R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Kyosho Inferno gt2

Has anyone had good success with the stock 2 speed setup on this Inferno gt2? I am seeing alot of good info Im just wondering if anyone has figured out a stock upgrade fix or longevity.
Burlynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlynest View Post
Has anyone had good success with the stock 2 speed setup on this Inferno gt2? I am seeing alot of good info Im just wondering if anyone has figured out a stock upgrade fix or longevity.
http://ipanemasports.com/blackhawksr...nsmission.aspx
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had good luck with the stock gear set. Though I seem to be in the minority on this thread. I just watched the mesh... it had to be real tight and I had great luck with it. The biggest problem I had was keeping mesh. I ended up with a one piece engine mount to keep the engine from shifting.... even the slightest... when a wall was hit (I won't go into detail about hitting the drivers stand) or some other significant impact. I didn't have this problem with the GT.. the GT2 needed attention.

There are those that have gone to great length and cost to fix their problems with the 2 speed.... Mine was good.... your actual mileage may vary....
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlynest View Post
I think I tried everything UNSUCCESSFULLY. I don't think I made it through a race day without stripping a gear (18 months - 12 months of GT1 and 6 months of GT2) until I put the Ipanema Blackhawk transmission into my car. I have run the GT2 since April of this year with no stripped gears.

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BiggDogg33
Default GT2 VETTE IMP TRANNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
I think I tried everything UNSUCCESSFULLY. I don't think I made it through a race day without stripping a gear (18 months - 12 months of GT1 and 6 months of GT2) until I put the Ipanema Blackhawk transmission into my car. I have run the GT2 since April of this year with no stripped gears.

Lee
Whats up guys if anybody is interested i just seen a kyosho Igt2/w vette body with the impanema tranny already installed in it for sale, in the for sale forum and it looks pretty good and priced pretty good too if interested have a look!!!! WOULD BE GREAT FOR THE GT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RACE IN MARCH!!!
BiggDogg33 is offline   Reply With Quote