R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Suspended

Default MY TWO NEW GT2

Hi, thought i would share my two new gt2 with you all. I bought one for racing and one for a shelf queen, ok ok i know what your thinking " why waste a car. blah blah blah, simple, IT IS WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY! and I dont care what ya think. lol, but seriously I do have a qs. sorry pic is coming
krazikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazikev View Post
Hi, thought i would share my two new gt2 with you all. I bought one for racing and one for a shelf queen, ok ok i know what your thinking " why waste a car. blah blah blah, simple, IT IS WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY! and I dont care what ya think. lol, but seriously I do have a qs. sorry pic is coming
MY TWO NEW GT2-gt2.jpg
sorry about the poor editing but here is my qs.
i am new to ON ROAD NITRO CAR racing but not new to nitro cars itself and need to know what is the best motor (cost not a issue) and tranny to put in my kyhoso inferno gt2 FOR RACING ( yea i know i didnt buy a mugan or a serpent but this is what i have), i ask about the tranny cause i know about the stock one blowing up. I know there is a company out there that makes a tranny for it but i can not think of the name. also how do you guys feel about me putting dragon racings aluminum control arms on? thanks for your help
krazikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazikev View Post
Attachment 532153
sorry about the poor editing but here is my qs.
i am new to ON ROAD NITRO CAR racing but not new to nitro cars itself and need to know what is the best motor (cost not a issue) and tranny to put in my kyhoso inferno gt2 FOR RACING ( yea i know i didnt buy a mugan or a serpent but this is what i have), i ask about the tranny cause i know about the stock one blowing up. I know there is a company out there that makes a tranny for it but i can not think of the name. also how do you guys feel about me putting dragon racings aluminum control arms on? thanks for your help

Hi, about the tranny, visit www.ipanemasports.com they have a conversion kit that solves the issue.

For any GT related question, go to this thread : http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ased-road.html

cya !

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Who cares about Mugen or Serpent???? These cars are much more fun and realistic looking than a flying doorstop!

Never been a big fan of aluminum pieces, they're not necessary, but they might look nice on the shelf queen!

Definitely get the Ipanema tranny. Everybody racing these cars runs it. Solves all the issues and it's packaged all together with instructions.

As for motors, any .21 or .28 will do. If your going to race, check with the track to see if they have any rules regarding motor limit. Some of the more popular .28 motors are LRP, Axial, Picco and Ninja.

Inferno GT1 / LRP Z.28R / Ipanema 2-speed / Dragon Racing / Max Velocity
Monster GT / LRP ZR.30
Spektrum DX3R

Last edited by rpespo; 12-19-2009 at 08:40 AM.
rpespo is offline   Reply With Quote