R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #121
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Rice View Post
Two opinions for ROAR.... I know everyone has one.

#1 Those that want to qualify for the worlds, let them run the open class. Some have no intention on going to the worlds but want their chance to be a Masters Champion. If they want to run both Masters and Open, let the racers make their own decision. Don't cut a class that is almost as popular as the open class. This will only discourage some from running. A little warning would have been nice. I am not near the age for the Maters class but find this a little disappointing that this announcement was not made well before registration. When was this decided ROAR?

#2 What can you do in six qualifiers that you can't do in five. Maybe it is too late for this years Nationals but maybe next year a five qualifier Nats with longer mains. Plane ride ( or drive), hotel, food and racing expenses for 4-7 ish days, then you get a 15 minute main. This may be a long time for electric racers but for nitro racers this is short. Cut a qualifying round and extend the mains to 20, 25, 30 and 45 minutes for the lower mains. (lower mains = everything other than the 60 min A mains)
Just my opinion.

This is directed to ROAR, not the track owners.
Hi Tony,

It's great to see the interest in this event. I really hope we have a full race - I am concerned about the turn out. The economy has really punched our wallets, hard.

Coupla comments. First. The schedule is subject to change based on entries. Second. ROAR doesn't want to chase anyone away, as a matter of fact, we are very interested in good feedback to improve our racing. Third. Let's keep this thread focused on the race. eMail me with your ideas - I am happy to listen to your ideas - I will respond to you. I have had a few very good eMails with ideas already (thanks John Peck).

my eMail is Rich Browne <[email protected]>, use your real name and ROAR member number in your eMail to me

Also, gang, please review the National Guidelines, available at the ROAR website. The Nation Guidelines are modified yearly by the ExCom - if you see rules you think could be changed to help increase racing - please, speak up. ROAR will be opening a Members Forum soon on our site to discuss what racers would like to see. Yes, real names will be mandatory as will ROAR numbers and current membership.

Last edited by Rich Browne; 03-13-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #122
Tech Regular

Sorry to waste my and other peoples time.

1) We need to have a 1/8th Masters class at the Lincoln National Race. We Should have 28 to 40 racers in that class and these are the Guys that buy things and have kept Fuel On-Road racing going to this point.

2) Sorry, but if you feel you need to run 1/8th open you do not need to run 1/8th Masters. Pick your group.

3) World races do not create or bring back racers with World events. If you would like to attend the Worlds bring alot of money and I am sure they will let you race with a resume that states you would like to race. That should take care of it.

4) We (ROAR) are holding a national race in a couple of weeks for Carpet on-road and none of the classes at that event will have as many pre-entries as we will have in 1/8th Masters this year.

5) Five rounds of qualifing is a good plan. We need a minimum of 20 minute mains unless there are weather issues on the main day.

There is a saying "He who does the work call the shots". If it were not for a bunch of 1/8th Masters racers, a very few of us would still be running on Temp. tracks in the middle of a parking lot. If anyone would let us use the parking lot and wanted to do the work of putting up the track every week.
Sorry, ROAR is not doing the work. They are renting the track.
XPHamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #123
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Rice View Post
Two opinions for ROAR.... I know everyone has one.

#1 Those that want to qualify for the worlds, let them run the open class. Some have no intention on going to the worlds but want their chance to be a Masters Champion. If they want to run both Masters and Open, let the racers make their own decision. Don't cut a class that is almost as popular as the open class. This will only discourage some from running. A little warning would have been nice. I am not near the age for the Maters class but find this a little disappointing that this announcement was not made well before registration. When was this decided ROAR?

#2 What can you do in six qualifiers that you can't do in five. Maybe it is too late for this years Nationals but maybe next year a five qualifier Nats with longer mains. Plane ride ( or drive), hotel, food and racing expenses for 4-7 ish days, then you get a 15 minute main. This may be a long time for electric racers but for nitro racers this is short. Cut a qualifying round and extend the mains to 20, 25, 30 and 45 minutes for the lower mains. (lower mains = everything other than the 60 min A mains)
Just my opinion.

This is directed to ROAR, not the track owners.
I agree and second that
bmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #124
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPHamer View Post

1) We need to have a 1/8th Masters class at the Lincoln National Race. We Should have 28 to 40 racers in that class and these are the Guys that buy things and have kept Fuel On-Road racing going to this point.

2) Sorry, but if you feel you need to run 1/8th open you do not need to run 1/8th Masters. Pick your group.

