R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Anyone tried reversisng the process?

Wondering if filling it with lead and immersing in a bath of water later to shrink the pipe after the dent is removed?
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:33 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I used rubber caps. Found them to be safe, fill up pipe with water and place caps that your motor comes with (exhuast and small one for throttle and also the after market one that fits onto stinger). Found that this is very safe, simply when the expansion becomes too much the rubbers are slightly concave so water expands in them.This works well with all the dents but it does not squeeze the pipe to original shape, for this to happen you will have to fill up (epoxy) some of the caps so that expansion will happen in pipe. But to be honest the rubber works well enough and will have no problems stuffing you pipe up. Do this method and then as you get used to it you can fine tune to expand to original shape.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I tried this on a few pipes before that were BADLY damaged. Picco 2651 .. dent on the inside portion of the stinger from drive pulley ... came out fine.

Tried it for some Novarossi pipes I have and one was a success and the other blew up too big.

You have to master it .. I personally cap off all the niples and leave the exhaust port open ... fill to the top let it sit and expand.

You do have to do it a few times.

If your stinger is dented in .. run the car 1 tank so the pipe gets HOT and pull the stinger out VERY VERY CAREFULLY!

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
DENT IN PIPE. Frozen water trick?-nova.jpg   DENT IN PIPE. Frozen water trick?-nova-1-.jpg   DENT IN PIPE. Frozen water trick?-nova-2-.jpg  
SERPENT7twenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENT7twenty View Post
I tried this on a few pipes before that were BADLY damaged. Picco 2651 .. dent on the inside portion of the stinger from drive pulley ... came out fine.

Tried it for some Novarossi pipes I have and one was a success and the other blew up too big.

You have to master it .. I personally cap off all the niples and leave the exhaust port open ... fill to the top let it sit and expand.

You do have to do it a few times.

If your stinger is dented in .. run the car 1 tank so the pipe gets HOT and pull the stinger out VERY VERY CAREFULLY!

Good luck.

Jay

I have found a method that has been full proof in preventing the pipe from expanding out of shape and getting dents out that haven't crushed the cone or baffle, First put milk in the capped off pipe(all openings) then get a zip-lock freezer bag large enough to close with the pipe inside and fill the freezer bag 3/4 with water around the pipe and zip close then freeze,The water around the pipe freezes and prevent's the pipe from getting pregnant BAM! YOU HAVE HAVE IT, THAW IT OUT LIKE A STEAK AND CHECK IT OUT BRO,

P.S
WE KNOW KAMIKAZE HAD A SECRET MEETING LAST WEEKEND AND WE HAVE BEEN FINDING OUT YOU GUYZ INNER SECRETS BECAUSE WE HAVE HAD A MOLE IN ALL KAMIKAZE'S END OF THE YEAR CEREMONIES 06' 07' 08' 09' Can you FIND him?