R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-25-2005, 05:19 PM   #196
Tech Regular

Default TWISTERS

Thats all I ran in Vegas at the RD Logics Race and they were fantastic, I know that they had 3 or 4 drivers at least running in the A main at the Winternats in Florida so I gave em a try and they seem to be just fine !!!!!

Good Price if you buy sets of Ten !!
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:30 PM   #197
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Don't waste your money. The rims are so flimsy that they cone when they are trued. I have a hudy tire lathe and wasted a set when the coned--have never seen this before. I was able to play with the next set and had to use 1 degree to make the tire end up square. [COLOR=DarkOrange]
Tire Chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 04:26 PM   #198
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Cool What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire Chunker
Don't waste your money. The rims are so flimsy that they cone when they are trued. I have a hudy tire lathe and wasted a set when the coned--have never seen this before. I was able to play with the next set and had to use 1 degree to make the tire end up square. [COLOR=DarkOrange]

I used these tires for a whole season last year and never broke a rim or chunked a tire. I never heard of the problem you are talking about. Judging from your posting name here, do you have tire isues?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:46 PM   #199

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I bought a couple hundred pairs of these tires last year and this year. No problem at all like you have stated, and few bent rims is all never even chunked a tire. Only problem now is no US Dist. And the canadians want to much for them now, everyone has to make a big profit what a bitch! I can get a compatible foam here for the same or less , I've switched brands, I'd rather keep the money here in the states, it was a great tire at a very nice price for while it lasted, like they say all good things must come to an end!
Tire chunker?? HMM! you got that name for some reason, I don't think the tires are your problems.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #200
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default Importer

CRC is importing these tires now, rctexas droped the ball.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:25 PM   #201
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

As for the coning issue I have gone thru more than 30 sets & have not had a problem truing them with the Hudy.
One incident that I have gone thru just like any other driver on a hard high speed impact slightly bent a rim but with the same experience with other tire brands that basically would demolish into pieces.
as for tire wear ran 4 qualifiers with the same set traction was great in all 4 races. best traction shore that I have experience in a very low bite rough asphalt course was with 35 shore car felt like it was on rails.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:07 PM   #202
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default GQs

really don't follow the nitro thread that much but found this thread...

I have been running for GQ this past year and have tried many of the compounds...including some 28mm coimpounds not availabe yet to the public.

If you are looking for someone who sells them hear in the U.S. there is a hobby store here in Chicago, IL that carries them. One of the guys in the nitro thread named "Rookie Solara" can set you up with them. That is his screen name so maybe you could PM him....if not you can email or PM me and I will try and get your pointed in the right direction.

Thanks.

[email protected]
Old 08-23-2005, 09:31 PM   #203

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

If anyone interested in GQ's, I'm sorta sellling off some of my stock.I have 30 pairs of new GQ's purchased the beginning of this season I'd like to sell, I'm not selling them seperate just a package deal. $325 shipped OBO
6-35 fronts
4-35 rears
5-37 rears
3 40- fronts
2- 40 rears
6 -42 fronts
4- 42 rears
Fronts are 28mm rears are 30mm all have 0 offset

PM me if anyone interested
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:37 AM   #204
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Hey guys,

A couple of things to report...

First in Nitro I have been having some real good results...Finished 5th at the HPI Challenge in Mod Nitro running a unproven R40, on a temporary track, traction was not an issue all weekend....

Also I raced the eXpress Race at Jackson RC a couple of months back, made the extended A-Main and finished 4th....

The tires have been working great....

On the Carpet Foam tires, I got out last weekend and ran some laps at the local track running Black/Grey up front and Grey in the rear, the car was absolutely dialed in, great traction but not soo much that the car wasnt free...just perfect...Also, the wear was awesome, started the tires at 62mm finished the night after 3 quals and a main at 61.4mm.

Going to be getting some more of the carpet tires for testing, try some other compounds just to see what they do...Will also be getting some the 1/18th scale foams to try out....

Later...
Old 09-20-2005, 02:47 PM   #205
Tech Adept

I currently use the GQ Product Range here in Australia and they are fantastic. Very long wear life int hem and very sticky. If you have a slight tap the rims tend to stay straight whereas alot of the other brands bend and buckle.

If your in Australia and want these tyres which i personally think u should use them, Get on to Ace Hobby Distributors Australia and they will help you out with all GQ Products even the Air filter kits they are fantastic.
KYOSHORACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:40 AM   #206
Tech Rookie

Have you seen this new twister-tyres.com website at www.twister-tyres.com ?

Great to see that the hobby be affordable again...
There is a sponsorship banner there for foam tires on the main page.
That deal really rocks.. you've seen those prices ?
I heard they sell to clubs also at wholesale prices..

Compare these twister tire prices with enneti, gp, TRC, Super G, Jaco, Yokomo, Tredz, Proline, Ofna for mugen serpent and koysho cars etc.
And you will see these prices are not normal.. about 14 dollar for a full set of 1:10 scale and about 30 dollars for a full set of 1:8 scale tires ? how is this possible..

Sponsordeal here i come.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #207

GQ TIRES SUCK
SamSung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #208
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Who are they made by
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine
Have you seen this new twister-tyres.com website at www.twister-tyres.com ?

Great to see that the hobby be affordable again...
There is a sponsorship banner there for foam tires on the main page.
That deal really rocks.. you've seen those prices ?
I heard they sell to clubs also at wholesale prices..

Compare these twister tire prices with enneti, gp, TRC, Super G, Jaco, Yokomo, Tredz, Proline, Ofna for mugen serpent and koysho cars etc.
And you will see these prices are not normal.. about 14 dollar for a full set of 1:10 scale and about 30 dollars for a full set of 1:8 scale tires ? how is this possible..

Sponsordeal here i come.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #209
Tech Rookie

hey sam aung ur moms suck
Gervais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:40 PM   #210
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSung