Wiki Posts
Search

Calibrate Integy truer

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Calibrate Integy truer

I wanna get a carbide bit for my truer. Does anyone know how to calibrate it after?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default calibrate

I also put a huddy blade on mine but as far calibating the number to tire size there is no adjustment for this on the integey truer. now that i have the new blade on ther the truer cuts 5mm bigger then what the number says example i set the dial to 58mm it cuts the tire to 63 mm so i just remember that and go with it also if you have the older model you should think of upgrading the motor because the older one has no torque
Old 01-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I asked the same question about my Hudy truer a while back, there are adjustments but basically your truer is probably just old and will not adjust to where the dial cuts exactly anymore.. I can adjust mine to cut 58mm exactly, and then when i go to cut 62 or god forbid 74, it will end up in all types of different places, usually smaller. I have tried everything under the sun and my truer just doesn't cut like when it was new. I used to be able to set 58, or set 60.. perfect 59.95 or 60.05 cut every time and then I trued 8th scale tires.. it has never been the same since.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
I asked the same question about my Hudy truer a while back, there are adjustments but basically your truer is probably just old and will not adjust to where the dial cuts exactly anymore.. I can adjust mine to cut 58mm exactly, and then when i go to cut 62 or god forbid 74, it will end up in all types of different places, usually smaller. I have tried everything under the sun and my truer just doesn't cut like when it was new. I used to be able to set 58, or set 60.. perfect 59.95 or 60.05 cut every time and then I trued 8th scale tires.. it has never been the same since.
I thought the Hudy one came with instructions on how to calibrate them?
Old 01-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I thought the Hudy one came with instructions on how to calibrate them?
it does, it just doesn't work anymore. 58mm is still 58mm so i use the closest setting between the 2mm split that i run. if i set to cut say 74, it ends up around 71 or so though. if i calibrate to 74, it cuts 58's to 60+..
Old 01-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I wanna get a carbide bit for my truer. Does anyone know how to calibrate it after?
I put a hudy blade in my ofna. The problem is the hudy blades mounts closer to the tire than my original jig saw blade. There is no way to calibrated the Ofna/Integy truers. To correct this; I milled the face of my blade holder. I had to take off about 2.3 mm. I also had to mill the slot that the blade slides into. I replaced the knob that adjusted the blade in and out with a RD logic knob,because it has a rotary scale. Once set my truer is accurate with .1 mm.
You also have to look at how you true your tires. If you whack off 3mm at a time the tire generates so much heat; that your final cut size probally won't be accurate. I get my tires close to the final size and then do small cuts from there. Also the shore rating of the tire slightly changes my reading also.

Also the speed at which the tire spins will effect the accuracy of your cut.

If you search the web Josh Cyrul did a nice article with one of the RC mags on how to correctly true foam tires
Old 01-10-2010, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

I dont even bother ....
Just get yourself a cheap vernier gauge and keep it in your tyrer truer box...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/150-mm-6-Digit...item29fd8dfd92
Old 01-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getpip
I dont even bother ....
Just get yourself a cheap vernier gauge and keep it in your tyrer truer box...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/150-mm-6-Digit...item29fd8dfd92
You still need verniers. But if your truer is somewhat calibrated from the begining; it makes the job faster because you don't have to re-true the tire so many times.