Default Virtual Rc Racing game

Does anyone do this?

thoughts?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Krafcik
Does anyone do this?

thoughts?
I do it from time to time -- more often than not because it either cold/winter or its raining over here in Europe!

Its fun, the tracks are as realistic as can be for a PC sim, I've been to two personally (Halifax and Heemstede) and the Sim helped with the "flow" of driving the track when you go there the first time in real life.

There are tons on Replay and Set-Up files at 3hobby.net that you can download. Don't know why but VRC seems to have stopped letting their members putting up set-up files. Either that or people are getting more and more stingy and not sharing them.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

how does it work? For example, how do you pick your car, radio, servos, enginer, etc. How do you do the set-up? Is it worth the cash? did you buy the radio too?

Chris

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I do it from time to time -- more often than not because it either cold/winter or its raining over here in Europe!

Its fun, the tracks are as realistic as can be for a PC sim, I've been to two personally (Halifax and Heemstede) and the Sim helped with the "flow" of driving the track when you go there the first time in real life.

There are tons on Replay and Set-Up files at 3hobby.net that you can download. Don't know why but VRC seems to have stopped letting their members putting up set-up files. Either that or people are getting more and more stingy and not sharing them.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

they had it set up at the local hobbytown set up on a big screen lcd so it was more realistic.

Last edited by NitroMaxx3.3; 06-27-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

how does it work? For example, how do you pick your car, radio, servos, enginer, etc. How do you do the set-up? Is it worth the cash? did you buy the radio too?

Chris
It works very well for the newbie to get driving skills. The car, engine are all the same, you are just picking a brand you like but they all preform the same, because the programming would be a nightmare.... It has over 2 million setting you change...

GREAT SIMI, it is not a game, it is a simi....
Old 06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Chris
If you have a PC with decent graphix card, a Tx and a spare Rx then the only thing you need to buy is the USB adapter.

You download the software (free) and it comes with 2 free tracks. Install it and connect the Rx to the USB adapter and then to your PC's USB port. That's it.

Just like a real RC car, you can change tyre shores, set-ups and shells. Try it ..
Old 06-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Talking VRC offroad

Looks like they are adding dirt to the sim in the next version.

That should get everbodys attention, and the track builder looks like hours of fun
Old 06-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

how realistic is this thing setup wise?
like if i change the shock position will it perform as it does in real life?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone do this?

thoughts?
For me, it has improved my driving (driving line), consistency (accelerating and braking) and passing ettiquette . It can also help you get used to driving in long mains.

As many people have said in the past, it's not the same as the real thing, but if you're new, it can help improve your game.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
For me, it has improved my driving (driving line), consistency (accelerating and braking) and passing ettiquette . It can also help you get used to driving in long mains.

As many people have said in the past, it's not the same as the real thing, but if you're new, it can help improve your game.
You said it all... It does help, but real is real..... This Simi is almost real, but not real... It is as good as it gets.... GREAT Product....
Old 06-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

and can somebody point me where to get them?
this should be more fun... especially on a lame workweek afternoon
Old 06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

Have to agree with rmd ,this is a in my opinion a essential rc tool.
The benefits are learning racing lines, braking points and betting comfortable with traffic.
Used as a promotional tool in shops it helps to explain what is involved to newcomers and gives them a chance to drive as well.
For beginners and pros nothing can beet having track time whenever you need it.The artificial intelligence can be adjusted to your level and is what i recommend to customers.
Get on the track with 5/6 other cars and start with 60% AI and get the rythm and line going as you keep up with the other cars.As you keep up consistently you increase the AI.

Has improved my driving a lot and like mentioned also gets you comfortable with long runs.

This is not a alternative to the real thing but definately makes the real thing better and also saves you $$$ as you wont be crashing as much .

Id suggest any serious person interested in rc racing must give it a try.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
and can somebody point me where to get them?
this should be more fun... especially on a lame workweek afternoon
http://www.virtualrc.com
Old 06-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

thanks Sow!!!

File Download
55% ... 56% of VRC blah blah blah completed...
Old 06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
thanks Sow!!!

File Download
55% ... 56% of VRC blah blah blah completed...
No worries man, glad you managed to download it. I love the Brisbane track although I can only manage to do one complete 5-min session mistake free in about 50 attempts!

Managed to creep into 10th spot on the Best Ever Results list but still way off 18 laps so I know I didn't make a mistake not taking part in the last Worlds!

Like Bertin said in Ray Wood's DVD ... "watching, it doesn't look, but its a very difficult track!" Hail Keisuke Fukuda and his MTX4 for winning there!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.