R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #136
Tech Apprentice

Why did you ask?
If you will be honest, 80% of car-drivers cannot use all the setupfeatures of the expensive cars to make car faster. And for this 80%, the Razor is a good, cheap Car for Racing.
Sure, the Razor is not the best, but it is enough for Hobby-Drivers who never will be world-champion or be in top20 of the country. They will not be top with a mugen, a Serpent or another car. In good Racing-hand, the RazorII will be so fast as another car...im sure.
LM
Old 08-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #137
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to max_chen Send a message via Skype™ to max_chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppernick View Post
Yep ....... The Razor 2 is alive and kickin' here in Malaysia.

$ for $, a perfectly good performer and the parts cost so little compared to it's pedigree brethen. Fitment of plastic parts has improved tremendously compared to the bygone Yusa days and the OS2 revision opens up unlimited tyre choice for the Razor. The Alpha pipe (essentially a Nova 2052) with switchable stinger venturi an interesting addition that allow low end and top speed tuning.

Looks the Alpha 2090 pipe is great than Nova 2052.So nice
The switchable stinger is patented sure.It's 7mm 7.5mm 8mm can switchable.
APlus adjustable clutch system(ACS Clutch)
max_chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #138
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leichtmetall View Post
Why did you ask?
If you will be honest, 80% of car-drivers cannot use all the setupfeatures of the expensive cars to make car faster. And for this 80%, the Razor is a good, cheap Car for Racing.
Sure, the Razor is not the best, but it is enough for Hobby-Drivers who never will be world-champion or be in top20 of the country. They will not be top with a mugen, a Serpent or another car. In good Racing-hand, the RazorII will be so fast as another car...im sure.
LM
I agree with you on this one. Not the newest flexable chassis or the trick rear end, etc..... But sure a very stable chassis and easy to setup, since there are not much adjustment you can change. lol And the car feel quite good on the track.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #139
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

I need to find a place for get the OS2 conversion from Razor to Razor 2, any alternative online ?

thanks

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #140
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com View Post
I agree with you on this one. Not the newest flexable chassis or the trick rear end, etc..... But sure a very stable chassis and easy to setup, since there are not much adjustment you can change. lol And the car feel quite good on the track.
I think, we mean the same. A good Car for rookies and advanced, not for a Profi-Racer. But, it is a car with less wearout. And it is realy cheap. Not everyone, who wants to race, has the money for a mugen or serpent or velox. And, the spare parts of these cars are more expensive...

@Tabushi:
Have a Look:
http://www.wtmodels.de/product_info....oducts_id/6597
All you have to do for using OS2 Rims:
Shorten the front Pins ~2mm, and OS2 Front-Rims will work.
For the Rear, buy rear knuckles, rear Axle-shaft, upper Arms and rear wheel change lever from OS2 System. In the rear Knuckles you can use 21x12x5 Ball Bearings or the excentric Rings with the 18x12x4 Ball bearings, both will work. But, with excenters, you have some more setup possibilitys, wich will help.
LM

Last edited by Leichtmetall; 08-23-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Leichtmetall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #141
Tech Master

Guys,

I've been looking into this kit, need something for the track, not a 100% race car but something in between 1/8 rallygame/GT and 1:8 pure onroad.
This might be it. Some questions, especially for Stephane since I'm from EU.

Will the EXER (RTR) GT style bodies work with this: EDAM Razor Pro 1:8 , Nitro, KIT, OS2-Felgenaufnahme without modifications?

I have a brand new Sirio RR 21 STi in a box with Sirio 2058, I could imagine it would be a perfect fit for the car? I really pulls my BMT 081..

What about the ATS OS2 tires, is it a must to true them? Will they work without trueing in GT style use, not 100% racing although on track (I sold my truer some time ago with the 1/10th scale)
Any other good tire options?

Does WT models carry INS-BOX for the car ?

The OS2 conversion does not fit the EXER RTR ?

