R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #106
Tech Addict
 
gesser26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
Posts: 590
Default

I went ahead and signed up for both open and masters.
All seems to be fine at the moment.
See you there.
Greg Esser
gesser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #107
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Looks like a great track. I am hoping I can attend this year
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #108
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 174
Default Masters

Attn Rich Browne

I do not see a spot to sign up for 1/8 Masters, am I missing something?

Thank you,
Mark Sweeney
MJSGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #109
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSGas View Post
Attn Rich Browne

I do not see a spot to sign up for 1/8 Masters, am I missing something?

Thank you,
Mark Sweeney

Hi Mark,

On the entry form there is a place to list your date of birth. Determines Masters eligibility. Due to anticipated 1/8th demand (Worlds Qualifier) the Masters will be running, as qualified, in the general field. The highest placed Master will be the Class winner, next highest place will be second and so on. If you would like to comment, you may reach me - Rich Browne <[email protected]>
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #110
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 83
Questions?? Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
Hi Mark,

On the entry form there is a place to list your date of birth. Determines Masters eligibility. Due to anticipated 1/8th demand (Worlds Qualifier) the Masters will be running, as qualified, in the general field. The highest placed Master will be the Class winner, next highest place will be second and so on. If you would like to comment, you may reach me - Rich Browne <[email protected]>
Is there a bit of a flaw here, or am I missing something? What if the TQ in masters is the only masters entry in their main? Seems to me they would be the only one running in the longer duration main, and therefore wouldn't even have to race within the class. Is this a potential loophole/oversight, or incorrect analysis??
fuelgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #111
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

,
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #112
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelgun View Post
Is there a bit of a flaw here, or am I missing something? What if the TQ in masters is the only masters entry in their main? Seems to me they would be the only one running in the longer duration main, and therefore wouldn't even have to race within the class. Is this a potential loophole/oversight, or incorrect analysis??
Sounds as though you found an interesting potential loophole.

It is ROAR's goal to put on an excellent event. What makes this year special is many drivers will be competing to represent Team USA at the Worlds. Remember, Masters is a provisional class - this is a Worlds Qualifier.
Considering the stature of this event this is our best solution to allow the Masters Class to participate. Feel free to eMail me if you guys have any additional suggestions. I don't want to tie the thread up too much. We will figure a solution that will work for all prior to starting the event.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #113
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 421
Default

Sounds to me if you are the only Masters entry in a main your place is locked and you get to save fuel and tires - no use running you probably won't advance and you can't fall back. Maybe we should just hold our own event.
__________________
Empire Racing - RC Target - Capricorn - K.O. Propo Electronics - IGT8 2017
Time for us all to grow up and sign our real names on posts.
Rick Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #114
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Maybe we should just hold our own event.
Just like the Masters in golf.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #115
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,165
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
Just like the Masters in golf.
Rich got a couple of friends & there wondering is there a cutoff since it is not listed
Thanks in advance
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #116
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Rich got a couple of friends & there wondering is there a cutoff since it is not listed
Thanks in advance
Hi George,

Not quite clear on your question...

sorry,
Rich
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #117
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,165
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
Hi George,

Not quite clear on your question...

sorry,
Rich
entry limit
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #118
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
entry limit
Thanks for clarifying;

Dry answer, but it is accurate.

From the 2010 ROAR National Guidelines -

13) Entry to National Events: Limits and Procedures
a) Entry limits are placed on all ROAR nationals to ensure that all entrants receive
adequate practice and race time at the event. Entry limits may not be altered past maximums
stated in these Guidelines without Executive Committee approval.
b) The Host should notify the ROAR Executive Committee if the possibility exists which would
allow an increased entry limit due to track or facilities configuration. When that possibility
exists, ROAR’s policy is to extend the entry opportunity to as many members as possible
without impacting a comfortable race schedule. Tracks must consider length of driver’s stand
to hold two and half feet of space per driver to calculate maximum number of drivers in any
heat or main multiplied by 1.4 (seconds).
c) The maximum number of event entries will be limited as follows: (other types not reflected
here will be awarded entry limits per Executive Committee approval.)

iv) Fuel On Road 20 qualifying heats –equal split of two vehicle types
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #119
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,165
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
Thanks for clarifying;

Dry answer, but it is accurate.

From the 2010 ROAR National Guidelines -

13) Entry to National Events: Limits and Procedures
a) Entry limits are placed on all ROAR nationals to ensure that all entrants receive
adequate practice and race time at the event. Entry limits may not be altered past maximums
stated in these Guidelines without Executive Committee approval.
b) The Host should notify the ROAR Executive Committee if the possibility exists which would
allow an increased entry limit due to track or facilities configuration. When that possibility
exists, ROAR’s policy is to extend the entry opportunity to as many members as possible
without impacting a comfortable race schedule. Tracks must consider length of driver’s stand
to hold two and half feet of space per driver to calculate maximum number of drivers in any
heat or main multiplied by 1.4 (seconds).
c) The maximum number of event entries will be limited as follows: (other types not reflected
here will be awarded entry limits per Executive Committee approval.)

iv) Fuel On Road 20 qualifying heats –equal split of two vehicle types
Thanks again Rich
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #120
Tech Fanatic
 
Tony Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cape Coral, FL
Posts: 785
Default

Two opinions for ROAR.... I know everyone has one.

#1 Those that want to qualify for the worlds, let them run the open class. Some have no intention on going to the worlds but want their chance to be a Masters Champion. If they want to run both Masters and Open, let the racers make their own decision. Don't cut a class that is almost as popular as the open class. This will only discourage some from running. A little warning would have been nice. I am not near the age for the Maters class but find this a little disappointing that this announcement was not made well before registration. When was this decided ROAR?

#2 What can you do in six qualifiers that you can't do in five. Maybe it is too late for this years Nationals but maybe next year a five qualifier Nats with longer mains. Plane ride ( or drive), hotel, food and racing expenses for 4-7 ish days, then you get a 15 minute main. This may be a long time for electric racers but for nitro racers this is short. Cut a qualifying round and extend the mains to 20, 25, 30 and 45 minutes for the lower mains. (lower mains = everything other than the 60 min A mains)
Just my opinion.

This is directed to ROAR, not the track owners.
__________________
______________________________
Shepherd USA ••• RED CUP RACING™ ••• DeSoto Racing ••• Nova Rossi ••• Byron Fuels ••• winternats.com
Tony Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) SlamMan Colorado Racing 21404 05-01-2017 08:55 PM
2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD BBSpence Electric On-Road 183 10-28-2009 11:31 AM
ROAR Reg 11 Fuel ONROAD Championships onerun Northwest Racers 60 09-03-2009 08:23 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:16 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net