Wiki Posts
Search

Getting into Nitro racing Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clairvoyant16
SO im going to pick a xray nt1 or a team ntc3 just gota get money to get nt1 and i can buy ntc3
Get the XRay. The NTC3 only belongs in the history books of RC.

Comparing between the two is like comparing a new BMW to an "old" Camaro.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dane
Just curious but how quickly do you guys go through a set of foam tires? Is chunking tires a common problem for the average racer?
thats what im wondering
There are 2 causes for chunking. One is hitting stuff/crashing/flipping. The second is rough racing surface. There is nothing you can do about crashing and chunking. For racing surface, you can smear a light film of shoe goo on the sidewalls. CA can also work. Some foams come with a sticker ring for the sidewall.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
There are 2 causes for chunking. One is hitting stuff/crashing/flipping. The second is rough racing surface. There is nothing you can do about crashing and chunking. For racing surface, you can smear a light film of shoe goo on the sidewalls. CA can also work. Some foams come with a sticker ring for the sidewall.
Another way to avoid chunking is to round off the corners of the tire on a truer. Doing that alone prevents chunking more than 50% of the time.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

SO im going to pick a xray nt1 or a team ntc3 just gota get money to get nt1 and i can buy ntc3
So in a matter of a week, you went from I don't know anything about Nitro cars and don't want to spend on something too expensive.....to, "I'm going to pick up a Xray NT1" (one of the most expensives cars on the market)

Honestly!....if you just want to get your feet wet. Get a new or used car for $200 to $350 bucks. That should put you in the ballpark for doing all that you mentioned. Once you experienced 4 to 6 months worth of Nitro RC then you can decide if you want to get a racer kit or just stay with the car you have and bash the hell out of the parking lots. Either way, no excess money is spent.

So, unless you have deep pockets, which it doesn't sound like you do....head the voice of credit card/checkbook reason. Don't go all out when buying your first nitro car.

Last edited by Kyo83; 01-26-2010 at 02:43 PM.