. Its been great learning the ropes with the Edam. Joe at JPM has also been a great help. He hasn't got the shits with me emailing him with random questions just yet. I'm still deciding what to do next year... Andy has suggested golf. I have been know to throw golf clubs in my frustration with that game
Maybe turn the tables and pit for Andy. Perhaps I'll have to join him so he has someone to Whoop!!

Richard, you've done well and it's hard to see it, your driving is so much better, consistent and we hope you stick with it in 2013. I can honestly say that the transition from being passed to passing happens very suddenly, and from there its a long road to be first across the line. I hope you can enjoy the journey as we value you both as RC buddies on Friday nights.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
Maybe turn the tables and pit for Andy. Perhaps I'll have to join him so he has someone to Whoop!!

Richard, you've done well and it's hard to see it, your driving is so much better, consistent and we hope you stick with it in 2013. I can honestly say that the transition from being passed to passing happens very suddenly, and from there its a long road to be first across the line. I hope you can enjoy the journey as we value you both as RC buddies on Friday nights.
I did say either Golf or Fishing, but golf we can drink and be merry... and best of all the only hack is the one with club

Harry no point me driving, in less then 5 minutes car is broken and i still get hacked while trying to get out of the way of the fast group.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
I did say either Golf or Fishing, but golf we can drink and be merry... and best of all the only hack is the one with club

Harry no point me driving, in less then 5 minutes car is broken and i still get hacked while trying to get out of the way of the fast group.
Andrew all the more reason to move on to Pro Touring and racing the full track where there's more opportunity for clean passing and better driving etiquette. It's the sad truth that until you are the passer and not the passed, some feel that you are game. You know I dont like it, the decision is yours and it is respected.

We had to deal with it for the first few years as we developed, the more time you have on the stand with the other drivers, the more patient they are with you and then as you transition from passed to passer, you enter another level of drama, dealing with the vanity of drivers that were once quicker and can't get over it.

The real answer to the problems is to race regularly in sanctioned events where a broad spectrum of quality drivers are in the field. Over time they get to know you, respect your performance level and give you room to race to your own pace. Its hard mate, I know, we've been pushed into the wall many times by impatient drivers and we've also witnessed many fast guys allow us room to run.

Again, you are valued at the club and it's a sensitive matter than many find hard to find an answer to.

h
Old 12-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Andrew all the more reason to move on to Pro Touring and racing the full track where there's more opportunity for clean passing and better driving etiquette. It's the sad truth that until you are the passer and not the passed, some feel that you are game. You know I dont like it, the decision is yours and it is respected.

We had to deal with it for the first few years as we developed, the more time you have on the stand with the other drivers, the more patient they are with you and then as you transition from passed to passer, you enter another level of drama, dealing with the vanity of drivers that were once quicker and can't get over it.

The real answer to the problems is to race regularly in sanctioned events where a broad spectrum of quality drivers are in the field. Over time they get to know you, respect your performance level and give you room to race to your own pace. Its hard mate, I know, we've been pushed into the wall many times by impatient drivers and we've also witnessed many fast guys allow us room to run.

Again, you are valued at the club and it's a sensitive matter than many find hard to find an answer to.

h
Hi Harry

Thanks I am not sure at the moment... Will say a big thank you to Luke and yourself for all your help and time this year is always appreciated. Wishing you and the family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Abbey and I.

Do admire Richards commitment to the Edam and his persistance with sticking with it putting all others comments and opinions aside. Wish i could do that, cause i would be using all thos Team Magic bits i have at home.

Richard and I look like we are off to Bundaberg after Christmas for distillery duties and product sampling

Thanks
Andrew
Old 12-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Old 12-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Merry Christmas
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

After two days at the track we have one totalled motor and a new replacement almost run in (Thanks to Jeff @ Trackside R/C).

First time on the stand with a TG powered Edam I thought it was slow, but Richard said it looked quite good from the pit lane

My boggle is the car is faster with a softer front tyre, but it soon changes into a lot of oversteer towards the end of the run as the fronts wear faster then the rears.

I changed to same compound front and rear and it was a lot smoother, lap times are slower and doesn't quite have the same mid corner steering I would like and this is the area I think I am loosing time.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Sure I am just talking to myself out loud... but made a setup change and improved my best lap time by half a second running the same tyres front and rear which felt better mid corner.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Some cars favor a softer shore up front than the rear, others wear more even with same front and rear, though it can be effected by what your driving style is, and the final kicker is different tyre brands seem to also effect this.

The TG's always feel slow from the drivers stand, I find even more so than my electric, even turning simular lap times, really to turn a good TG lap time, the car has to be well hooked up, and very tight lines make a big difference when power is limited.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

After two days at the track we have one totalled motor and a new replacement almost run in (Thanks to Jeff @ Trackside R/C).

First time on the stand with a TG powered Edam I thought it was slow, but Richard said it looked quite good from the pit lane

My boggle is the car is faster with a softer front tyre, but it soon changes into a lot of oversteer towards the end of the run as the fronts wear faster then the rears.

I changed to same compound front and rear and it was a lot smoother, lap times are slower and doesn't quite have the same mid corner steering I would like and this is the area I think I am loosing time.
You totalled a NEW TG? Don't tell me the GRP is dead!!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

You totalled a NEW TG? Don't tell me the GRP is dead!!
Harry

Didn't end up running the GRP as its in the Xray and I have a radio issue with the car. No Richards TG died and we bought a replacement from Jeff and ran that in for him.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Harry

Didn't end up running the GRP as its in the Xray and I have a radio issue with the car. No Richards TG died and we bought a replacement from Jeff and ran that in for him.
You sellout... Whats this Edam crap
Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bishop
Some cars favor a softer shore up front than the rear, others wear more even with same front and rear, though it can be effected by what your driving style is, and the final kicker is different tyre brands seem to also effect this.

The TG's always feel slow from the drivers stand, I find even more so than my electric, even turning simular lap times, really to turn a good TG lap time, the car has to be well hooked up, and very tight lines make a big difference when power is limited.
Kerry:

Thanks i was a little thrown off with the tyres, i tried two different brands and it still felt better with the same compound all round on this car anyway. On the Xray it was a dream with my normal softer fronts and was a dream to drive. I hope it will stay like that cause i just ordered a heap of tyres...

Thanks for comments
Andrew

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.