1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

They had been working hard with the 1/10 as they had lot of new parts like complete 2 speed with oversize oneway, aluminum front bulk, front arm mount, etc. Hope they find sometime to update the razor soon....
Old 09-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

There will not be a Razor 2 this year.

However, by the end of September the new front and rear hubs and associated parts for the use with OS2 wheels will be made available to Razor owners. This will be a great advantage for the Razor owners so you can choose and use any tire in the market place.

As for racing, the use of the OS2 wheels will give a better feel of control. If there is any speed increase it would be in tenths. That would be more due to feel than actual performance enhancement. The big advantage is the ability to be able to use any tire you wish. This can help your racing budget!

The Razor is already a very competitive car. If you use Edam's aftermarket parts, and based on your driving style and creativeness, parts from other world class cars, the Razor will race with the best. With the right driver, as usual, the Razor will beat the best! My poor car doesn't have that driver

The Spirit is also a top competitive car. Using the carbon fiber two rear braces, 2.5 top tray, 2 speed shaft package, this car runs smooth and drives very nice. I don't use the stock clutch system and 2 speed system so I can't speak about the new 2 speed parts available. Of course I don't use any of the aluminum parts that could bend in critical areas that leave your car in a tweak. Carbon fiber parts is needed when used to stiffen a particular area or good plastic parts. Aluminum is for bling. So be careful in use of these parts. But if you are looking for an excellent competitive car at a good price the Spirit has to be on your short list.

Have Fun!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TM America
There will not be a Razor 2 this year.

However, by the end of September the new front and rear hubs and associated parts for the use with OS2 wheels will be made available to Razor owners. This will be a great advantage for the Razor owners so you can choose and use any tire in the market place.

As for racing, the use of the OS2 wheels will give a better feel of control. If there is any speed increase it would be in tenths. That would be more due to feel than actual performance enhancement. The big advantage is the ability to be able to use any tire you wish. This can help your racing budget!

The Razor is already a very competitive car. If you use Edam's aftermarket parts, and based on your driving style and creativeness, parts from other world class cars, the Razor will race with the best. With the right driver, as usual, the Razor will beat the best! My poor car doesn't have that driver

The Spirit is also a top competitive car. Using the carbon fiber two rear braces, 2.5 top tray, 2 speed shaft package, this car runs smooth and drives very nice. I don't use the stock clutch system and 2 speed system so I can't speak about the new 2 speed parts available. Of course I don't use any of the aluminum parts that could bend in critical areas that leave your car in a tweak. Carbon fiber parts is needed when used to stiffen a particular area or good plastic parts. Aluminum is for bling. So be careful in use of these parts. But if you are looking for an excellent competitive car at a good price the Spirit has to be on your short list.

Have Fun!
Sam:

What two speed do you use then on your Edam Spirit?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im using right now the EDAM Spirit ... very nice car, im runing it full stock will race it for first time this weekend ... but my lap times on practice show very good numbers,

cya !
Old 09-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Good luck Patto. Let us know how well you did after the race!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:00 AM
Tech Master

Default Novarossi Challenge @ Homestead Super Raceway

Old 09-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TM America
Good luck Patto. Let us know how well you did after the race!

Hi my friend,

Well, finally raced the Spirit 1/10 for first time ... TQed the race with my best lap almost 1 second faster than the faster guy on track, ended the race on 2nd place due to "finger/brain coordination problems" ...

Very glad to race test this machine, very nice ...

thanks for the help and tips,
Old 09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Congratulation on your excellent performance. I also know about the finger brain coordination problems. ZBut you over came it proudly my friend!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, that is it: >>>CHECK ME OUT<<<
It is a big Jump vor success.....
Leichti
Old 11-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

I am running the new car now. Don't really know why but with the new rear upright the car have a lot more steering than the old one. Love it.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com
I am running the new car now. Don't really know why but with the new rear upright the car have a lot more steering than the old one. Love it.

You got the new Razor 2 wich works now on full OS/2 wheels ?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

The new Razor is ready for selling?
I thought, the have shown only a Prototype, an we have to wait till next Year.
Its my first hearing, that the second GEneration is on Market.
Leichti
Old 11-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

No not the brand new one with completely new rear end as seen in Germany earlier this year. I just build a new kit with the OS2 conversion included in the kit. It seems to have a lot more steering than my old car (which I change to Mugen upright so I can use os2 rims). The car seems to have a lot more grip both front and rear, and I don't really understand why??? But sure it is a good thing.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why didnīt they sell the OS2-conversion kit earlier in the year? Its angry for me, because i changed to Serpent 966. The Car was out of the Box faster than the Razor. BUT, i learned a lot with the Serpent, so i changed the Setup from the Razor completely. The Razor ist now faster than ever time before, and now his Handicap, using os1 Rims, is over. this makes hope for next year, and i will test again Serpent vs Razor.
LM
Old 11-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Leichtmetall
Why didnīt they sell the OS2-conversion kit earlier in the year? Its angry for me, because i changed to Serpent 966. The Car was out of the Box faster than the Razor. BUT, i learned a lot with the Serpent, so i changed the Setup from the Razor completely. The Razor ist now faster than ever time before, and now his Handicap, using os1 Rims, is over. this makes hope for next year, and i will test again Serpent vs Razor.
LM
Ya, wish they have it earlier. My friend said the samething as he just got a new Razor last month with the old uprights.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.