3) World races do not create or bring back racers with World events. If you would like to attend the Worlds bring alot of money and I am sure they will let you race with a resume that states you would like to race. That should take care of it.

4) We (ROAR) are holding a national race in a couple of weeks for Carpet on-road and none of the classes at that event will have as many pre-entries as we will have in 1/8th Masters this year.

5) Five rounds of qualifing is a good plan. We need a minimum of 20 minute mains unless there are weather issues on the main day.

There is a saying "He who does the work call the shots". If it were not for a bunch of 1/8th Masters racers, a very few of us would still be running on Temp. tracks in the middle of a parking lot. If anyone would let us use the parking lot and wanted to do the work of putting up the track every week.
Sorry, ROAR is not doing the work. They are renting the track.
Agree and second that as well
Old 03-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #125
Tech Regular

I still have not decided to attend this event or not. What will keep me away is

- No master class
- short lower mains, I do not think a roar national event should have less then a 25 munites Main and 5 or less qualifiers. If you can not get a good run in 4 tries there are still bump ups and if you are good enough for the Amain you can always race your way in. Howard Bortman did not have a good qualifying run at the nats at 301 raceway and ended up racing in 3 or 4 mains bumping up each time. That will be one national event he (and myself)will remember for a long time because of the bump ups.

my .02

Bill McLean roar # 13-76634
Old 03-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #126
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPHamer View Post

Thanks for the input Ted. Like I said, feel free to eMail me with your ideas. I don't want to see this turn into a negative thread. I am listening and I will pass along your feeling. ROAR is opening a private "Member only" Forum to discuss issues just like this.

I have stated the reasons why it is, currently, two classes. There is not a desire to T-Off the Masters. Keep the logic compelling and non-confrontational. We will all gain from that approach.

Rich
Old 03-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #127
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
I don't want to see this turn into a negative thread.
Good luck Rich, this is r/c racing and rctech, Have you been over to the electric forums lately?

See you in June!

Paul
Old 03-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #128
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
Good luck Rich, this is r/c racing and rctech, Have you been over to the electric forums lately?

See you in June!

Paul
Hi Paul!!

Looking forward to seeing you as well. I have been gone for what seems an eternity. It was great to see so many faces at the Pre-Worlds in Houston. Have to say the outpouring of kindness and friendship I was given/shown during my darkest time by my fellow racers has been deeply appreciated.

Now, back to this thread - I tried electric racing - well, let's just say, I prefer Gas. The good thing this isn't the electric thread and I'm not here to fight. I just want this to be a great event - FOR EVERYONE.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #129
Z
Tech Master

Track Schedule, Hotel info, and Pit Space info can be found at: www.mrorc.com. Click on the ROAR Nats link on the left side of the page.

Z
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #130
Tech Addict

Are there any pictures of the track on your website? I may have missed them, but could not find them.
Thanks for your help,
Roger
Max Power/RC America - Mike's Hobby Shop - SRC Tires/RC America
Getting Faster With Age, Hope to see many more birthdays!
Woodlands Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #131
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47
Default nats masters

I belive roar masters earened the right to have that class since most of us put in 30 years of racing and holding races with roar over those years. To say we combined those to races is not fair to masters and the factory boys that are much faster than us and in might have there best qaul. taken out because of aging eyes. ROAR leave masters class as is. not getting younger
Old 03-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #132
Tech Master

I just checked the club web site and it said there is practice starting Tuesday June 8th

Has ROAR rule 12.3.1 been removed?

this question was asked on 1-22-10 and a reply was posted on 2-25-10

that practice will start on June 9th

what other changes are we in for?

No masters class ,now date changes whats next?
FORT MYERS R/C CAR CLUB MEMBER 1983-2017--FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1988-2017
jrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #133
Tech Adept

Default Entry refund policy

What is the entry fee refund policy for this race?

Mark Sweeney
ROAR 9324
MJSGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #134
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary47 View Post
I belive roar masters earened the right to have that class since most of us put in 30 years of racing and holding races with roar over those years. To say we combined those to races is not fair to masters and the factory boys that are much faster than us and in might have there best qaul. taken out because of aging eyes. ROAR leave masters class as is. not getting younger
+1 run a master's class
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #135
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
Has ROAR rule 12.3.1 been removed?
I don't now about the rule but how do you really enforce it anyway? I mean it's a permanent track so the locals have months or years of practice.

The nats at 301 had people there weeks in advance of the event, including me
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote