R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If there are several hundred Spada cars in America... where are they running at?

Mine is in a box needing parts. While they are available in HK... Mothership K didn't think we needed the car here. The lack of support chased off those potentially interested... but we had the nitro blizzard (or whatever their snow machine was) on the store shelves. Sorry Jeff... we hashed this out on the Spada thread over a year ago... no interest from K-USA.... K drivers that I ran into (sorry 'bout that ) didn't even know about it. There have been manufacturers around the world (Italy produced some carbon fiber chassis, China and Japan had several exotica for the car) making aftermarket parts... carbon fiber and aluminum.... as well as a cool adaptation of a Losi fuel tank .... developed for the car... and nothing here. You could (can?) go to the UK, Pacific Rim and find the cars....

The new F1 Looks really cool.... just brings back frustrating memories of the spada tease
Old 01-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootcapri View Post
If there are several hundred Spada cars in America... where are they running at?

Mine is in a box needing parts. While they are available in HK... Mothership K didn't think we needed the car here. The lack of support chased off those potentially interested... but we had the nitro blizzard (or whatever their snow machine was) on the store shelves. Sorry Jeff... we hashed this out on the Spada thread over a year ago... no interest from K-USA.... K drivers that I ran into (sorry 'bout that ) didn't even know about it. There have been manufacturers around the world (Italy produced some carbon fiber chassis, China and Japan had several exotica for the car) making aftermarket parts... carbon fiber and aluminum.... as well as a cool adaptation of a Losi fuel tank .... developed for the car... and nothing here. You could (can?) go to the UK, Pacific Rim and find the cars....

The new F1 Looks really cool.... just brings back frustrating memories of the spada tease
Zoot,

You’ve always seemed like a cool guy on the forums, so I’ll try to be gentle, OK?

Really getting sick & tired of the attempts at bashing of Kyosho America over the Spada.

Since you’re such a nice guy, I’ll let you in on some business "savy" to help you get the car of your dreams and get rich doing it too.

OK, so here’s what you need to do.......

Issue a “Purchase Order” for at least 200 of them and all of the replacement parts & bodies to offer support to your customers for at least 4 years.

That’s it, now you’re on the road to fame & fortune. Pretty easy huh?
You can call that “Marketing 101” or "Buying Power 101".

Zoot, you know where to send my commission checks right, lol
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry to cause you so much sickness and tiredness....

I appreciate the N/C class on business... Lessons that I have learned over the decades (34 years... yep... I'm an old fart) of being in business.

Here's another lesson.... Don't be the first kid on the block to offer a new product/service... way to risky.... rather.... wait until someone else breaks the trail and then 'jump in'.

You mentioned that I come across as the nice guy on the forums.... I try to be... talk to a fellow Floridian who has a spada wheel nut that I sent him simply to help a bro because they were unobtanium. Or anyone I race with. I try to grow the hobby with entertaining racing locally, always being available to spectators and helping a fellow racer with parts/advice. I don't dig at anyone 'just 'cause'. I was simply commenting about a cool new car from Kyosho and my 'actual mileage' from the Spada. They (K) are the sole determination as to what to support (albeit somewhat driven by demand).

I actually like several of the Kyosho offerings (GT, GT2).

See, Jeff... I can be 'gentle' too....

Last edited by Zootcapri; 01-24-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Dose anyone know the ballpark price to this car? I paid $650 for my IGT2. So, are we looking at a major difference in price?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxrocket View Post
Dose anyone know the ballpark price to this car? I paid $650 for my IGT2. So, are we looking at a major difference in price?

About $14 every two weeks.
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

This is nothing more than a nitro version of the Tamiya F201 car which was electric powered. They (Tamiya) were nice cars when they were available. However as a racer... NO. Mostly people who bought them (Tamiya) were F1 enthusiasts who wanted something with scale looks to sputter around with in a parking lot. Now that they're no longer available, they will eventually reach "collectable" status as demand and interest rises for them.

The same can be said of this car. If you're into collecting RCs buy it. If you're into racing, pass on it.

If you google, you will find that Kyosho made other formula type gas cars that are now on the collectable list. The F-Ten and F-Ten Proto and the 1/8th Williams F1 which was available in both gas and twin motor electric.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

the car in the video posted is a converted Tamiya car, but the subject of the original post is not, and it bears no resemblance to one. I think that's what you meant, but I wanted to be sure just in case someone confused your response as being directly at the original subject matter.

The car shown in the original post, as some of you already found, is specially built for a magazine promotion in Italy. Yes, it's made by Kyosho, but it's owned by the company that paid Kyosho to build it - e.g. its only available to them. It's a promotion for their magazine, and major sub-assemblies of the car are delivered monthly as part of some subscription promotion. So, the only way to get your hands on the car is to sign up for the promotion (not sure how to do that) or buy one off ebay that someone has assembled. I've seen them sell for about $1200, because they're pretty rare.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:18 AM   #23
Tech Initiate

Default On the magazine rack now

Here is the first issue for this series. On the magazine racks in Japan now. Starting Jan 26th they (the publishers) will publish weekly installments containing more parts. There are 100 issues in this series so don't hold your breath on seeing one done soon.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW! Ferrari F1 (F2007) Nitro by Kyosho-ferrari-issue-1.jpg   NEW! Ferrari F1 (F2007) Nitro by Kyosho-ferrari-issue-1-parts.jpg  
R&TRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 AM   #24
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TRacer View Post
Here is the first issue for this series. On the magazine racks in Japan now. Starting Jan 26th they (the publishers) will publish weekly installments containing more parts. There are 100 issues in this series so don't hold your breath on seeing one done soon.
Well Gues what??? I heald my breath and here it is, my forst F2007 completed and one i the box with all the magazie issues ad all the parts... Complete!!!

How did I get it... Well you have to know one of the Magazine executives.
Any how I will make the built car or the complete kit available for sale.

Enjoy the pics and stay tuned for my perso0nal review.. Also enjoy the pictures of my modified F2004 and pic of my F2005 also from the magazine.

one of my F2004 is now on ebay and auction ends this Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW! Ferrari F1 (F2007) Nitro by Kyosho-bnvc-4wbgk%7E%24-kgrhqqh-cwetrn4qk5ubljebuvoig%7E%7E_12.jpg   NEW! Ferrari F1 (F2007) Nitro by Kyosho-1670.jpg   NEW! Ferrari F1 (F2007) Nitro by Kyosho-24245_1273928321516_1029152538_30641753_145640_n.jpg  
F2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Well Gues what??? I heald my breath and here it is, my forst F2007 completed and one i the box with all the magazie issues ad all the parts... Complete!!!

How did I get it... Well you have to know one of the Magazine executives.
Any how I will make the built car or the complete kit available for sale.

Enjoy the pics and stay tuned for my perso0nal review.. Also enjoy the pictures of my modified F2004 and pic of my F2005 also from the magazine.

one of my F2004 is now on ebay and auction ends this Sunday.
Very nice!

However, I would never want to race it or run it. If I should break, I will have to buy an entire new magazine subscription just to fix it.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #26
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, new member here ... glad to be on board!

I live in the states, and i've actually been purchasing the parts for the F2007 directly from DeAgostini for the past several ... years. But i allowed a little too much time to pass and I'm missing the last 10 issues : fascicles nr. 91 through 100.

Anyone know where i can purchase these last ten issues? Of course, i'm happy to pay all shipping costs, as well as anyone's time & trouble.

Thanks!

Jeff S.
werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:35 AM   #27
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
(...) and I'm missing the last 10 issues : fascicles nr. 91 through 100.

Anyone know where i can purchase these last ten issues?
Hey there Jeff,

You can try contacting DeAgostini in Italy and order the issues through mail-order.
However, the last 6 are currently out of stock.

I've managed myself to buy the first 51 issues from a guy from Palermo, and ordered some other 18 from DeAgostini.

I'll be making some modifications however, it will have a 3-speed gear from Kyosho Gigacrusher, a 4 stroke engine from O.S. (the FS-20) and a double exit exhaust.

Also, myself not being a Ferrari fan, i'll be painting in the Red Bull RB7 2011 F1 car paint scheme (Vettel's for sure) and both the front and rear wings will be manufactured in carbon fiber

The work so far...

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
NEW! Ferrari F1 (F2007) Nitro by Kyosho-296522_2214519877186_1073239974_32538500_1896513845_n.jpg   NEW! Ferrari F1 (F2007) Nitro by Kyosho-298311_2214519557178_1073239974_32538498_1070153883_n.jpg   NEW! Ferrari F1 (F2007) Nitro by Kyosho-300822_2214519957188_1073239974_32538501_135669164_n.jpg   NEW! Ferrari F1 (F2007) Nitro by Kyosho-317723_2214519717182_1073239974_32538499_1400026835_n.jpg  
Tyres : Original (Pirelli marked)

Last edited by RaceJay; 10-04-2011 at 04:49 AM.
RaceJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD View Post
I remember Ofna had the Nitro F1 way back which was similiar to this though had no upper deck and an open chassis layout. You didn't need much of a motor in there as most stock motors would be plenty powerful.

and don't forget Kyosho also had the F-10 series Formula one..

Of which I happen to own a NIB one..
Old 10-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #29
Tech Rookie

Smile wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharryDOTcom View Post
and don't forget Kyosho also had the F-10 series Formula one..

Of which I happen to own a NIB one..
wow are you ever lucky to own one.I also own one nib so is there a good site to find info on this hot F-1 car
F-1 NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #30
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Still have my Kyosho F-Ten all built but never ran. Its a shelf queen. Got two extra F1 bodies for it too.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote