Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Fuel Onroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Make sure to pay attention to the rules underlined. Those are the rules that have changes. It seems to me we are taking on some Off-Road rules. Something seems odd in some of the changes. This Nationals should be interesting if nothing else. I wounder what is going to happen to that racer running 2 classes(since Roar combined them). They could possible end up running almost 3 hours in one day and possible even have to turn marshal.

See everyone at the Nats,

DJ Apolaro
That is what happens if you have an off-road person as a Roar president, time for change.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Last year it was 8 direct with 2 from each side. It really depends on the track and how many make the final, depending on the size of the track. Since they had 12 cars in the final it made it 8 direct. With a 10 car it would be 6 direct and 2 from each side, but this year it will all be different. In my opinion we are going the wrong way with this. Makes qualifying less important. Hope people express how they feel, either for or against these rules.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Android
That is what happens if you have an off-road person as a Roar president, time for change.
Everytime people think their getting change we end up with more of the same. Obama
Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Last year it was 8 direct with 2 from each side. It really depends on the track and how many make the final, depending on the size of the track. Since they had 12 cars in the final it made it 8 direct. With a 10 car it would be 6 direct and 2 from each side, but this year it will all be different. In my opinion we are going the wrong way with this. Makes qualifying less important. Hope people express how they feel, either for or against these rules.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
DJ, thanks for the correction, I think your point is dead on. In years past, there was 1 bump up, then it went to 2 and now ........ ? So why run 4-6 rounds of qualifications. Why not just run one to seat the ladders and start the mains?? I DO NOT WANT THIS PROCESS ..... JUST SAY'IN.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
I agree with DJ. Qualifying is less important with the finals being set this way. Even the AMA in motocross and supercross advances the fastest qualifiers to the final directly. I too hope this is not how qualifying will be handled at the event.

Rick
Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What I dont understand is why these changes are made without input from the racers. We are the ones that are going to be racing, shouldnt we be asked what we prefer? And why change it now? The way it was done before worked just fine and everyone was happy.

If it aint broke, dont fix it!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

+1 Jim & Dj last year there was some hicups with rules being changed @ the nationals but now with these changes seems like a couple of loud BURPS
Old 04-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Everyone take a deep breath. Steve Pond and I will get to the bottom of this and find out what occurred. Whether it was an adoption of the IFMAR format, or a changes requested directly from the fuel committee.

I believe there should be at least 4 direct seeds to the finals.

JD Crow
ROAR Technical Director
Old 04-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDCrow
Everyone take a deep breath. Steve Pond and I will get to the bottom of this and find out what occurred. Whether it was an adoption of the IFMAR format, or a changes requested directly from the fuel committee.

JD Crow
ROAR Technical Director
WHO IS NOW ON THE FUEL COMMITTEE ?
Old 04-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

I love the change. I feel qualifying is important still. Its what, top 20 now make the main, if that make any sense. And every1 in the 'A' from TQ to a few seconds back in 10th spot have equal opportunity to win. All ten bumped up.

TQ gets their honor.

Just my opinion and the change doesnt bother me one bit.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jim,
Not sure of the complete membership on the committee which Steve Pond is the section chairman.

I do know Doug McNeely is a member and has been active in committee.

JD
Old 04-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jim,
Not sure of the complete membership on the committee which Steve Pond is the section chairman.

I do know Doug McNeely is a member and has been active in committee.

JD
Thanks
JD
Old 04-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Sounds cool to me, but I've always raced better than I qualify. I can certainly understand why others would hate it.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

JD Crow
ROAR Technical Director
JD, what Ifmar format? On Road Ifmar format has not like this, only Off Road.

As far as i know, there is no more fuel committee, only chairman. Correct me if i am wrong, Thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Paolo M
JD, what Ifmar format? On Road Ifmar format has not like this, only Off Road.

As far as i know, there is no more fuel committee, only chairman. Correct me if i am wrong, Thanks
There is a Fuel Committee with OnRoad and OffRoad Racing Members. Steve Pond is the Section Chairman.

For ROAR Fuel National Championships the IFMAR Ladder/Christmas Tree Format has been adopted. 1:5 Track and 1:8 Offroad now do not have direct seedings for the Final. They all transfer in from the Semi-Final Rounds. Top 4 from each Semi and then the two next fastest from either semi.

Steve and I are waiting to get the final version of the IFMAR 1:8 IC Track Regulations. They are currently unavailable for some reason.

1:10 IC Track still has 4 direct finalist for this years World Championship. Then field is completed with top 2 from each semi and then next two fastest from either semi.

For the record, there is no conspiracy here. No changes were made (to my knowledge) without the input/request from the Fuel OnRoad Committee leaders (ie - Ted, Doug ect).

Steve and I will get to the bottom of this one, so everyone just keep getting your gear ready for a great event. After all, its a Worlds Team Qualifier for the 2011 1:8 World Championship held in the USA.

JD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.