Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lightweight MRX4X Front/Rear Drive Axles

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Suspended

Default Lightweight MRX4X Front/Rear Drive Axles

Hi guys, just wanted your input on this option part, has anyone tried theme, who has theme in stock?
Old 12-18-2009, 06:34 PM
kmh
Tech Addict

Try YBSLOW,ASHFORD HOBBY,BROOKLYN HOBBY. They are very popular items and seem to sell really fast.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah, ybslow or also kamakazi has some i think
Old 12-19-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default YB Axles

We are out of stock at the moment. We have some new design liteweight axles that are even lighter and just as strong as the originals coming out in a couple of weeks made out of 304 stainless steel. We also have MRX4-X hollow stainless steel 2-speed shafts (16g as opposed to 26g for stock shaft) back in stock around that time as well.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
We are out of stock at the moment. We have some new design liteweight axles that are even lighter and just as strong as the originals coming out in a couple of weeks made out of 304 stainless steel. We also have MRX4-X hollow stainless steel 2-speed shafts (16g as opposed to 26g for stock shaft) back in stock around that time as well.
Do you think you will have them in by January, have a GP to race at, and i really wanted to try theme out, i'll surely be interested in the MRX4-X hollow stainless steel 2-speed shafts and lightweight axles, do you really get some king of improvement as far as performance, handling etc..?
Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by epowr_Racing
Do you think you will have them in by January, have a GP to race at, and i really wanted to try theme out, i'll surely be interested in the MRX4-X hollow stainless steel 2-speed shafts and lightweight axles, do you really get some king of improvement as far as performance, handling etc..?
Any time you reduce the rotational mass aka "moment of inertia" of anything in the car's drivetrain you are going to get an increase in performance. Basically it means its easier for the motor to transfer torque to the wheels. You can think of each rotating element in the drive line as a contributor to parasitic drag on the engine. So the less drag on the engine the easier it is for the engine to transfer power to where it matters, "the wheels".

Now that being said, the amount of performance gain for any given mod in these already incredibly disproportionate power/weight monsters is most likely going to be very hard to quantify visually. You may see a few hundredths of a second shaved off your times if you do substantial upgrades to lighten up the driveline. If you are an incredible driver and consistantly sit in the top in the leader boards then mods such as these can be advantageous. But, for the average or even above average driver, working on your driving skill would be "money" better spent...
Old 12-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes they will be available right around January 1st
Old 12-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BIGTACO
Any time you reduce the rotational mass aka "moment of inertia" of anything in the car's drivetrain you are going to get an increase in performance. Basically it means its easier for the motor to transfer torque to the wheels. You can think of each rotating element in the drive line as a contributor to parasitic drag on the engine. So the less drag on the engine the easier it is for the engine to transfer power to where it matters, "the wheels".

Now that being said, the amount of performance gain for any given mod in these already incredibly disproportionate power/weight monsters is most likely going to be very hard to quantify visually. You may see a few hundredths of a second shaved off your times if you do substantial upgrades to lighten up the driveline. If you are an incredible driver and consistantly sit in the top in the leader boards then mods such as these can be advantageous. But, for the average or even above average driver, working on your driving skill would be "money" better spent...
well i wont say that i'm an incredible driver, but i can defend my self, so far i've remain in the top 3 and manage the best lap time at one of our local track, 19.49s, but i can really feel that the car is on the heavy side, the motor i got so i don't think is Motor issue i'm running a brand new .21 flash tuned, so i do believe that the mod will be an advantage
and when your competing with guy such as Jacky Mouton you have to be ready. lol...
Old 12-22-2009, 05:47 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Yes they will be available right around January 1st
well count my order in ..lol.. i'll Pm on what i will need you to prepare for me
my next event is January 29-31 2010 GP of Martinique and i can push some YBSLOW with me down here in the Caribbean.

BIGTACO see Pics of one of our track
Attached Thumbnails Lightweight MRX4X Front/Rear Drive Axles-normal_dsc03714.jpg  
Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well count my order in ..lol.. i'll Pm on what i will need you to prepare for me
my next event is January 29-31 2010 GP of Martinique and i can push some YBSLOW with me down here in the Caribbean.

BIGTACO see Pics of one of our track
Wow! Thats a NICE track, and its in the Caribbean?

I will be racing at Mike's Hobbies in Porter Texas once I get my car finished. Its ok, kinda small. But, it gets the job done