Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #181
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default None actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabrc View Post
What kind of competition and how did you place?
I was running pan that day (club race) so my first foray with it was strictly practice. I can say there were other 4wd's at one point out there and I wasn't getting passed. The next race I go to I'll be running it exclusively, but I probably got about 40 min in all told, and as I said, it's lightning fast, turns on a dime. I let my buddy run it, he wrecked it pretty good, and absolutely nothing broke. I was really, really impressed with a basic out of the box car and I had more than a few visitors to my pits to have a look at the new kid on the block. I'll be running this thing for points this year and at the Great Lakes Championship, I expect to do pretty well. After run inspection...no cracks, no slop, barely any wear on the gears and belts...I really would have been happy to settle for average performance since I'm saving so much money on this thing, but it's delivering top of the line performance. I wish now I'd had my pitman time it so I could give you a better point to mark it against, and obviously I need to run it in competition before I can give it a complete bill of good health, but I see no faults of any kind thus far and am beyond happy with the car. I'm starting to think really hard about taking a distributorship...lol...I have a feeling if I do well at points races, these things will go like hotcakes.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #182
Tech Apprentice

The Razor2 has some points you should watch good:
The rear smooth-running-belt is much loose. After ~5 Liters of fuel, the teeth of belt are worn out. I solved this problem while changing the ball bearings in rear bulkheads against excentric rings. I used them from the rear hubs, cut away the nose outside and put them with bearings 18x12x4 in rear bulkheads. (You should open the outgoing hole for the outdrives too) The solid axle is now lower and a little bit more to the rear. Now the belt is runing a little stronger and the wear out is away.
The Brake-Discs and the cooling star should be checked all 5 Liters. The should be absolutely flat. The driving pins often "open the holes" and give unevenness, that make the brake stuttering.
To get more Gripp in front, use the slide-type-servo-saver from the Spirit and change the lower front-arm into the short-whell-base-position. This will give more agressive Steering.
Dont worry about the gap/space for the Servo-saver, it works well. And for the distance between anti-roll-bar-holder and lower warm, i used a M3 Screw-nut, works well too.
Stephan
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-innenansicht-achsbock.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-achsbock-ausgeschnitten.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-radstand.jpg   1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-servosaver.jpg  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #183
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leichtmetall View Post
The Razor2 has some points you should watch good:
The rear smooth-running-belt is much loose. After ~5 Liters of fuel, the teeth of belt are worn out. I solved this problem while changing the ball bearings in rear bulkheads against excentric rings. I used them from the rear hubs, cut away the nose outside and put them with bearings 18x12x4 in rear bulkheads. (You should open the outgoing hole for the outdrives too) The solid axle is now lower and a little bit more to the rear. Now the belt is runing a little stronger and the wear out is away.
The Brake-Discs and the cooling star should be checked all 5 Liters. The should be absolutely flat. The driving pins often "open the holes" and give unevenness, that make the brake stuttering.
To get more Gripp in front, use the slide-type-servo-saver from the Spirit and change the lower front-arm into the short-whell-base-position. This will give more agressive Steering.
Dont worry about the gap/space for the Servo-saver, it works well. And for the distance between anti-roll-bar-holder and lower warm, i used a M3 Screw-nut, works well too.
Stephan
At this point I'm scared to make any changes of any sort. I'll keep an eye out for the future probs like you describe, but I'll keep it as is for now...any more grip in front and I wouldn't know what to do with it. If anything, I had to take a little steering out because it's so aggressive. I'm taking notes as I go, sort of a cheat sheet for future owners. I'm probably overly optimistic at this point but I don't see how a person couldn't do well with this car.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #184
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #185
Tech Apprentice

are you a registered vendor on this forum?
VentureXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #186
Tech Addict

Default Just out of curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentureXero View Post
are you a registered vendor on this forum?
Who are you referring your question to? I don't know who on this thread is a vendor or not. I suspect I will be in about two months but as of now, I'm not. If you're curious if one of the others is a vendor, you should ask them directly or mention their name in your question.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #187
Les
Tech Addict

Default Edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Who are you referring your question to? I don't know who on this thread is a vendor or not. I suspect I will be in about two months but as of now, I'm not. If you're curious if one of the others is a vendor, you should ask them directly or mention their name in your question.
Hello, am looking for a reliable RC Shop that has parts in stock for the 1/10th Edam, can anyone help would be appreciated.
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Hello, am looking for a reliable RC Shop that has parts in stock for the 1/10th Edam, can anyone help would be appreciated.
Les

Get in contact with Joe at JPM Racing in Sydney they are Aussie Dissy for Edam.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 05-09-2012, 04:59 AM   #189
Les
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Les

Get in contact with Joe at JPM Racing in Sydney they are Aussie Dissy for Edam.

Thanks
Andrew
Thanks Andrew, much appreciated.

Regards, Les
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #190
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
At this point I'm scared to make any changes of any sort. I'll keep an eye out for the future probs like you describe, but I'll keep it as is for now...any more grip in front and I wouldn't know what to do with it. If anything, I had to take a little steering out because it's so aggressive. I'm taking notes as I go, sort of a cheat sheet for future owners. I'm probably overly optimistic at this point but I don't see how a person couldn't do well with this car.
Hello
It is possible, that in your Location, the Tracks have more Gripp than here in Germany. Also it is possible, that rubber compound is different from us.
Another thing is, that my Friends allways say, the Car is running very well while im missing Gripp in Front. So it is possible, that im only a little nuts with a different drive-style.
But one thing is fact:
The Razor 2 is a realy chep car and a keen competition for the expensive Cars
Stephan
Old 05-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #191
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leichtmetall View Post
Hello
It is possible, that in your Location, the Tracks have more Gripp than here in Germany. Also it is possible, that rubber compound is different from us.
Another thing is, that my Friends allways say, the Car is running very well while im missing Gripp in Front. So it is possible, that im only a little nuts with a different drive-style.
But one thing is fact:
The Razor 2 is a realy chep car and a keen competition for the expensive Cars
Stephan
Old 06-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #192
Tech Regular

Here's my latest rotational weight watcher's find.

More to come!!
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-5-18-12-004.jpg  
Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #193
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma racer View Post
Here's my latest rotational weight watcher's find.

More to come!!
ist it light weight ceramic?
Leichti
Old 07-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #194
Tech Regular

L-
It's hard coated aluminum.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #195
Tech Regular

Here's a little rotational weight saver!!!
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor-edam-1st-gear-housing.jpg  

Tags
edam, edam razor