R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #301
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCrow View Post
There is a Fuel Committee with OnRoad and OffRoad Racing Members. Steve Pond is the Section Chairman.

For ROAR Fuel National Championships the IFMAR Ladder/Christmas Tree Format has been adopted. 1:5 Track and 1:8 Offroad now do not have direct seedings for the Final. They all transfer in from the Semi-Final Rounds. Top 4 from each Semi and then the two next fastest from either semi.

Steve and I are waiting to get the final version of the IFMAR 1:8 IC Track Regulations. They are currently unavailable for some reason.

1:10 IC Track still has 4 direct finalist for this years World Championship. Then field is completed with top 2 from each semi and then next two fastest from either semi.

For the record, there is no conspiracy here. No changes were made (to my knowledge) without the input/request from the Fuel OnRoad Committee leaders (ie - Ted, Doug ect).

Steve and I will get to the bottom of this one, so everyone just keep getting your gear ready for a great event. After all, its a Worlds Team Qualifier for the 2011 1:8 World Championship held in the USA.

JD
This format was never brought up or discussed by the previous fuel committee or by anyone on the current committee.

Furthermore, when I look at the minutes from the fall Ex Com meeting there is no mention of a major rewrite of the National Guidelines anywhere.

Neither committee was asked or brought up on their own this format change for Fuel On Road Nationals at anytime.
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #302
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

How did all these changes pass without noticed on who or what Comm makes it final seems to be a little far fetched that all these rules are made or adjusted close to an upcoming event need to get organized.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #303
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
How did all these changes pass without noticed on who or what Comm makes it final seems to be a little far fetched that all these rules are made or adjusted close to an upcoming event need to get organized.
Remeber this stuff when the next Roar elections are held. We the racers have zero say in where, when or how these races will be run at all. They say hey volunteer, but all of these committees are appointed not elected.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #304
kmh
Tech Addict

Can someone from roar or the track give an estimate of what time the races will be over on sunday the 13th. Does the track close at dark or some other time? I'm trying to book a return flight on sunday night, but the last flights seem to be around 6:40 pm. With the hour drive to the airport this may be cutting it close. Thanks Ken.
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #305
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
Remeber this stuff when the next Roar elections are held. We the racers have zero say in where, when or how these races will be run at all. They say hey volunteer, but all of these committees are appointed not elected.
+1
same o same o I was wondering when you were going to post something you've been very silent
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #306
Tech Elite

Just from experience guys, getting a flight before 8pm is cutting it close. If the airport is 1 hour away and you need to be there 1.5 to 2 hours ahead of time and drop off your rental car. To make a 6:40 flight you would have to leave the track by 3:30. I do not think we will be done with all the racing by then. Just my opinion! The RMT would be the one to know the times though.

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #307
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh View Post
Can someone from roar or the track give an estimate of what time the races will be over on sunday the 13th. Does the track close at dark or some other time? I'm trying to book a return flight on sunday night, but the last flights seem to be around 6:40 pm. With the hour drive to the airport this may be cutting it close. Thanks Ken.
If I remember correctly we didn't finish racing untill about 6:00 last year. Trying to fly out on Sunday night is always a risk. We won't have an event schedule for this event until next month.

Look to the ROAR website later today for announcemnt and clarification that will effect this race.

Last edited by schurcr; 04-16-2010 at 10:48 AM.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #308
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDCrow Send a message via Skype™ to JDCrow

Quote:
Please stop with the no one has a say garbage...Racers have every opportunity to speak/suggest/implement action in how things are done. Just because most choose to only express their opinion after decisions have been made and published is not the fault of the Directors.

Have you ever contacted a member of the Executive Committee, Section Chair, Regional Director and made a proposal to change/alter/add anything?

If you have items you feel need changed, my mailbox or phone is always open. Unfortunately, most racers prefer to post their disgust anonymously on forums rather than take the time to directly get involved in the process.

Jim pointed out a possible change in the Finals Format which I read after seeing his post, I've looked into it and the Format can be altered/used at the Host Discretion. Ladder Format for the Finals is an option since one class does not contain more than 75% of the total entries.

Im sure if the Ladder Format is used for 1:8 OnRoad Class, then at least the Top 4 Racers after all qualifiers are completed will direct transfer to the final.

What more would you want me to do?

My contact information is publicly posted on the ROAR Website. As is every Regional Director and committee chairman. If you send a suggestion/request to any member of the ROAR Leadership (executive, section, region director), Cc me so I can followup as necessary.

Regards,
JD Crow
ROAR Technical Director

Last edited by JDCrow; 04-16-2010 at 12:22 PM.
JDCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #309
kmh
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
If I remember correctly we didn't finish racing untill about 6:00 last year. Trying to fly out on Sunday night is always a risk. We won't have an event schedule for this event until next month.

Look to the ROAR website later today for announcemnt and clarification that will effect this race.
OK! Thanks for the info. Is anyone using the airport in Lincoln?
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #310
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCrow View Post
Please stop with the no one has a say garbage...Racers have every opportunity to speak/suggest/implement action in how things are done. Just because most choose to only express their opinion after decisions have been made and published is not the fault of the Directors.

Have you ever contacted a member of the Executive Committee, Section Chair, Regional Director and made a proposal to change/alter/add anything?

If you have items you feel need changed, my mailbox or phone is always open. Unfortunately, most racers prefer to post their disgust anonymously on forums rather than take the time to directly get involved in the process.

Jim pointed out a possible change in the Finals Format which I read after seeing his post, I've looked into it and the Format can be altered/used at the Host Discretion. Ladder Format for the Finals is an option since one class does not contain more than 75% of the total entries.

Im sure if the Ladder Format is used for 1:8 OnRoad Class, then at least the Top 4 Racers after all qualifiers are completed will direct transfer to the final.

What more would you want me to do?

My contact information is publicly posted on the ROAR Website. As is every Regional Director and committee chairman. If you send a suggestion/request to any member of the ROAR Leadership (executive, section, region director), Cc me so I can followup as necessary.

Regards,
JD Crow
ROAR Technical Director
Yes I have spoken with board members as well as region directors.

Did you become Technical director by being elected or appointed and if so who oppointed you?

I am not thrilled with the current administration and will vote for change and encourage everyone in the industry I know to do the same.

If you have anything to do with the nitro onroad scene you would realize I am not posting anonymously as YBSLow is my company name.

Brad
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #311
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
If you have anything to do with the nitro onroad scene you would realize I am not posting anonymously as YBSLow is my company name.

Brad
Hahaha, I've only been to like two races in the last three years and I know who you are.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #312
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

http://www.redrc.net/2010/04/roar-ad...em/#more-30174
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #313
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh View Post
OK! Thanks for the info. Is anyone using the airport in Lincoln?

The airport in Lincoln is 5 minutes from the track just let you know. It's flights may cost a bit more but it is a good airport and not a small one plane type place.
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #314
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey guys
can some one tell me what the ROAR rules are for cut-outs in the body for .12 fuel on-road, regarding front and rear window???
Old 04-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #315
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

were all the mains going to be ran on sunday??
or sedan on saturday and 1/8th on sunday?

thanks for the info

Casey
Casey Belarde is offline   Reply With Quote