Search

V-One RRR Shimo or Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default V-One RRR Shimo or Velox V10

Hey guys,

It's time to upgrade my old RRR Evo WC with a new car, and although I'm quite brand loyal and would generally not consider anything other than a new Kyosho, the Shepherd Velox V10 has sparked my attention.

What are the pro's and con's of these 2 chassis'?

Help me decide which way to go, Cheers

P.S. I need to know what chassis to get to hand out an asswhooping to the fast NT1 at my local track
Old 12-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
Hey guys,

It's time to upgrade my old RRR Evo WC with a new car, and although I'm quite brand loyal and would generally not consider anything other than a new Kyosho, the Shepherd Velox V10 has sparked my attention.

P.S. I need to know what chassis to get to hand out an asswhooping to the fast NT1 at my local track
Sorry to say my friend, you'll need another NT1 to be happy...LOL
Old 12-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

get a NT1 if you cant beat them, join them

cheers

Ali
Old 12-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I seriously dont expect to hand out any kind of asswhooping to an NT1, but just wanna stay different brand wise, we have a similar rivalry in 1/8 buggy & truggy, he runs XRAY (AE Truggy), and I run Kyosho. And we have an absolute blast racing each other.

Cheers

I expect him to read this at some point, hence my asswhooping comment
Old 12-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

i have had the evo 2 rrr but i can tell you the v10 shepherd is a better car hands down
Old 12-24-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awins
i have had the evo 2 rrr but i can tell you the v10 shepherd is a better car hands down
I'd disagree w/ the hands down part. The Velox is a new design and with any new design and innovation comes a trial and error. Just ask the Serpent guys . For instance the Velox had issues with the servo saver and a couple other parts.

I don't want to start a holy war, just pointing out a fact that the RRR is a proven platform that has been incrementally updated over the years, yes it doesn't have some of the things that the newer chassis have but the chassis has proven a winner over the hordes of NT1 drivers out there. I'm realitvely new to nitro i have 3 different cars and 2 differnet versions of the RRR, i race against serpents (new and old) mugens and really really fast nt1's. were my driving up to snuff i'd be right there with them. My car has not let me down once on it's own (i've given it help by hitting barriers at about 40mph ).

I am interested in the Velox too, Capricorn also has a new 1/10 chassis hitting the market and i'm curious about that too but I've been burned too many times in my rc career by 1.0 releases only to find i need to spend another 300$ to fix design issues, and be on my own as far as setup help is concerned.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default RRR/Velox

Without putting the Velox down, I know of at least 4 drivers that bought the new Velox <1/8th scale> and sold them within 3 months and went back with either the Kyosho or Mugen. Their biggest complaints were the parts on the Velox were too fragile.
These are not your board hitting, corner spinning drivers, as a couple of them hold some of the fastest times at the track, but as everyone is aware, accidents do happen.
I have no idea if they used the same material for the 10th scale or not but it may be something to think about, or check into.
I myself run the RRR and the MTX4R and I am happy with both cars.
On the other hand, there are a couple of drivers at our local track that do use the Velox 1/8th scale, and are very happy with it.
I know you are speaking about the 10th scale, but I am just passing on what I am aware of concerning the material of the Velox.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I seriously dont expect to hand out any kind of asswhooping to an NT1, but just wanna stay different brand wise, we have a similar rivalry in 1/8 buggy & truggy, he runs XRAY (AE Truggy), and I run Kyosho. And we have an absolute blast racing each other.

Cheers

I expect him to read this at some point, hence my asswhooping comment
Have you ever tried swapping transmitters just to see if you're any faster in his car?

Seriously though, what engine does he have? Are you running on a technical track or a sweeping one?

RRR's require more setup work than an NT1 - so perhaps you just need to buy a new engine and work on your setup and you'll be that much faster.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 12-24-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Wink

yeh well i ran the evo2 for a whole race yr and the car was great dont get me wrong as i had a great yr but with the shepherd straight out the box and a little tuning to it well its as fast or better and will only get better as they get as many yrs up as kyosho thank,s tony
Old 12-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Not every driver will be faster with the highly appraised vehicle. Not every pro will post his fastest lap with any car he/she drives. I know some guys who can beat others with a box stock MTX4 and use gear diffs verses a spool or one way diff up front. Me personally if I were to get a sedan I'd just go with a MTX4R. The most expensive kit won't help me. If you are comfortable with working on one brand of chassis then continue on with it. Otherwise if you feel the need to try other cars ask a friend if you can test drive one of their cars should it differ than yours. That or buy one and see for yourself.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

I was a really loyal kyosho driver i was sponsored by kyosho america due to sponsor reasons i switched to Xray ( RcAmerica ) I must say the kyosho is verry capable of going fast however the xray is much faster in many ways i like it a lot
Old 12-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RCAKid
I was a really loyal kyosho driver i was sponsored by kyosho america due to sponsor reasons i switched to Xray ( RcAmerica ) I must say the kyosho is verry capable of going fast however the xray is much faster in many ways i like it a lot
Are you 100% sponsored driver? or a 50% driver? I know nobody gives 100% unless you are as good as Swauger or Ralph Burch, a 50% is a discount driver not called a sponsor driver, the way you talk is like you can beat Collari in a race.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brc358
Without putting the Velox down, I know of at least 4 drivers that bought the new Velox <1/8th scale> and sold them within 3 months and went back with either the Kyosho or Mugen. Their biggest complaints were the parts on the Velox were too fragile.
Not an issue any more, if it ever was. I didn't have the 08 car but the 09 is fantastic.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Android
Are you 100% sponsored driver? or a 50% driver? I know nobody gives 100% unless you are as good as Swauger or Ralph Burch, a 50% is a discount driver not called a sponsor driver, the way you talk is like you can beat Collari in a race.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Android
I know nobody gives 100% unless you are as good as Swauger or Ralph Burch, a 50% is a discount driver not called a sponsor driver, the way you talk is like you can beat Collari in a race.
Swauger and Burch are PAID drivers. Even better than 100%. You would be surprised how many 100% drivers there are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.