R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
Tech Addict
 
danny250r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default nt1 ec/ shimo rrr

please help which one . i had kyosho rrr wc before and i liked it but that nt1 just looks so dam nice . i also was wondering if the shimo edition comes with all the same things that the evo 2 wc comes with and he just added those few other little things to the kit . i can get parts for both cars so thats not a problem well i have to order them but no big deal ,, thanks for any input
danny250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

They are both great cars. The kyosho is more dialed out of the box, however it also has a traction rolling problem. The xray doesn't, in terms of fit&finish the nt1 is second to none. Also the vonerrr shimo does come with all of the parts the evo2wc came with. I ran the vonerrr evo2 wc last year and the car was great tons of steering and a silky smooth drivetrain. I will be running the nt1 ec this year because I wanted to try something new. I was very impressed how the nt1 ec went together the quality of the parts are the best in the industry. Even better than my mtx4r which I run 2 years ago. The nt1 ec comes with every hopup xray makes for the car, except for the lightweight alu pillow balls, carbon personal transponder mount, carbon battery tray, and the Alu brake lever which I added. In all I would say go with the nt1 ec it is the best car on the market!!!! The kyosho will be slot cheaper to run then the xray. So it comes down to what your pockets can handle. The xray nt1 ec has it all the durablity of a mugen, the butter smooth drivetrain of the kyosho and xray quality. Good luck in your choice.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
danny250r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
They are both great cars. The kyosho is more dialed out of the box, however it also has a traction rolling problem. The xray doesn't, in terms of fit&finish the nt1 is second to none. Also the vonerrr shimo does come with all of the parts the evo2wc came with. I ran the vonerrr evo2 wc last year and the car was great tons of steering and a silky smooth drivetrain. I will be running the nt1 ec this year because I wanted to try something new. I was very impressed how the nt1 ec went together the quality of the parts are the best in the industry. Even better than my mtx4r which I run 2 years ago. The nt1 ec comes with every hopup xray makes for the car, except for the lightweight alu pillow balls, carbon personal transponder mount, carbon battery tray, and the Alu brake lever which I added. In all I would say go with the nt1 ec it is the best car on the market!!!! The kyosho will be slot cheaper to run then the xray. So it comes down to what your pockets can handle. The xray nt1 ec has it all the durablity of a mugen, the butter smooth drivetrain of the kyosho and xray quality. Good luck in your choice.
thanks one more ? is the ec a 2009 spec also or and upgraded 2008 spec
danny250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Yes the nt1 ec comes with the nt1 09 upgrades. The nt1 ec is nothing but a nt1 09 with all the xray optional hopups.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
danny250r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
Yes the nt1 ec comes with the nt1 09 upgrades. The nt1 ec is nothing but a nt1 09 with all the xray optional hopups.
cool man thanks for your help got one on the way nt1 ec
danny250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
..... The kyosho is more dialed out of the box, however it also has a traction rolling problem.
Since when has traction rolling been an inherent problem with any car??
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny250r View Post
cool man thanks for your help got one on the way nt1 ec
Very good choice, you won't be disappointed.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #8
Tech Addict
 
danny250r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Very good choice, you won't be disappointed.
yeah i think i made the right choice .. now i just have to sell some stuff to pay for it lol
danny250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
enough already skypilot Nitro On-Road 24 01-07-2010 12:16 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net