Any other considerations?
Old 08-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #142
Tech Apprentice

Hello Mika
I think, the Body from Exer will work with RazorII and OS2 rims. it can be, that you need longer Body-posts for the front.
The Exer is a cheaper Version of Razor: No Centax-Style-Clutch, Exer has a 3-Shoe-Flight-Clutch. Not Carbon Radioplate, Exer has a Aluminium Radio-plate.
And for your other Question, OS2 Conversion Kit will not work with Exer because the Exer has in Front the "Dog-bones" such as in Rear, no drive-shafts. (CVD) To built in the OS2 Conversion Kit in Exer, you only have to mount the rear-parts. In front short the Pin ~2mm and you can use OS2 rims in front. (And of course older OS1 rims)
Also the Exer has a start-by-wire-Engine (Force), so the Pully-hubs for the long belt are longer, to have enough place for the Pullstarter.
One smal annoyance is the pinion for first gear for clutch-bell. It has 17 teeth (in Kit), and this is tooooooooooo long. For first gear, you should use the 16-Pinion for clutch bell. If your engine has less power at low RPM, you also can use a 15-Pinion for first Gear from Serpent (Centax II)
Tyres:
I use ATS 33front/35rear in Racing, out of the Box. I have to less Money to true a lot and put it in dustbin. If using the bigger pinion (26) for the long belt, you can use all Tyres out of Box with a little understeer. If new front Tyres will have 1-2mm less diameter, Car-handling is perfekt.
ATS: Price OK, wearout OK, Gripp good.
Shepherd Tyres: Price OK, wearout OK, Gripp good.
IDM Tyres: Price better, wearout a little higher, Gripp a little lower.
For the Centax.Clutch of Edam Razor Kit i have a spezial Adjustment, and everybody shows me the bird and told me, im going nuts.....until they saw how my clutch is working..
And, i think WTmodels doesnt carry INS-Box. But feel free and contact him. I think he speaks and writes better english than i can, and perhaps he can give you a more detailed information.
If you will sign up at www.edam-racing.de, you can download the manual of RazorII. Dont worry about registration, its my side without trouble
If you have more Questions, you can contact me through my side "Kontakt",
I hope i could help you
Stephan
Old 08-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #143
Tech Master

Thank you Stephane this helps a lot!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:35 AM   #144

Default centax

anybody...plz help me with my centax set up...give me some tips
harrydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #145
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrydin View Post
anybody...plz help me with my centax set up...give me some tips
The original Edam-Centax?
You can think, im nuts, but try following:
put away the screws from the 4 flight-weights. Use the soft spring. The gap between the clutchbell (or should i write clutchhousing?) and the clutch-shoe should be 1,1mm till 1,2mm.
If you are not happy with the shoe, try the yellow clutchshoe from mugen.
dont ask or wonder, try it out
I asked me a long time, why normal clutch-adjusments wont work so good. I think the reason is the smaler surface where clutchshoe is touching the bell.
And dont worry, the flight-weights never fly away from my clutch, and at a race-weekend ill start in training sometimes with 1,2mm and at end of race i have 1,3mm, and clutch works very good.
If you can read german, try www.edam-racing.de and have a look there.
greetings
Stephan
Old 11-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #146
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would like to introduce myself....I am a driver for EDAM in the USA. I will be continuously be checking in to help answer any questions. Also, feel free to PM me.

Hope to hear from ya!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #147

Default how to center stering servo

anyone can help me to center my servo stering,did i need to open the whole front car or there is the easy way..
harrydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #148
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrydin View Post
anyone can help me to center my servo stering,did i need to open the whole front car or there is the easy way..
Harry, I answered you in the other thread!!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #149
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

whats the differences between the razor pro and razor 2?
Old 01-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #150
Tech Apprentice

Hello
If im right, the Razor Pro was the older Kit of Razor. First Time, the Chasis was only for 5 AAA-Cells and the Car had the older OS1 Rims.
The Razor 2 Kit has the Chasis for 5 2/3 Cells (it is smaler too) and a little other Knuckles and Axles in Rear, so you can use the normal OS2 Rims (used on Mugen, Serpent, Kyosho....) on the Chasis.
LM

Tags
edam, edam razor